Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

...Can I add the Stelvio Pass? Dreams are free of charge...:p

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-S2aEdSk0

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I have to say this, I would not mind having to pay extra for more "massive" content. Sure what is massive, is for everyone to decide. But I would see for circuits like Nordschleife (vintage and modern) and Targa Florio to be such massive addons. Or then complete seasons for any given series, including cars AND tracks. Currently what we see with rF2 is few cars from here and few tracks from there. I don't know if any complete season/series are planned, but it would be worth of extra money I think... Now that I think of it more, actually that can't work. People would just re-release such as a free mod :D So never mind...

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I really liked this track in rf1, it's unusual & it would make a super addition to rf2, although I appreciate all the work modders put in to this to get it to rf1 I really hope it's a little more polished & optimised for rf2.

If I had the choice between this track & say 3 to 4 modern f1 circuits then I'd pick the f1 circuits but I guess either way full f1 track packs will come to rf2, but TF us not guaranteed & it really does offer something different.

Really looking forward to the possible release if this (-:

4. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I´d pay more than 25$ for a well made Nordschleife.
    And even more for a proper Targa Florio..

Maybe ISI should take the kickstarter approach.

Wonder if enough funds could be raised.. :)

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Though the Targa Floria prospect sounds like a grand project, I for one am not interested in tracks where the total lap count is under double digits, and the lap times are counted in hours not minutes. Yes I know I exaggerated a little on the lap times, but you get the point. For me, the track is too long as is the nords. I prefer tracks that can be run in less than 3 minutes per lap and where the racing can be started all at once and not one car every couple of minutes as was the norm on the real track.

This is a great track for rally as evidenced by how many rallies have been held here, but for regular pavement racing, I see only limited usage for it.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Actually I`ve got to say I agree with this Gearjammer... although I do like to lap on the Targa and the Nords and historic Nords would be very welcome for rf2`s 60`s content I do prefer shorter, more "normal" tracks with closer racing.

It would still be very nice to have the Targa and Nords etc in rf2 as rf2 could really do them justice but they`d also be a tremendous amount of work and something we might not see maybe...

7. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

The longer, the better for me. I'm not the fastest on the Targa, but its the most fun I've ever had driving alone on a sim. (I'm David on rFactor rank if you want to see my times.) And the more you learn the track, the better it gets!

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have said it money times,I would give my money to have the Nurb' as DLC!

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I wanted to do this track, actually I already have modeled basic road mesh and some part of terrain, but I decided to stop development of this track. It's to huge for one person. One year or even more of work.

In the same time I can make 5 smaller tracks.

Targa is also very long track, to much work for the one person.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2012
  10. argo0

argo0 Registered

Well, they're different disciplines of racing aren't they. Personally, I love close wheel to wheel track racing and I also love the endurance stuff like Targa, Nords and Isle of Man.
    I can assure anyone who hasn't raced round Targa in a sim that it definitely transports you to a different place mentally to anything you've experienced in a sim before. Its a zen-like experience. I'm not exaggerating.
    34 minutes was my best lap in the 66 Honda in GPL (or 69 Brabham, can't remember!). But it was a unique pleasure to simply get away from racing and simply DRIVE through the Italian countryside and villages enjoying the sights and the FFB.
    God, it was great. One of the most amazing gaming experiences that anyone could have.

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Yeah, it is not about driving 100% there, more like having a sprited drive at countryside.

As I prefer street cars over race cars, it is perhaps just natural to like from that track so much, over 5 meters long, 2 meters wide nearly 2 ton american highway yacht and Targa is really best fun you can have under 70 miles per hour, some may think combination is crazy, maybe, but in a good way, not very easy to drift without accidents.

12. argo0

argo0 Registered

Its great that you made a start, Feels.
    So, there we have it! Feels has produced the finest mod track for rf2 with his fantastic Croft, and started work on Targa. Who wants to help him and become a true modding LEGEND!
    Of course, I'm not trying to speak on behalf of Feels. It's not my place to. My enthusiasm for this great game combined with this great track is overwhelming!
    One day, I intend to grow up!

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

No, no, I started work on Passo dello Stelvio ;-)

14. argo0

argo0 Registered

Oh yeah, I overlooked the quote in your post. Apologies. See what I mean though? Just thinking about these tracks for rf2 makes me delirious and unable to concentrate.

15. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Wow, I googled this, incredible! Campari, Merzario there? I thought only Targa and Mille Miglia had so many km!!

17. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

[​IMG]

18. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

There is Pescara too. 25km.

Le Mans 1906 103km
    [​IMG]

Nordschleife + Sudschleife 28km, I dream of it.

But for very long track (over 20km? even 10 km?) required a big team I think...

And another problem is finding information.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
  19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I remember Pescara. I grew to know Italy as THE heaven for motorists. I have friend who goes to Mille Miglia with his Giullietta Spider :)

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Feels is doing Targa & 5 smaller tracks at the same time wow!