Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

2. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

Actually i dont think so. As i said, i didnt touch the physics, and the whole car is above zero height (all rf2 cars are at z=0, for correct shadow reflections and for proper bumps and rebounds).

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... it would appear not according to Petra`s post above...

Ahh ok, thanks for the reply Petra... :)

It`s a pity as it`s something that always took that little bit (graphically anyway) away from the mod for me...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Oops I need to learn how to read and yeah I do remember what you are talking about yeah as Petra says it hadn't been fixed but I don't even notice it while driving.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Is there any reason why this thread doesn't get updated when a new version of this mod comes out? Is this not the "official" thread for this mod? I just realized I couldn't get into a server because I only had v1.3 of this mod and had absolutely no idea it got updated to v1.4 (and who knows what the most recent version is). I checked the OP of this thread but it doesn't mention anything regarding versions, updates, dates, etc...In fact, it only states that there is a link for version 1.0 :eek:

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

It is the official thread but it doesnt get much attention from creators.

Btw is there a template for the Lola?

7. pixsim

pixsim Registered

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you sir :)

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all,

Is the 1.4 really that big an improvement? I've had little time to test around recently.

regards

10. Minibull

Minibull Member

What's the changelog look like? Major fixes?

Looking forwards to getting this dl'ed later :D

11. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

graphic overhaul, LOD changes and fixes, mirror fixes...

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sweet :)

If it wasn't for the "Vintage" rF2 MP event, I would have never even known I was using an old and outdated version of the mod. I'd like to know which website you post info on this mod of yours so that I can make sure to stay up to date with the most up to date version. The OP still doesn't even list an update for v1.1-v1.3, let alone v1.4, most people will surely be downloading a very outdated version of this mod (V1.0) since the OP hasn't seen any updates since v1.0

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Spinelli, don't be so complicated. The OP was done by the original modder, and the 1.4 update was done by someone else. That someone else can not edit the first post, obviously, so one has to follow the topics here to find such updates.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oh, I didn't know that either. I thought the guy who did the mod just sort of forgot about this thread/site and was more active on another one or something. In that case, thanks even more for continuing with the great work, your work is extremely appreciated and loved by many. I believe I've only tried 1.3 (besides 1.0), and it's great, can't wait to try 1.4!

I hope rFactorcentral's rF2 section starts getting active like it is for rF1, or at least ISI mods section (not the forum but the actual mod section) starts getting used, either of them could work brilliantly but for some reason with rF2 - unlike sims before it (rF1, GTR2, GT Legends, Race 07, etc) - we're stuck having to follow and search our way through countless piles of forum threads and pages. I wonder why?

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Moders should use this section more imho
    http://isiforums.net/f/downloads.php

16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

To be honest there is so little going on that checking this forum once a week (and the track forum) provides all the updates necessary.

Another example would be the merging of Nordschleife Tourist and Nürburgring GP - which initially was discussed in the Tourist track topic only.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

Modders haven't been submitting. Don't know why, yet ISI's rF2 third party mods section has had NO action in the past year and that is a shame.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

It is a shame but is also not surprising because it is an extra step and there are already enough "extra steps" in modding already. Thus, any effective tool is going to require care and feeding for example reaching out to modders and asking them to post their mods (rFactor Central has done this in the past) or even ask permission to post their mods for them. If done correctly this may be something that community can help with.

19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, it's weird. It was such common practice with every sim before rF2. RFactorcentral and nogrip are great for all those other sims.