Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Axly

Axly Registered

I would absolutely love having a skin template for this absolutely brilliant car!
    The Lola feels a bit extra for me as a Swede considering JoBo's history, and being able to put our own team liveries on them would make this piece of candy even sweeter!

2. mike0907

mike0907 Registered

I just tried this mod online at spa, it's really fun.
    Good job! :)
    Hands on wheel maybe on a future update?

3. mike0907

mike0907 Registered

On question by the way, what are the difference between the two package on the first page?
    Do I have to install the two??

4. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi Mike0907

The first six circuits required
    The 2nd no

5. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Like Axly, I really wanted to skin this car, and lamented the lack of a template for it... so I made my own.

This is about the third skin or so I've made so far, but the first one starting from "scratch" and making the template also.

The skin isn't quite done yet, but I thought you all might like to see it-- it might be the first non-standard skin for the already-beloved Lola!

View attachment 6549

6. lbird

lbird Registered

Coming along great, Isarmann :)

But what i really would like to see is an update of the Lola with all the missing things of this already great car ironed out:
    - lesser grip
    - animated driver arms
    - corrected backfire

I hope the pixsim team will release an update, the car absolutely deserves it. It is by far the best non-isi addon car and competes with the Brabham for the "best classic car released yet" title for rfactor2. And in my opinion even now in the current state the Lola wins...

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Why?

8. Axly

Axly Registered

Well, I made a team-skin that same afternoon I posted ;)
    I really like yours, mine/ours is strictly team colours without sponsors.
    View attachment 6550

9. Hazi

Hazi Registered

don`t know
    +1
    or

I need the grip, so keep it :)

10. Tony

Tony Registered

Lol, so do I ..never got the hang of braking in them yet.. finding I'm spearing off across the grass :p

11. lbird

lbird Registered

If you think about a car without any traction control, around 350 - 450 HP with the torque of a V8 and very lightweight (around 700 kg kerb weight), then the traction and grip of the Lola in its current state even with cold tires is not from this earth, way too much. I am driving vintage cars with a lot of horsepower and torque regularly, when i would drive like it is possible with the Lola i would kiss the next tree in no time.
    Especially when accelerating you need a very sensitive foot to keep these beasts on the road. This should somehow beeing reflected in a sim, right now i can just floor it with cold tires and nothing special happens... Just compare the traction of the Lola right now with any high powered car of HistorX 1.95 in rF1. These guys captured the spirit of a high powered vintage car pretty good....

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Which cars?
    This sounds very interesting, please elaborate.

13. lbird

lbird Registered

Just "regular" vintage cars, not pure race cars. I have a Jaguar E with approx 300 HP and an MGB GT V8 with approx 190 HP. Both have to be treated very very gently with your right foot when accelerating hard. And these cars weigh far more than the weight of the Lola. Don't even think about driving carelessly in the wet, because than they are a real handful and hard to control when driven fast...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
  14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

But can you compare Etype and MGB with a Lola?
    I remember both had ancient suspensions while Lola was really a state of the art F1 clothed differently.

15. lbird

lbird Registered

Suspensionswise you are right, although especially the e-type has a very good suspension for the time. I am mainly talking about pure application of torque and power without any electronic helpers. I am driving much slimmer profiles tyres than the Lola too...
    But you are right about a direct comparision: A racecar has much better handling, suspension and tyres, but still the Lola has too much grip in my personal opinion...

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I suppose you are talking about contact patch and difference there is more than huge, btw which is 300 hp Etype? Sounds gorgious :D

17. lbird

lbird Registered

Yes, meant the contact patch. My Jag drives on 205er tyres, which is not really comparable to a fat racing slick :rolleyes:
    And the Jag is a lot of fun to drive, but needs all your attention because it is really quick and has a snappy back. But the sound is intoxicating, running on triple webers with a custom made very open exhaust...
    But we are digressing - i would like less grip on the Lola ;)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol, I like it just as is ;)

19. Jello

Jello Registered

I just grabbed this mod & it is simply awesome fun :). Great mod, thnx :)

20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Me too, just what I need, no more, no less...Perhaps they can create a Regional and National Flavours for people who like it icy? (joking ;) )

Lola is a really fun and chalenging car IMO, I like it!