Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Niko

Niko Registered

Ok, so next time on an online race Keikei!.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

After the New Year celebrations have calmed down I may just do that Hedlund...

Going to find more time for online racing this year so I`ll maybe see you on track. :)

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I love this car but I have a low fps especially in race and a very low fps at the start of the race!I can't,even,drive in the first 2 laps!it gives me a headache.Hope you can fiix this!

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

So I made some improvements to the Piortekpeer's setup for Mid Ohio (with chicane). If someone wants to give it a try then download and drop to folder \rFactor2\UserData\player\Settings\Vlm_Midohio\

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. geg

geg Registered

Hey Keikei I was just with you online at midohio. You are flying man... did you install rockets on that Lola ;)

I will try your setup maybe I can close the gap a bit ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

thnx KK, much appreciate it :)

7. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Same result for me wajdi, i do believe he stated that it still needs to be optimized .. its hard to go from 70 fps to 17 fps slide show in the race's ! lol great mod tho ...

8. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Not a flying man but a Flyin Finn perhaps? :) Sure feels like rockets onboard when driving that Lola! I just love the engine's broad torque area and how smoothly power is transferred into road through those fat and grippy rear tires. :)

Just trying to be on limit all the time (maintaining right slip angle for tires) and finding optimal driving line - I guess those are the main elements of being fast. Simracing has also some other important areas like minimizing so called input lag and get the "pants feeling" by increasing tire volume so you're able to get some important feedback from the car. Then just do lap after lap after lap after lap... :) And maybe watch this driving tutorial every now and then:

EDIT: About driving techniques. I use H-shifter with Lola, clutch only when changing gears up. On downshifts I wait for revs to come fairly down and give proper blip with throttle to match engine revs with gearbox and then put gear in - without using clutch that is. I also brake with left foot only and do trail braking. I don't use gears in between. For example when braking from 5th to 2nd gear I don't use 4th and 3rd. I think steering should be pretty quick and personally favor steering ratios between 9:1 to 10:1. So with Lola @ Mid Ohio I use full steering lock 28 degrees and change steering wheel range to 510 degrees which gives steering ratio 510 / (28 * 2) = 9.1:1. Also prefer not using any aids.

9. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't use the 2° gear with the Lola at Med-ohio.Always the the 3° gear,even the last corner!

10. geg

geg Registered

Thx KeiKei for the advices to improve my driving technique. Watched the driving tutorial video it is a very good tutorial.

I have a lot to do to improve my technique :(

training training training :D

11. Minibull

Minibull Member

That's bloody brilliant man. It may just be personal feel though, but I increased the camber front and rear and slow bump on the front and that improved my times a load from what they were. 1:20.578 is my quickest, but it felt so much easier with those tweaks to go fast. I put a lot more forward bias on the brakes too.

12. Niko

Niko Registered

Thanks Keikei!
    the only problem with you is the lag when we are behind you (just on first lap for my case after you're too speed)!! lol

13. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I didn't use Motec when made quick changes to Piortekpeer's setup so probably there's still room for improvements. One important goal for me too is to make car not only faster but also easier to drive. Downside is that with some low-power vehicles it makes driving boring and think servers with fixed setups are great for those cases. For the brake bias I think you may have used more engine braking to slow rear wheels down and hence had to compensate by moving brake bias towards front.

Yeah I know sometimes my Internet connection sucks big time. :( It really bothers me too so have no other options but be on pole and quickly get away after race start. ;)

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, I reckon theres a wee bit more to come. I only got 6 odd laps in with the slight tweaks, but I could already feel the difference.
    And when I say a massive amount, I mean 59 front bias vs 56 that urs has...XD
    I have yet to fine tune my throttle under braking down the back straight, so yeah.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks mate! I will try it out tonight :) I've been really struggling with the Lola, hopefully I'll find a good feeling ;)

Cheers

16. pixsim

pixsim Registered

LOLA V1.0 Packages

Hi all

Happy new year !

So, sorry for the install problem. we want really help you to go directly online.
    I was sure than everybody have the 6 tracks.
    So find enclosed a link for the same version 1.0 wtih 3 packages ( car, sound and talents (not finished yet) ) I hope with it will be more easy for you to install.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1oilxd0brs05n42

Mauro, please , if you can put the link in the first post , thanks in advance

1 person likes this.
  17. Gridgirl

Gridgirl Registered

Many thanks for this!

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Btw PIXSIM,

any chance of going for the full 1972 Sportscars Season?

We already have 3 great tracks for that, Spa, Monza and Sebring, Im sure more will come along (historic Sebring perhaps too?).

It will be a dream to see some of the 1972 season beauties come in rfactor 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and many others.

19. tjc

tjc Registered

20. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I. Want. That. Alfa Romeo.