Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Mauro, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

"Ah yes the old 3 screen 9000000 degree FOV !

You would think that someone that goes to the effort of setting up three screens would also do research into setting up the FOV to get the best realism."

+1, that was the first thing that came to me when I saw the video at VirtualR. The car looks fantastic though, can't wait.

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

The sounds I hear in the video's, are much different than mine; I hear the engine, but not to good; lot's of rumble and stuff while I hear in the video's the engine screaming more.

Is it something wrong with my system of installation or is it a setting or....whatever?
    Can someone give me a pointer what to check and where to look?
    I already made the engine sound in sound settings high (got it already) and other sounds low.

The mod is awesome, but this is just a little thing that could be nicer....for me at least.
    Please help?

3. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

merry christmas!
    thank you

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Downloaded but lot of friends around my house at mo, don't think their going to leave

How's it compare to the skip Barber ??

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Different cars!:rolleyes:;)

6. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Thanks for the new car, I always wanted a yellow one. Nice change up from the Skippy's tricky drive. I think the T280 will prove to be very popular, its fast, can be setup for a forgiving ride, and gives a good feel.

7. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thank you. Best rear wheel drive car for rfactor2 so far. Very good feeling of mass and traction. Not so good feeling when braking, but thats may be me or rF2 engine not calculating everything yet.

8. lbird

lbird Registered

Just a big and quick thank you to all the pixsim people. Fantastic car, really tame handling. I expected it to be a lot more "snappy", especially when accelerating hard. When you compare the power of the DFV V8 and the weight to a corvette or a cobra, this baby is really easy to drive hard, at least from trying it a couple of minutes at brianza.
    I am really looking forward to the development of this car, although it is already a ton of fun.
    Grinning at Santa today - nice present!

9. Will91EST

Will91EST Registered

Exxxxxellent addition ... I really enjoy driving this car.
    My only issue so far is having some setup difficulties with extremely long and fast corners as Burneville is. The car won't forgive you any ground after smallest of wobbles, the best solution so far has been "keeping the right foot down" as the grip is starting to kick in.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

10/10 all round :) Car is amazing in every way. Big, big thank you and Merry Christmas! :)

11. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Very fun to drive! Great mod! Thanks to Pixsim team.

12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thanks alot Pixsim. Awesome car and a great challange. Car feels very good on the edge but the short wheelbase lets iself b known in long fast corners. One thing i noticed, and maybe its just me, the cockpit view doesn't seem to b centered. Other then that and the backfire issue mentioned earlier no problems so far. Again thanks for the xmas present, I'm off to to play around some more at Sebring.

13. rer8

rer8 Registered

14. TJones

TJones Registered

Wow !!
    This mod is really impressive, so much fun to drive.
    Great sound, easy handling and lot of grip (maybe a little bit to much grip, and bit to easy handling but who knows for sure?). :)
    Also nice to see the gauges are working.
    Very good job guys !

15. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

It comes up "unable to install" even though I have all six required tracks installed

16. pixsim

pixsim Registered

Hey, We are happy that you love It and all works fine ( only backfire issues during cam change )

To compare with the real one ;- )

17. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Pixsim, Mauro, i think an edit of the opening post, with the ReadMe and the links for the mod might be appreciated and useful.

If you agree, let me know if you prefer i edit the OP or if you want to do that by yourself. :)

On the topic, the car imo is very promising ... it misses optimization and some tuning in the physics, but it is a great Christmas present, thanks you!

[EDIT] also a slight modification in the title of the topic might be useful, for instance

Released - Lola T280 by PIXSIM [WIP]

18. pixsim

pixsim Registered

No problem, max, i you want to do it with a historical presentation. It will be perfect and better than mine with my poor english

19. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Ok, now i have to go offline, but tomorrow morning i will edit the OP. :)

20. TJones

TJones Registered

Please check version number.
    I had to update mid-ohio to 1.91.