Mirror how we could see behind?????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by clock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. clock

clock Registered

As the name say it all, the mirrors have to be adjusted i hope that in new build releases that will be made, because now i'm unable to see something well from the mirrors...

Here two pics for show the problem one with multiview and the other on normal same problem...

http://subefotos.com/ver/?de1b2f9e142ab66bc4d4dcdafac14dcco.jpg

second image with multiview

http://subefotos.com/ver/?53b6a527eaa6bb65aea4e290b7a718cdo.jpg

after adjusted fov if you try to move the mirror it gone out of their frame structure and looks awfull, and i were still no able to point the mirrors to show well behind...

Edit: i did not put the second image first time.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your seating position looks too far back, which makes the frame in the way.

3. clock

clock Registered

position and fov is the real one for my 3 displays and 21" each one.. the wheel is so near in size as the real one that i have here, and the views are good..You have to think that this view is with eyefinity and 3 Screens not only 1..

The only problem is with the mirrors, the center on have to be little more down (and i i try to do it with ctrl + seat position movement it goes out of the frame with bad looking...
    and each side mirrors are pointing outside of the track, I think that it could be arrange if the 3 mirrors look at a point that is 50 meters behind the cars, and that problem will be sorted, i tried to move the lateral mirros with the same tactic as the center one, but could not point them in the correct path...

As you can see in the second pic with multiview, the virtual mirrors are pointing to wrong path to, and we are unable to point them correct

That problem we are having few people playing with 3 screens and eyefinity (AMD cards) or sorround (nvidia cards) not just only me, and it goes on cars with two mirrors too (classic cars), it are pointing to wrong path...

The mirrors are so important because avoid so many crashes and help to see where are attacking the opponent trying to pass...It help so much to make clean races

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Well clearly the seating position isn't right, because if it were you would be able to see the mirrors. If you got into the real car and put your head where the camera is located now you wouldn't see the mirrors any better.

Bring the seat closer so that you can see the mirrors properly, and since the steering wheel now looks larger increase the FOV to make it fit.

5. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The problem isn't the seat position, but the seat pitch. By default the seat pitch is set to look a little down. Try and edit the plr file to change the line that has seat pitch to something like 1.00000 or more and see what happens.

6. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I do wish mirrors would adjust themselves to a logical average when you set your driving position. This is not something you should have to have to dive into .ini files to sort out.

7. dandar

dandar Registered

What would mean a logical average for you will not be the same for other players, since triple screen setups and all that stuff have it's influence. In reality if you move your seat your mirrors will not move magically.

8. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I disagree, and I use triples too. A logical average means logical for seeing behind you the software should be able to work that out and set the mirrors to show the blind spot with some adjustment for personal preference.. This is not reality and in reality I could reach out my hand and adjust my mirrors in a second, so lets not play the "in reality" game.

What I am saying is for example your start at a default position, with mirrors set as you like, then as you adjust the driving view the mirrors automatically adjust to keep that view.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The big problem for me is that incar mirrors dont show cars body, so theres no reference point to help you adjust.
    Also there isnt any up-down setting as in real cars afaik.

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes my friend, the mirrors can go up and down :)

Hold down SHIFT and use the up/down seat keys.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

The mirrors can be adjusted up and down with the seat adjust buttons + shift key nikos but I know what you mean about the mirrors not showing the car body...

It would be far better if they did but hopefully this is something that`ll come along. :)

***Edit***

Ninja`d by budd lol...

12. DavidG

DavidG Registered

As well as the up/down/left/right adjustments we currently have, I would like to be able to adjust the mirrors ‘in’ and ‘out’. This way we should always be able to move the mirror viewpoint to a position where we can actually view the part of the track that we need to be able to see.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

OH *blush*

14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Cmon Tim - adjustable mirrors means it doesn't matter where you sit....sorry - I just want my F3 mirrors to not be black.......

15. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Hold down Shift AND Ctrl keys + seat buttons for mirror FOV.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Just print this out or write it down, I did because I could never remember the correct key combinations lol.
    Code:
    **** MIRROR CONTROLS ****

Rearview Width="64.00000"         // use Shift+Ctrl+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Rearview Height="14.00000"

Seat Adjustment Aft="0.0"         // use Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Seat Adjustment Up="0.00000"

Mirror Adjustment Horiz="0.00000" // use Shift+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Mirror Adjustment Vert="0.00000"

Mirror Physical X="0.00000"       // use Shift+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Mirror Physical Y="0.00000"       // note: these physical mirror position adjustments are for the in-cockpit center mirror only
    Mirror Physical Z="0.00000"

Left Mirror Horiz="0.00000"       // use Ctrl+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Left Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Left Mirror Size="1.00000"

Center Mirror Horiz="0.00000"     // use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Center Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Center Mirror Size="1.00000"

Right Mirror Horiz="0.00000"      // use Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle
    Right Mirror Vert="0.00000"
    Right Mirror Size="1.00000"

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I know all this can be turned on/adjusted in the plr in the original rfactor, I am pretty sure you can do this in RF2 aswell, including adjusting the fov for the mirrors, angle, etc.... correct me if i am wrong somebody

oops, just saw your post MJP lol

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

what does this do? (please forgive ignorrance)

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have a triple screen setup with a low FOV(24-27) because I think that a low FOV gives a more realistic view!
    Said this I agree with the OP',also having a low FOV like mine doesn't allow me to see anything in the mirrors .It's like they are to much oriented sideways !

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Translation:

use Shift+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust all mirror reflections

Left Mirror use Ctrl+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust left mirror reflection

Center Mirror use Ctrl+Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust center mirror reflection

Right Mirror use Alt+Seat view adjustment controls to adjust right mirror reflection

:)