moan moan moan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

so ignoring the fact its all about the playing/modding of the game you're basing your thoughts on what its called?! If people are arguing over whether it should be an Alpha or a Beta then they need to get out more.....simple! It does't matter one tiny particle of an atoms arse what "stage" RF2 is at....its at what stage that ISI deem it to be and if they call it Beta so bloody what?! its a word for crying out loud not a state of societys clothing trend.....GET OVER IT!
    Enjoy RF2 for what it is, if you cant because one word is bringing you down then by all means piss off and play something else....it really is'nt that hard (FIFA13 out this week for example, I know what I'll be playing!!).

...and for the record not everyone is concerned about graphics, ISI have already said work will continue on that area (amongst MANY others) during the lifespan of the game....'nuff said!

2. modmate

modmate Registered

What i expected to come...:rolleyes:

First of all its clear to see that you was never involed in a software company project, and second CALM DOWN and rethink your words!
    If i make a normal statement i think you could answer aswell "normal" dont you?
    And for example if you buy a car maybe in italy and the constrocteur tell you they work on it and make good progress so you get your car in maybe 6 month?-- Then, no matter whatever youre trying to get a clarifiying on this via mail or anything ,after those bespoken 6 month, your mood is like what???
    Alright...
    And i dont say the graphics are bad NOW, i just do the math and came up with a release on rf2 in end 2013 ,,,THEN it will look pretty lame, but STILL is the most common SIM out there cause of the physics. Thats what i have said.

Modmate

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes I have actually, I was even involved in a game that never saw the light of day!
    Your statement isn't normal at all, you're arguing over the state of the game which again is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things...it really doesn't matter what it's called but you've taken great exception to it...just play the game !

As for comparing to a real car that's just bonkers, this game cost a few quid....a car costs thousands so you expect more for your money....pointless comparison!

It will look lame in your opinion in 2013, fair enough, but as I said not everyone worries about graphics and who knows what ISI might do or not do in the next 17 months with regards to graphics :)

4. modmate

modmate Registered

Graphicwise they cannot change the whole engine and they wont but like you said not everyone worries but many does.

And it DOES matter what a project stage is called otherwise it would make no sense to give it a name. And i know tons of guys wich trust the words of DEVS and take it for real, you`re not such a guy and a Stage name doesnt matter to you and thats fine for you. You can start a poll on that and see who cares about and who not. You`ll be pretty surprised.

And well , you dont get that with the car, lets skip that.

5. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Sometimes moaning is a way of saying this sim is the best but this little bug is annoying, please fix it!

So it may all appear negative, but whats underlying is positive because if those moaners realy disliked the sim they would not be playing it or posting on the forum... at all.

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Honestly, the Alpha/Beta argument has been hashed out before hand and really doesn't need to be here as well, though the topic might say I am wrong on that, heheh. I guess we can call this the official unofficial moaning thread?

To be honest, we don't know what the current game engine is capable of because we haven't seen a final product yet. ISI has stated that they have chosen to work on other things prior to working on graphics as the graphics was not top priority to them. If it came down to dumbing down the physics in order to have better graphics, I would choose physics every time. If both can exist together then I await the time when ISI decides that they want to work on graphics next. Graphics is not a game breaker in my opinion, but physics is.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

yes, it has been stated already multie times. some does care others don't.

But modmate explained where the moaning is comming from.
    If you don't agree, use valid arguments

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Like I did you mean? HAH...in yo face!

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Yeah, those unmet expectations, which are one thing leading to disappointment, actually very small thing that probably would have been chosen differently to better describe what current stage is about so there would been less missed expectations on that area.

However for me it is no problem to see how ISI's beta is really a alpha, it could be even theta for that matter as after reading what it is from their explanations before buying I did understood what kind it will be, but that just shows how differently people think, for others car's body trim is important, for other general shape, then there is one that does not care either and thinks driving position is the thing etc. That makes communications quite delegate matter when releasing products and perhaps there greater care could help them.

But they will not change name to alpha, I'm quite sure about that, so excepting that will probably lead to another disappointment.

10. coops

coops Banned

lets just take away beta alpha and call it a WIP

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I prefer to call it omega

[​IMG]

unpolished yet though, but itll come, itll come...

he he funoldie here LOLOL

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

That is how I have been thinking whole the time.

Next dissapointment in order will however for many be gold version, as it still is WIP as rF2 is planned to be evolving during it's lifespan constantly, so that will not really be gold.

My suggestion for marketing rf2 would be to call it rF2 process, instead of gold or other traditional terms that don't quite meet how rF2 is and how people will see it when those traditional terms are used.

It would better bring forward point how product is planned to separate from traditional ones and might reach better crowds understanding. It is bit silly, but it is truth that if you call product with some name typically associated to something else, there are no enough words in whole world to change that association.
    There are lot of stories from car naming and how it have had influence to car sales, really silly when you consider it does not change a car a bit how it is called, but it is how it is.

http://uk.askmen.com/top_10/cars_200/210_car_list.html

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I think that missed "deadline" is part of why we hear so little of what they are doing and when we may see updates or when the various WIP's may make their way into the game, a shame really. It would help silence some of the classic moans if we knew what was being worked on and a general idea of when we may see an upcoming update and what we might expect from it. But it is not to be. so the moans will continue. Sure, some seem to actively enjoy the process so why deny them their fun :)

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

ISI have steadily insisted that when its ready, it will be ready.
    They also repeatedly stated that any willing participants can enjoy the building process if they are willing to do so, by prebuying the game.
    Moaning seems justified if people do not believe that results will be up to par.
    But, anybody can believe what they want, but fact is, sims of this quality, take a lot of time to mature, correct me if Im wrong.

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I don't have anything to moan about because I just did a race on Lientz gp long in rf1 with 1937 f1! Epic! You must try it! Better know how to keep a car balanced though and be able to roll on the throttle gently. Those incapable of driving rf2 60s f1 definitely don't want any of this but for others willing to learn how to drive immense rewards await!

Edit. Forgot to mention I'm cranking 250 fps maxed out and it's amazing how nice Lientz and Toban and other tracks look maxed out in rf1. I really had no complaints about rf1 graphics. Too bad rf2 is so intensive as graphics turned down will look worse than rf1 maxed out?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
  16. Knight of Redemption

Time in this case of course is a function of manpower, and ISI are a small team in the scheme of things. That has the greatest bearing on the time it's taking is my guess. Saying it is ready when it is ready is really the same as saying nothing at all, could mean it's ready tomorrow, could mean it's never ready and all points in between. Makes it difficult to focus on constructive criticism...But we must be close to another update...or is that wishful thinking?

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Build 107 30th August, usually they come about 4-6 weeks apart roughly, so yeah could be close in that respect but you never know!

18. Panigale

Panigale Banned

The FormulaTwo is the bee's knees so it can only be up from this point on. Personally, it would have helped to understand that rF2 is more of an evolving tech preview than a typical beta but hindsight is 20/20.

Would it be moaning to want to see some ISI created tracks for the F2 season? Would be fun to compare times and video to the real thing.

19. Knight of Redemption

Hmm, while new tracks would be nice I would rather see the core program closer to finished first. But as it is different teams working on different aspects of the game you can flip a coin as to which will come first. I'd like some more cars, not being an open wheel nut...though a certain person is tempting me to join him in an open wheeler club LOL. But some BTCC cars, that would really rock my boat. Let be fair we all want everything, and we want it NOW hehe.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.