What do you think of the new addition Formula 2 car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Sep 14, 2012.

?

What do you think of the new addition Formula 2 car?

1. Are you totally happy with the F2 car and feel it has no issues?

58 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. Are you happy with the F2 car but feel it needs to be updated for better physics, FBB etc?

81 vote(s)
    50.9%
  3. Are you a little disappointed with the F2 car but have hope that they will make it feel better?

16 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Are you totally disappointed with the F2 car and you are impatient to wait for final product??

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Lets see what people think about the F2 because we have seen many opinions..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  2. perplex

perplex Registered

if a real driver (luciano bacheta) feels fine with it, there is no reason to complain. Update ur wheels or tweak the ffb and u guys will feel the rear end and the weight of the car . gosh

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

In my case, I am very happy with it :)

4. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I am relatively happy with the car, but i hate it for emptying the Clio Servers ;) I hope in a few days people will start racing the Clio again.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I know tell me! I am missing the Clios too but I am sure they'll be back at some point :)

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Im happy but when the front wheels slip the FFB is too muted IMO.

7. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Dissapointed beacause of FFB, there is none to very very little FFB in corners. I can't feel the car, I don't know what it's doing, I see no point in driving it. On bumps and curbs on the other hand the FFB is very strong and tries to break my hands.

It may turn out to be very good if the FFB is right.

8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I have never driven a real f2 car but i can say historic cars are infinitely more convincing to me...

9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

LOL +1

ISI STOP making awesome cars, please! j/k

10. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

what frustrates me about the F2 is the massive understeer in slow corners...i can't dial it out with any setup...no matter what i do, the AI pulls away from me in the slow, long corners (like the 180 degree turns in Palm Beach). they can take those corner with much more speed, while i just understeer to the outside of the corner

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Where is F1Chump? :rolleyes:

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Carefull of what you wish for...

13. perplex

perplex Registered

reduce tyre pressure, add more wing to front, shift down in corners and apply throttle and you will gain corner speed without much understeer ... maybe less (soften) anti roll bar too at the rear.

ffb torque filter 16, ingame ffb multiplier 2.5, logitech profiler ffb strength 106% and the best wheel of the world g25. my arms are shaking even in low corners.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Hmm. I tried 1.4. 2.5 seems to be too much, or rather - over-saturated. For sure it will expand very low forces, but for price of clipping maximum ones. That's because it is not good way.

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

:rolleyes:

On a side note...could it be that some are dissatisfied with the F2 because they need first to learn how to drive an F2?

I was shocked when I tried it as I was losing the car left right and center..but then got a good set, did lots of practice, learned how the car behaves in different situations (cold tires, rubber on track, worn tires etc) and now I can say that I can have some fun racing with it.

I'm sure its not perfect and maybe needs updates, but understanding the car helps.

1 person likes this.
  16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

In Russian it sounds "люди хавают" people eat. :)

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

...hmm, Dmitrys translator is off again...

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm personally very happy with it, already ISI have said more things to come from it (See Michaels post in the original thread) so it will only get better and yes it needs a few tweaks so voted in the 2nd option.

Also if a REAL F2 team and driver have helped then thats all I need to know, means the "Usual Suspects & Know It Alls" (you know who you are) can blab on all year about what they want but from what I see in the original thread the majority are in favour and happy....and this Poll is proving that. (at time of writing!)

1 person likes this.
  19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

No understeer, power oversteer and tires gone after 5 laps :D

Car is fine, ffb is fine with my G25 which must be broken as I'm not experience issues others are saying there to be.

But there is bug in turbo code (at least one, not sure if there is another without seeing more information) and I'm not too sure about tire heat effect to grip either, however it is WIP and being worked on, so what there is now I think is really good and in future it probably is going to be much better.

Not every car in reality has great ffb so why sim should be different? With such low caster it is no wonder there is little feedback at corners, but there still is feedback, if one does not squeeze the wheel that is.

20. Dany Mitchel

Dany Mitchel Registered

Great Mod and with the very easy Modding System in rFactor2 We at http://sr4l.com Already have our own Formula 2 All Tracks.
    Fuji GP Rocks the Arse out of it We will be testing the Poo Out of it over the next few Days
    Kudos Tim & Team