wheel weight g25

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ruudjuh, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The curb lines in the ini file are for canned effects, and I don't think at the current time that ISI is using canned effects for curbs. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

You are correct. The curbs and rumblestrips are modeled geometry; physically part of the track. No canned effects.

3. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

I tried the settings posted in the FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released thread (page 25 by Guilherme Faustini, thanks bye the way!) And with the lowest camer setting the F2 allows there is a feeling of the front tires losing grip, but then again the wheel weight (resistance) is still too low to start with.

4. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

This is a little off the beaten path but I did do Max's setting changes on my G25 and it was better wheel weight feel but I had to reduce the tension in the Logitech profiler down to 50%. At 150%, I would need a gorilla to help me drive the thing as I would not be able to turn the wheel!

But here is a G25 question: I like to use the sequential shifter for the Corvette mod just introduced but it is so sensitive that it skips gears randomly unless I just baby the shifter and even then, I get occasional gear skips. Is there any way to get the sequential shifting so it is more predictable? Sequential shifting works great in my other games.

Thanks,

Val

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Open the player and, in the [ DRIVING AIDS ] section, search for the line

Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed

Set the value to "1", to "2" or to the other values other than 0, finding what the best in order to fix the skipping gears issue.

6. vhoggard

vhoggard Registered

Thank you so much Max! You pointed me in the right direction. I ended up settling for a 4 setting. No more skipped gears! I have been running rf for years and never ran into this problem before but now I know. :)

Thanks again,
    Val

7. Vinceton

Vinceton Registered

You can try increase this value to ramp up the mid forces:
    Steering torque sensitivity

I did the exact opposite to loosen my old fanatec wheel because it was just too heavy.

I prefer a loose wheel that I can use with just 1 finger. Maybe we should have swapped wheels, heh.
    This is one of the problems of racing wheels. Video cards have benchmarks and frame latency tests. Wheels are a leap of faith to buy.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Put some centering force at your settings, I use 20% and all is fine.

Thanks Max, I thought that my sec shifter was just getting old.

9. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Thanks for your concern but this thread was started a while ago, and with the latest build 146 the FFB and wheel weight are excellent, except the fomula 2 still feels a bit light. But since I never drove formula 2 in real life I can't judge :p

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

In Formula 2 I definately use centering force, 10% more than the others, that way my steerind has weight.

11. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, usually the issue raises in old, dirty wheels. :)

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ohh..

13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have the same feeling like the thread opener and it doesn't depents of what wheel i am driving G27 oder Clubsport Wheel
    In the good old Rfactor was i line in the controller.ini "steer force grip weight" which describes the feeling of loosing grip. With lower values , you don't loose many friction resistance by an understeering car and with the max value of 1 it feels like rf2 and i little bit of understeer is enough, that it feels like the car is up in the air without any contact to the ground, because you can turn the wheel by one finger. All in all i can't find an equal meaning value in the rfactor2. ini
    i don't like it truely, and the center spring is only an artificial effekt

14. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Thanks God, it is not only me who thinks something is weird with formula 2. I have a g25 too and never felt any grip with that car, Clio and megane are cool though. I thought it was Like there is no contact with the asphalt and no feeling of weight. But I thought the problem is with me, not with the mod.

Even so this mod must have been tested with a g25, it is more or less a Popular wheel, and the problem can be with us..

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Settings >*Controls >*Car-specific FFB multi

1.0 to 1.5

16. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

/You are a genius why didn't I think of this before!!! /Sarcasmmode off

When setting the car specific FFB multi at 1.5 the wheel wheight becomes heavier, but understeer is still not detectable and oversteer is way to violent and uncontrolable! the point is that steering should become heavier when turning into a corner, this because you are going to ask the most grip of the tires hence more friction thus more resistance in the steering wheel. All this up to the point that you overdo it and the tire starts sliding instead of gripping more know as understeer (front tires sliding) when this happens the tires don't have any grip and turning them would become frictionless so less wheel resistance. This is a effect rfactor2 is lacking at the moment, and that is what this thread is about.

No hard feelings towards ISI but this is (and stating that I'm not a real world racing driver) a personal observation of the sim at this moment.

17. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I used to feel the same, and it is a difficult balance to get between FFB FX and road resistance, but with enough patience, we'll find a way to make it work. :p
    With the right setup and FFB, it's not so bad now. Have you tried the new IFS3?

18. Ruudjuh

Ruudjuh Registered

Yes tried it and it has a weird/to much understeer issue, the settup I use is to make the car as oversteering as possible and than it's somewhat drivable but default setup is no fun, but then again this mod is still in beta. Also tried their 787b love the sound of it but cannot really drive the car also underteer but this car feels like it has speed sensitive steering turend on, at high speed I need to put in to much steering angle to turn. And the front tires don't seem to heat up, maybe this is a ussue that comes with a ground effects car I don't no but feels strange. And yes this is also a beta and I'm not really complaining just noticing a few things:p

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The 787 is a long way away, but the ISF3 has all the settings available already, so I'll be working on a setup. But I know what you mean, there's a lot of fiddling involved.

20. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I disagree. The force on the steering is to do with how the contact patch and various angles within the suspension and steering interact. Imagine a shopping trolley wheel facing the wrong way as an extreme example. It will roll straight until the slightest turning force is applied, at which point it flips around. This is a result mainly of castor angle. The F2 has very low castor and once you push it too far a similar effect can be felt. You would need to investigate Castor, Camber, Toe interactions and learn about such things as camber thrust, pneumatic trail etc to get the full picture. IMO ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013