1960's tracks - Padock Release man waves me on even when unsafe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JPS, Sep 13, 2012.

1. JPS

JPS Registered

On the 1960's tracks where you exit the paddock onto the track we have an animated man that will hold his hand up (telling you to stop) or wave you through depending on the status of the track.

He only seems to work correctly at the very beginning of a session while the track is still "closed" (meaning before the session officially starts and the session timer still shows "--:--:--" He correctly signals you to stop, and correctly signals you to go when the session officially starts.

Other than that he always waves you on, even when it's unsafe to enter (oncoming traffic, major accident in your way, etc.) Unsafe release seems to be his M.O. No point in paying attention to this man if you cannot rely on his direction.

Can/will this man's behavior be improved in a future release? On the modern tracks the pit exit lights seem to give correct indicators for re-entering the track; perhaps some of this code could be reused to improve the behavior of this man.

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol, yes, I had many bad moments with him, I really could here people swearing at me as I rushed out of pits :p

3. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Would be really cool to have something like this! (check out the flag man around 0:18)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think he's trying to kill me, I swear he winks as he says it's safe to leave!

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Yip, I`ve also had some dodgy calls from him too.

I think he`s got an evil streak in him lol.

:D

6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

He definitely doesn't look happy to be there. ISI should give him a raise in pay. Might change his attitude :p

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

He is the modern equivalent of the red light, not the blue light. He is telling you the pit lane exit is open, not safe.

However, usage may change later.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

In order to make things a little safer, can we get a track map with car markers so we can see if anyone is coming before we move out on track?

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

He he, he is the modern equivalent of the ferryboat helping guy : Back, back, *BUMP*, ok :)

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Pretty much like any guy standing on a loading dock at a trucking warehouse, keeps telling you to back up till you rattle your teeth and cuss him out, just as you were saying :)

11. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Ahahahh, this helped me begin the day with a smile ;)

12. dandar

dandar Registered

I don't know how it's named in english, but there is a "car position tracker" located at the left-bottom of the screen. When you see an incomming circle near your position it's obvious that you must be carefull maneuvering-out of pits.
    Anyways for drivers like me, that are not used to have a hud on screen, could be a nice addition to have.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks dandar, I never really paid that much attention to that position bar on the bottom of the screen. I dislike it so much I have it off :) Guess I should turn it back on till we get a proper track map.

14. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

15. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

fazerbox rocks. I don't know what I would do without his plugins... it feels weird racing without them. :D

16. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

17. dandar

dandar Registered

Custom d3d9.dll libraries commonly used as a proxy to draw something on screen in cases where the game/application do not support custom drawing (on screen). So therefore other pluggins that may requiere the use of another custom d3d9.dll can cause a conflict if are not designed to work in chain.

18. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Then we need to hope that the mod community makes a data bank where they can all work on the same d3d9.dll heheh.