FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Hmmm... bump? ;)

A lot of people were waiting for that information.

2. Skynet

Skynet Registered

+1

I have tried to convince myself that its ok and just a matter of perception, but my gut feeling is something is not right with the ffb.

3. raekwon

raekwon Registered

i recently upgrade from logitech to fanatech wheel... i must admit... now the car feels wonderful!!!! from rubbish to one of my favorite simcar!!!

4. Miro

Miro Registered

I love this car. But there is something very very strange when driving in rain with this car, it's almost impossible.
    It behaves in rain like in slow speed croners but just with about 100X less grip.

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

That's because wet weather driving isn't done. Know issue for ISI. Rather low priority task right now I believe, but I could be wrong. It will get fixed when they will update the whole content, alongside with ffb.

6. Miro

Miro Registered

Could you be more specific please? I am interested in purchasing a CSW and own a G27 now.

7. osella

osella Registered

Because rf2 unfiltered FFB is much better with belt-driven wheels. G25/7 are gear driven and produce terrible effects in rf2 in some cases, like when on grass. It can be filtered in menu though, but everyone says fanatec wheels are vastly superior in rf2.

Oh I can't resist the useless rant again :eek: : all tasks seem to be low priority for ISI :(

8. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I just went from a DFPGT to a CSW and except for the CSW being a bit smoother and more precise this car feels exactly the same to me.

BTW this is my favorite car in the sim, so much fun to drive at the limit.

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Have you done much changing of settings on the wheel to get the best feel Cordell?

10. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Yes, took me a few days of adjustment to get it all sorted to the way I like it.

SEn 130
    FF 100
    SHo 100
    Abs 100
    LIn off
    dEA off
    drl off
    For 100
    SPr off
    dPr off

Don't get me wrong, it's a much smoother and more precise wheel, and very comfy with some nice features. But it's not life changing.

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

SEN=130? That's very low!

12. Niko

Niko Registered

Put also abs to off and use fanaled plugin. It's a good plugin.

13. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Yeh, that's what I'm use to. Almost go kart like, and my main racers are formula cars.

14. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

I'll try the ABS thing.

I've skipped over fanaleds as the new software for my sli-pro also controls the wheel.

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Bump :)

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No. They know about it, that's all I know at the moment. There was mention that tire camber could cause the effect though.

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Thanks.

It's just that if Luciano tested it and didn't notice something so obvious, then either it's supposed to be like this, or some bug appeared between Luciano's testing and release to public. Or maybe he tested it with hardware acting completely different than our "G25's and G27's".

Camber is low, but it's still negative. Yet something is pulling steering wheel towards inside in slow corners.

Having it neither fixed, nor confirmed to be proper behavior, doesn't look good. Kinda like lack of interest from your side, if what you released actually simulates real car's behavior. That's why I think it's important (especially for you guys), to get this straightened up.

18. JvM

JvM Registered

Having been away from rF2 for a good while, only tried this car y'day for the 1st time. Really cool to drive, apart from some weird feeling stuff, related to above I guess. :) Is it really a G-wheel issue, not happening on other wheels?`

I feel its not pulling to the inside that much, but more or less staying in the same position (limb), after the fronts start scrubbing and you go over that 'treshold'

Probably they are, but just in case :D , are the caster and/or mechanical trail values for this car correct for sure? Something seriously off in those could cause something like this maybe.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Well they use very very little caster, maybe that combined with the fact that most ppl play with way too little ffb means there is not enough steering resistance at those times, and that then causes the limp/pulling to the inside ffb issues?

I'm just guessing because I've noticed most people play with super light ffb values (youtube videos look like they could steer with 2 fingers, or as if the ffb motors are just entirely turned off), while Luciano didn't look to have these issues at all in the videos of him testing.

Also, don't forget that ISI said that there were somethings that they weren't happy with yet regarding the F2 physics. When I asked them if these physics improvements were still coming despite the real life F2 series shutting down, they said that they were still committed to making the in-game F2 as realistic as possible. So the car's physics still aren't officially completed.

20. Domi

Domi Registered

Light FFB would make that effect lighter, too. There is clearly something wrong with the caster/mechanical trail, that negative aligning torque clearly shows that most of the forces comes from the tire and very little from the suspension.