FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

Damn i love this car! And usually i prefer tintops, since im too old and slow for openwheelers! :p But there is smth special about this car, its more intuitive or how should I explain, more like nKpro cars, you feel how to react and adjust the car to keep it on road. Can it be its so realistic so it feels intuitive? :-D

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yes this was what Paul was telling me, while I was assuming he was telling me to get a better wheel!

3. sg333

sg333 Registered

I just upgraded to a Fanatec CSW wheel and for some reason, this car is worse on the clubsport wheel than on my G25. It makes the CSW rattle and shake worse than any car did to the G25. I have tried setting the car up every which way to eliminate the jolting, and messing with the ingame FFB settings, but to no avail. The GT cars are GREAT, but i seriously cannot understand how its so bad on a belt driven wheel.

Anyone else running this on a Clubsport Wheel have any tips? :confused:

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

In the .ini file, reduce the overall force feedback figure (from default of (-)10000 ) to a lower figure (in on 8500 ) seems to help a tad -frustrating to have to mess in the .ini I know

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'll try that, thanks.

I am just dumbfounded how one of (if not THE) best belt driven consumer wheel on the market wont even work right with some cars in RF2.

EDIT:

I went down as low as 5000, and the ingame setting to 0.50, and to the point i cant feel anything in the steering yet still have jolts all over the track. I am just trying to do a lap on the tarmac on Palm Beach without having jolts and no success. Forget touching the kerbs or the grass.

So, i cant drive this car with either wheel i own.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2012
  6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I use a frex

Rfactor 2 gives great ffb to it, but boy it does take some tweeking,

Re.f2 2012 car, I do hope they do some optimisations to the ffb on this car though, the formula star Mazda in iracing has a Simalar thing going on with lower forces at slow speeds & higher forces at higher speeds but I think it's not quite as exaggerated as this

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

With the above settings, there are some kerbs i can HIT and the FFB feels right, and then i try to go 50mph around a corner in the center of the tarmac and the wheel JOLT JOLT JOLT badly, so ive no idea whats going on with the FFB.

8. osella

osella Registered

Having stronger forces in higher speeds makes sense because of downforce, like at 50kmh this car can only pull 1.5g, at 250kmh 2.5g (maybe, very very approximate numbers from my head) so at 250kmh the max cornering FFB force should be basically 1.7x stronger.

However in F2 in rf2 this feels much more exagerrated than that, maybe like 4x stronger and not just 1.7x :confused:

Basically I must say I only like the ffb at high speeds, in low it feels really wrong, along with the jolts :( .

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I was wondering, can you change differential settings while driving with this car?
    Will you able to on other cars? For example F1 mods later on?

10. SouthPawRacer

SouthPawRacer Registered

As far as I know, it's impossible to change diff settings while driving full stop. The things you need to change on a differential can't be switched out unless you're in the garage and have many tools at your disposal... :p

11. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

What about the settings for midcorner and exit on formula 1 wheels :)

12. SouthPawRacer

SouthPawRacer Registered

Right, I actually didn't know that. :p

I stand corrected then...

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I am not sure, but I don't think they can change the gear ratios in F1 while driving, but are capable of changing the diff lock ratio which aids in traction control on exit and keeps the rears from locking under braking on entry, and after reading a bit on the net, it appears that the only thing that can be changed by means of the wheel or any other device while driving is the lock ratio.

14. osella

osella Registered

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

All the things you have to mess with on a lap by lap basis just to drive, heheh. Glad I am not an F1 pilot, :)

16. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Im sure those thousands of people slaving away for a few dollars a week in Chinese factories making iCrap, would think the same for these poor f1 pilots struggling with only a few million a week and working about 6hrs a fort-nite.

I know which Id rather be doing, and I'm sure id learn to deal with all those horrible buttons and dials if payed well enough. Heck id even do it for free or even pay good money for the privilege. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  17. osella

osella Registered

I hope this whole post is a joke.. don't tell me you're one of those people who think that all you need to get to F1 is being a mediocre driver and having rich parents.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think Senna offered to drive for free for Williams. Some of them do have their priorities right. :)

19. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Yes Maldonado is in F1 purely on driver skills ;)

20. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Actually he is a talented drive only unconsistent(Karikeyan, hopfully written right, would have been a better example), that's something you can fix with experience. But none of the current F1 drivers are completley unskilled even if they pay for their spot.