FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

mate.
    im getting really tired of your pathetic remarks.
    Constantly attacking me, constantly calling me a troll.

If i was a troll, why the hell would i be writing in depth reviews, frapsing my driving, writing in depth about what i believe about the physics and FFB?

it doesnt make any sense.

you're the one trolling, because apparently anyone who critiques the game is a troll.

Either you direct your insults elsewhere, or when quoting me, quote me In context, and reply to specific things I've said in my posts, or shut up.

quite frankly me, and clearly jameswesty, are the only people who have bothered to put videos up showing driving at full speed.
    i seem to be the only one whos put up a video of me driving in real life, with real world experience.

i am basing all my findings of both my experiences within the game and in real life, and i am basing all my opinions and comments on these.

at no point have i ever gone 'Oooh youre an idiot' or 'oooh change your attitude!'

grow up.

Even in my big review of the F2 car a few posts back, it was generally light hearted, and i even said 'lol' in it, and even finished with the fact that i enjoyed the online racing from yesterday.

Quite frankly, i can live with the physics to be honest (which are exactly the same as RF1)
    ISI just need to put in a 'Revert to Rfactor 1 FFB' option in the menu.

2. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Doesn't matter if it understeers or just go in corner normally, or oversterrs, I have the same lack of feeling/FFB.

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Hmm, I haven't really noticed that, but as caster is so low with these cars, steering arm force can go to near or even negative.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ears are good, much more sensitive than hands ;)

Some reading for you:
    http://www.turnfast.com/tech_driving/driving_steering

5. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I think so too, but in rf2 when front tires are sliding all forces on the steering wheel are almost zero.

thuGG has described it very well, "like holding the the wheel in the air"

6. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

It's not possible to not hold it firmly, it gets thrown all over the place cus of the bumps & curbs.
    Atleast not with a G27 and my FFB is already down to 0.7

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That would take days, I dont wish to spent any time dealing with you, maybe just a post (and watch your language "mate") :)

Are you having memory lapses? I dont.

On the subject.
    I believe Ive read most of your posts, your whole attitude was 'people, Im a fantastic driver, I know what Im saying, this hole game is crap, people quit playing rf2 and go to Netcarpro.
    If that isnt trolling, I dont know what is.
    Actually its insulting to me and rest of people, who are here and like the game, having to listen to your nonsense, on and on and on. How would you feel if I did the same in your fav games site?

Just recently (maybe with above post) you are trying to mud things a bit and try to pass as another great guy, trying to give his wisdom for free to ISI and us.

Its silly really, anybody can track your posts, actually ANY post, all have the same bitching, its very easy for anyone to understand who are you.

8. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Again.. You realize these are very different cars from completely different era's right? The Feel of them would and should be COMPLETELY different right? in every aspect and there shouldn't be one "that feels great" FFB that ISI puts on all the cars. It is all determined by suspension geometry and vehicle weight and center of gravity and tire material and tire width and steering ratio and brake efficiency.

9. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

With regard to physics...........this is Exactly what im talking about. You cannot do this. For those of you who say you can, you must not be driving near to an optimal laptime.

You'll notice in my vids im either having to do the 'rfactor wiggle' out a low speed corner, to guarantee the car won't spin, or im proper smoothly applying throttle.

If you try to purposely get the car into a power slide, coming out the corner, and maintain throttle and use steering to counter, You Will Spin. No question, You Will Spin. (lets call it the Crab movement)

I challenge ANYONE to replicate what this driver does at 1.51, fraps it, and post it on here.

Thats the physics.

I said all i needed to about the FFB in my F2 review post, im going to do another video externally, showing what happens when I let go of the wheel on a straight, from standstill, what happens when I apply power mid corner etc..etc...to show how weak the force is, and how delayed it is as well. Gona try and do it tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and something i forgot to mention. THERE IS 1 car that seems to work Really well in RF2, and has great FFB - thats the 60's F1 cars!

They have a lot of feel, and I can properly throw them around on feel.

So.......there you go. A bit of positivity.

10. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

yes they are different cars.......but physics dont change between decades dude.

If anything, the F2 car's steering will be even heavier, due to the bigger contact patch and bigger tyre, the much stiffer suspension and higher cornering speeds.

Infact, go to your car now. Get inside. Find a hill. Go down it. Put it in neutral and turn the engine off. Steer left and right.

Feel how solid it is.

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Do you know how suspension geometry affects to steering feel? What you just wrote there tells me that you really don't know. Why you are ignoring completely that low caster angle F2 car has?

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You are right - those are different cars with giving different feeling.
    But are you suggesting that it might be possible that real F2 car gives feeling like its rf2 representation?
    Try to disable FF at all and then try to race to understand that it is completely unacceptable for a driver.
    So different feeling - yes. But in both cases driver need a feeling.

1 person likes this.
  13. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

no matter what you did with the setup or geometry, the contact patch would still be large. It would still be a large contact patch, on a road surface.

Changes nothing. Yes you can make it lighter, but not to the point where the steering is completely free and loose.

I mean the fact that you dont believe me............even after I post a video of me actually driving a single seater in real life.
    its just total madness.

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

use up your tires to about 85%...it then gets easier to cotrol those slides. at least thats my experience. also less camber at the rear makes it easier. however it really is not easy :p these F2s really like to give you a tankslapper :D

15. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

LOL...I just don't understand the point of some of these posts...Damn, the SOFTWARE IS NOT FINISHED YET!
    Perhaps some of you may have a point when it is.

16. hiohaa

hiohaa Registered

again......already posted videos of me driving to a very competent level.
    Already explained what you need to do to achieve those laptimes.

go check out post 348 and 349.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7614-FIA-Formula-Two-Williams-JPH1B-Released?p=98382&viewfull=1#post98382

again, if you think you can do what that guy does in post 415, at 1.51 - as i've said in my post - fraps it, upload it here, so we can see.
    Please, teach me to do it.

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm afraid that you are mistaken, it is possible to make car even steer into turn with changes to steering geometry, negative feedback, with 0 feedback your geometry and pneumatic trail of tires just negates other forces, perfectly possible with low caster.

What kind of geomerty car you drove was? What was weight balance of it?

18. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i don't have fraps. if you can name me any free, good alternative i would be happy to show you.
    well, i tried to point out the things that make it easier for me to do slides with the F2. Less camber at the front (3.0°) gives you better FFB, less camber at the back (somewhere around 1.4 - cant remember exactly) lightens up the tendency for tank slappers which also slightly used tires do.
    But then again, i don't say it is easy to do these slides and i certainly don't feel confident and save doing them - i spin out often enough when trying :p

19. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Sory for ninja the question not my topic...
    But I have the same wheel as Panigale (T500), and have good feelings while turning, stronger at high speed, at low speed they are not as strong but its definitely not like garbing air.
    You can feel the nuance of the asphalt as the wheels grip.

Driver settings: 440 degrees 60 % strength 80 % periodic, more that that my arms hurt after 20 mins.
    Game: 1.20 , 16 to 18 steering lock.

I'm really sory that some of you guys are not experiencing this type of feedback because its really nice.
    I hope you all get that sorted.
    Cheers.

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

MSI Afterburner, it has nice recording function in it too. I usually use uncompressed frames and then use virtuadub to compress video before uploading it. However it does not matter how many video you upload, I have uploaded videos of how I powerslide out of corners with F1 car and other cars, but it is perhaps so that what is seen is so much against what is believed that it does not register at all in brains, so I think it is wasted effort as is replying and explaining.

Soon we then end up with locked thread and then sometime later it starts all over again with 3-4 members repeating same things over and again.

I would be glad if I would be proven wrong of course, but this is impression I have gotten.