Fanatec owners: Let Fanatec know we want "vehicle set" to work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Sep 9, 2012.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The Fanatec blog is asking owners what features they want in future drivers:

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8992

According to ISI, it's up to Fanatec if "vehicle set" is going to work:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6995-Vehicle-Set-still-not-working-for-Fanatec-wheels

I figure if enough of us Fanatec owners post, maybe we can get drivers that support "vehicle set". I've already posted. Just takes a minute ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. coops

coops Banned

sry buddahtree wont be posting until fanatec get off there butts with some way i can buy a csw wheel from Aussie or the website thats my main concern not firmware or drivers. not being nasty just i have posted so much about buying there product with no reply.
    there communication at the moment is crap and we deserve better. but will support you in your cause when i have my answer, but i doubt they will do anything as im losing faith in them

3. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

What is vehicle set?

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It lets the game automatically sets the correct steering wheel rotation for each car. It works for Logitech wheels, but not Fanatec.

5. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

I'm going to assume that you have steering degrees set to "OFF" on the wheel? I'll have to check to see what you guys are talking about. It seemed fine to me when in the GT cars. I'll try something with a tighter rotation like the Formula stuff and see what happens. Seems to me though the mechanism is already there in Fanatec's setup.

6. Of course it won't work if you forget to set your wheel on OFF! I have no problem at all with my GT3! FANATEC YOU ROCK!!!

Edit: I was wrong! It's not working! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

All OK here GT3 wheel, pretty sure I left mine at 900 degrees and the game adjusts that down to whatever the vehicle set figure is. (As long as you have that box highlighted in the game)TBH even if it didn't work you could set the rotation on the wheel in about 5 seconds. Or program each of the different 5 setups on the wheel with 5 different levels of rotaion and switch between them depending what car you are driving which takes about 2 seconds. As I say mine works without doing all that but at least those features are there. Pointless them modifying drivers for RF2 until its gold anyway no?

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Guys it does not work for Fanatec wheels even if you set on OFF.

The game makes it look like it's working (the steering rotation changes in-game), but it does not affect the wheel. It's just a number.

It has never worked for Fanatec wheels, even the ISI Devs say so lol.

Anyone who thinks it's working on their Fanatec.... it's not :)

9. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I'll add my name to the list then.

I own the CSW and BMW wheel.

If ISI says it doesn't work, then they should know. I hope Fanatec actually does something about it.

However, I set my rotation in the setup under windows. I can also set it up on the wheel and the rotation I set under windows or the wheel seem to be correct.

Perhaps I am not understanding correctly, but anything Fanatec can do to improve their product has my support.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Looking to buy CSW so this does concern me a bit.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I have reported that to Fanatec some time ago (just after CSW beta tests began) and I got reply, they are working on that feature. Since then, didn't receive any news about that.

1 person likes this.
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Of course we want this to work. Either from Fanatec driver or rF2 could just do what iRacing does and make you calibrate the steering (once) per car.

13. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

So if you set the degrees on the wheel to be the same as the vehicle it doesn't work even then? Could explain why I'm so bad but I'm doubting it.:D

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes of course you can match the rotation on the wheel manually lol :) but then "vehicle set" is still not working because you're doing it yourself.

The point is you shouldn't have to do that for each car. The game will do it automatically if it's allowed to by the wheel software.

15. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

No you shouldn't have to but at least you can really easily. It's not a major pain that would cause me not to have the wheel, at least it has its own inbuilt workaround, as I say I would moan once rfactor 2 is not a beta anymore, you can't really blame them for not doing anything until then IMO. You have intrigued me enough to have a really good test though as I was convinced mine was working ok! :)

16. krivjur

krivjur Registered

This. Since 2012 Season 3 build iRacing also added a soft stopper (steeringBumpStop_Deg=xx.x ; degrees into bump stop before max force) so you won't go over the car's range if it's less than your wheel has. AFAIK works with all wheels out of the box. In my opinion similar approach would've been better from ISI. It's always better to plan the design to suit the hardware in use than trust manufacturers to deliver updates in timely fashion.

As we've seen in past Fanatec promised updates on certain things, like telemetry output support for multiple games but they never made that further in 2 years. Since then we've got 3rd party addons recently though.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes, but currently they are asking us users what we want in future software. Now is the time to ask for it so it might be ready when rF2 does go gold ;)

18. coops

coops Banned

did it buddhatree.... and i agree it does not work.

1 person likes this.
  19. +1 man! It's not working properly! I was wrong! :rolleyes:

20. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Hehe if every rF2 beta member who owns a Fanatec would ask for it... we might get it.

Next, we demand pretzels and beer! :cool: