LOW FPS With 7870

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Motor-Mad-96, Sep 7, 2012.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Good news MM !!

2. osella

osella Registered

I guess its because ATi very often offers better power to price ratio. Tell me you'd buy GTX 560 Ti over HD 7850 and you're mad, that card (560) is pathetic slow.

On the other hand I do believe nVidia in general has MUCH better drivers, not so much actual hardware.

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

nVidia is getting better at it though, the 660 Ti is great bang for the buck. And now that you can run three monitors with a single card when using the GTX 6XX series they've closed that gap even further. I still prefer AMD because I've had such horrible experiences with nVidia in the past, but at least they've gotten to a point where I can recommend them to others.

EDIT: Still, they need to start putting more displayport connections on their cards.

4. Doc_

Doc_ Registered

Just got a 7850 a few weeks back and couldnt be happier. Running maxed out and no problems. I was worried changing from nvidia but getting gr8 bang for buck.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

exact same thing happened to me with my 9600GT, sorry wish I remembered earlier and wouldve said so! I had mine in a PCI-E slot for ages and after accidently reading about it on the 'net I moved it to the main PCI-E slot as that ran x16 whereas the current one ran at x4 or something.....huge boost!!

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Would be interesting to know why this sort of thing happens. Ever since the beginning there have been many people with AMD GPUs that have gotten blistering performance, and many people like me who've gotten appalling performance. Then again there also seem to be many nVidia users suffering from the same thing, and many that don't. What on earth is causing this...

Out of interest, what type of hard drive are you using?

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

When GTX560Ti were the flavour there was no 7xxx and I would hardly call a good GTX560Ti slow in its day.

Then it comes down to what you use it for, as for myself and rF2 more the happy with a good GTX570 @1920....... Full settings, smooth and solid 60fps what more you need. :)

8. AndrewG

AndrewG Registered

Hi,

I'm new here, I've just tried out rF2, so sorry if I ask this on a wrong place, but the forum structure is a bit strange for me (yet) and I don't find where is the right is place for my question.
    So the question is simple. Can somebody tell me, what settings give me the best looking graphics with having a good FPS ?
    I can't find the ideal settings, and to be honest I get tired of playing with my graphic settings for hours. I'm lost in the terrible amount of possabilitys in game settings and CCC settings. It would be nice to get a simple "how to" guide for a newbe ;)
    My PC specs: I5-2400, ATI 6950 (1GB), 8GB RAM, WIN7 64bit

Thank you for any help;)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The way to do it is to setup the non-changing graphics (textures, etc) high, then see if you can use the changing graphics (like shading, etc - things which are produced as you run the software) or not.