[REL] rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by TechAde, Sep 7, 2012.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Thanks.

-via Tapatalk (S4)

2. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Thanks for nice plugin. I want to change color of bars.

3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Hi, thanks for this plugin.
    I have question.
    What clipping is ocurring when the bar goes red for FFB?
    Is it a) the game reaching the maximum of what it can render? or is it b) the wheel reaching its maxiumum?
    If its the wheel, how does the pluging know that?
    The important difference between them is that if its a) one can use car specific multiplier to manage the yellow bar and still boost the FFB at the wheel and no clipping!

The thing that got me asking is that my wheel (CSW V2) sometimes will lose FFB when I enter the car, no probs I have allocated a FFB re set key. But when it did this and I drove pit lane with no FFB whats so ever, the yellow bar was still doing its thing. So I was wondering if there is none at all what percentage is it displaying?
    Conversely if I boost FFB on the wheel it has no apparent impact on the yellow/red bar.

Thanks.

4. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Not possible at the moment sorry. I'll consider adding it if I ever do an update.

When the bar goes red it's software clipping i.e. the sim has calculated a FFB output of 1.0 which is the maximum it can output. The plugin cannot tell if there is any hardware clipping happening at the wheel end of the chain as it only has visibility of what rF2 is outputting to the wheel. What the wheel drivers do with the signal after that is not visible to the plugin.

5. HuntTheShunt

HuntTheShunt Registered

Thanks

Very useful addon!
    Like the fact it goes red to warn of clipping as I cannot drive fast and keep my eyes on the bars; however, the flash of red as clipping occurs can be seen in my peripheral vision.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Are there plans to add this to Steam Workshop? This is one of the main mod-installs I use in RF2 and it would be great to not have to go to this thread and search and download it everytime I reinstall RF2 or have a friend install it. Plus, it would add to the exposure of the mod.

7. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I'll look into it when I have some time.

8. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Doesn't look like Steam Workshop supports plugins yet, only .rfcmp and .rfmod.

Anybody know if it's possible to pack a plugin as an .rfcmp?

9. Taxi645

Taxi645 Registered

I put the "rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.dll" in the plugin folder, but I don't see it appear in game. Put it in the right folder.

EDIT:

ok, solved. This was the problem:

I had put them in the regular plugins folder. Perhaps add the quoted part to the first post?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  10. Davvid

Davvid Registered

@TechAde
    Could you please tell how the x,y coordinates are working ? I have default 0,0 but the overlay isn't in top left corner but a little lower in fact.
    Image: https://i.imgur.com/Vj1gwt5.jpg

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

That's strange. If you use a negative Y can you move it upwards?

12. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Indeed I can! It looks like the viewport in game is somehow hardcoded to 1920x1080 resolution :O Even virtual mirrors are lowered :( If I change to that resolution (0,0) is indeed absolute top left. With my 1920x1200 if I enter -60 (half the difference in height to 1080) it is back dead at the top of the screen.
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  13. daniLM

daniLM Registered

Hello,

I have had this working previously, but now it simply does not work. I have removed everything and placed once again the .dll files in their respective Plugins folders for Bin32 and Bin64, but still nothing. It does not appear in game, and no .ini is generated. I'm at a loss... :( Any clue to what it might be? Running on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!

14. fohdeesha

fohdeesha Registered

It definitely still works, are you accidentally putting them in your old non-steam rf2 folder?

If you run the game from steam, make sure the x64 plugin dll (rF2PedalOverlayPlugin_x64.dll) is going in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Bin64\Plugins

15. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Hi, i had random crashes on rfactor2 x64 steam version.

After some extensive testing sessions, keeping the car in the server more than 5 hours for multiple times, deactivating each plugin, one at a time, finally i discovered that the problem is the PedalOverlay x64 version.

Just passing here to inform the developer to make a new version, preferably for steam workshop.

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Are the crashes random or do they happen after a particular length of time?

17. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Totally random.

I'm not in my pc now, but i will post the logs here later.

Now i'm activating every plugin, adding one at a time, to find if its exclusive from PedalOverlay, or a combination of plugins.

I noticed that the use o rfactor replay cause crash too, so its not exclusive to plugins.

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Downloaded, there are no ini files in the zip, only the .DLLs, do i create my own one? first post doesnt say. Is there any chance to get a hotkey for disable/enable?
    EDIT: found the ini in UserData, i would suggest to mention that in the first post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016
  19. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost Registered

I must be blind.... I do not see where I can download the file from. Can anyone be of some assistance?

Thanks!

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

These should be intigrated into rf2
    As it's worthy as a standard feature

TwoHardCore and Ernie like this.