Screenshot With Triple Screen

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by wrxxy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Gday guys not sure if any of you gurus have come across this but anyhow here goes...........

OK each time I go to print screen a car on the spinner in Rfactor all I get is a printscreen of desktop. Pain in the butt as when I am Skining painting liveries I want to make sure that all pinstripes line up etc. Oh I forgot to mention at the start of the post that I have tried this with the triple screen eyefinity setup and also the nvidia triple screen setup (5760x1080)and of course when cars are on spinner when using this mode only uses the centre screen which is in 1920x1080. (but the cards work fine when I just run it in 1920 x1080 resolution mode).

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated and if theres any other info you need pls pm me

Regards

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

With most current games you need to run as administrator in order for the print screen function to work in the game. You can do this by right clicking on the icon you use to launch with, go to properties and then compatibility. On this tab at the bottom you will see a tick box to run as admin.

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

I will try this when I get home, but am pretty sure that I am admin already like I said in the post I can take a printscreen of the rfactor spinner but all I get is the desktop when I printscreen if that makes sense....

Thx for the reply will get back to ya once I try it.

4. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

You may well be logged in as an admin, but you have to run the program as I mentioned otherwise it won't focus on the game, it will only focus on the desktop.

5. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Gday Gear just tried what you said but no luck! any other ideas you got for me? Or anyone pls.............

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Have you tried using Fraps?

7. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Fraps seem to work just a bit of pain but anyway there should be a solution out there for my problem.........without using third party software..

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Just read about this and it might help you out. Give it a try and let us know:

9. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Just read about this and it might help you out. Give it a try and let us know:

"Right click on the shortcut (or exe) of your game and go to the 'Compatibility' Tab, check off Disable Desktop Composition and hit Apply, then OK. It should let you take screenshots after that without a problem."

Will try when I get home from work.
    Thx again Gearjammer for your time and will post back once I try......

10. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

OK just tried and it worked but it changes color shceme not sure what it is but its easy enough to change back each time.

Thx for your help
    Gearjammer much appreciated.

Ps while I got ya is there any chance of a solution to slow motion micro stutter on rfactor1 as I am having this problem with my GTX590 and also had it with 2x 6950 ati cards..................theres a bit of discussion on the forum but not for rfactor 1 that I could see..........

Thx again

11. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I use fraps and it gets 5760 x 1080 pics as quick as I press the Prt Scr key.

12. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Would love to help you on the rF1 thing, but I have never even had that installed on any of my systems so I don't have a clue on that one. The discussions for rF2 have covered quite a bit of what was done on rF1 though, so might not hurt to ask in an appropriate thread there and see what you come up with.

@Max: Fraps is nice, but costs money if you wish to do much with it. Nicer if you can get the free stuff to work :)