Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

Painter required to make a one off skin for the URD EGT am car, skin to be based on a 1998 Honda fireblade, in return for some beer money, please pm me if interested.

View attachment 20672

2. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can you repaint the stock Brabham with corrected colors?

4. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

F1 Legends Carset WIP update

A progress update. Honestly, I want to round the set out with five or six more cars but I'm not sure what else I could add that's truly legendary. Every car included has been, in some way, world beating or brought some special new advance that changed the sport. I'm starting to run dry of modern examples and many of the older examples... well, they're not really that fun to adapt due to their simplicity. I'm not in to making simple livery variations on existing cars, the only reason I did it for the FW14B and FW15C is because they had some fun little variations and two different, major drivers take the honours in them. I'm thinking of adding the RS10, RE30 or RE40 to the list but that adds two or three spaces to fill.

View attachment 20709 View attachment 20710

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
  5. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

senormen likes this.
  6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

View attachment 20713

WIP update, the RE40. This one is proving challenging but I'm loving the results so far...

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks for the BT44 real skin billy... :cool:

I have a question if you don`t mind. What`s a good way to get a nice matte black with very little to no reflections whilst skinning?

Is pure black good or maybe something not pure black?

I know other colours can be used but the paint job I`m experimenting with just now has a lot of black. :)

9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Depends on the shaders used on the car. But to get the "matte" look, you have to change the alpha channel to all black on the sections that are matte. From there it is just experimenting on how "black" you want your car.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks for the reply Chris. :)

Yeah I know the alpha channel has to be made dark/black on the parts (or complete car) that you want to be matte, I should have explained that better. I was in a rush earlier. :p

I`ll now explain it properly... what I was after was the colour. Is it best to use total black for the skin colour to achieve a nice matte effect or would a slightly off black give a better result. IE not total black...

I`ll continue to experiment but if you (or the other skinners) have any info on the above that`d be great.

:)

11. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

for a matte finish i would not go with pure black - something lighter would probably do the trick...when you make something pure black and the alpha pure black it can look there is a hole in the car...look at this example from a skin i did for Tucker Fleming - you can see that that the slots in the hood and the side scoop appear to actually be cut into the body (it's a great trick actually!)...so if i was going for a matte finish i would try different levels of black on the RGB and alpha channels...another nice trick you can see here is to cut the reflections from the number panel and then add them to the actual numbers - gives a more realistic look imho...anyway - hope that helps

[​IMG]

Eric Rowland likes this.
  12. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Excellent! Thanks for the tips and info billy. Will experiment. :)

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Loving the BT skins Billy!! Im betting DD would love the BT if he ever gets his wheel back.

15. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

Got some more coming - with helmets...check the screenshots thread....haven't seen DD or his server around in ages...no wheel = no joy:(

16. bwana

bwana Registered

They look great, such a greate track/car combo.. Had a quick chat to DD on steam . as you say cant have fun if you have nothing to hold ;)

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

senormen likes this.
  18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

20. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered