Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

3. DomiTalent

DomiTalent Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Very nice.
    If you are like me when I drive and I run against one of the skins I have painted, I very often run off the track, looking more to the car in front that I should.

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  6. exder

exder Registered

7. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  9. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Really good! Any chance you can also make a Luca Filippi version? It's that clear that I'm biased to the Italian?!? :) anyway, again good work

Tapatalked

10. bastoner97

bastoner97 Registered

Does anyone made skins of 3.5 2014 like Rowland's car, Gasly etc.?

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I am not sure if this is just a coincidence.. I installed Twista's bad ass Dallara DW12 OnePlus NEVER SETTLE fictional livery from #1376 page 69 and did a few runs at Indy 2014 on B770 64bit. I was doing some morning races and noticed the mirrors were massively blow-out and over exposed. I have never had this problem before. I kept going back and forth from the main menu and even restarting rF2 a few times. I even changed the time of day etc.. It didn't occur all the time however it was at least 80% of the time. In the end I decided to delete the altered livery file & folder. Since then I now have blown out mirrors on other ISI cars and tracks for all times of the day. I have rebuilt the shaders however still no luck.

Very strange. Besides a fresh install I don't know what else to do. I raised a bug thread.. Anyone else had any issue like this on this build?

EDIT ADD: I did a fresh install and loaded up a race 10 times over without any blow-out mirrors. As soon as I replaced my allcarstracks_10 mas file with DJC allcarstracks_10 mas file (AI limit removed) my blown out mirrors returned. That would make sense as I installed this altereed mas file about a week ago and ever since I have only been racing the FW14 beta and I now the mirrors in that are screwed so I wasn't really paying attention to them.

EDIT ADD: I think I may have solved my problem. Within DJC mas file he has the SafetyCar = SLSSafetyCar01.veh. I didnt have this car installed on the this test instance of rF2. As soon as I installed I have no blown out mirrors. I have loaded up a race 5 times over and is good. Now I am curious as to way this would make the difference?

A happy man again :)

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To Coanda.

I noticed too that the Mercedes safety car interfered with the F1RFT 2013 mod (mirrors not working in my case, I think it's a conflict of material name).

14. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers that's good to know. I don't currently use that mod however funny thing I was about to as there is new vision just been released.

I am new to creating/modifying packages. I wanted to add some of the brilliant DW12 skins created and shared here to the AI I race against. I managed to create my own DW12_teams.mas file and package this up with other relative mas files. I installed it and the new vehicle skins took place for there respective vehicle number. Well initially they didn't as I hadn't removed the ISI DW12 package so I guess there was a conflict.. Dunno. Anyway what I would like to know is how do I update the vehicle shown in the spinner view? It is only until I go into vehicle options do I see the new skin. I have opened a few DDS files now however I cant seem to find the right one. For example file DW12_7icon.dds gives me nothing but alpha chequers in gimp. Unlike the DW12_7.dds where i get chequers however I can still make out the skin. I am still learning about alpha channels so sorry guys. I guess you have to start somewhere.

Its things like this in the veh file I dont understand:- I cant find any gen, hdv, cam, sfx (maybe in the sound mas file. cant open?), ini. Even this statement "Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory". I dont have a cams.cfg file.

HDVehicle=DW12.hdv
    Graphics=DW12.gen
    Spinner=DW12_Spinner.gen
    Upgrades="DW12_Upgrades.ini" // Vehicle upgrades information
    GenString=DW12 // Used to generate GMT names in *.gen file
    Cameras=DW12.cam // Defaults to cams.cfg in UserData directory
    Sounds=DW12.sfx

BTW that's a bad ass AM skin. Hopefully one day I have some skills.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To Coanda.

At the moment unfortunately (it's no automatic like in good old RF1) you have to create two files, if the name of the skin is DW12_38.dds, DW12_38SMICON.dds and DW12_38ICON.dds (look at the mas files of an ISI car) from saved screens of your car.

They have to be saved with a special format (make a search in the forum related to small icon format). You have to include them in your Team.mas file, they don't work in my case if I put them in the directory of a virtual driver to test them.

I have done it for some of my teams, it is a very tedious task, but may be someone knows how to do it an easier way.

I suggest you assign the extension .mas files to the mas tool in windows, it makes looking to the content of mas files very easy.

You'll be using the packaging tool so often you'll end using it very well.

For the other files you name, they are in the others mas files associated to the vehicle, you don't need to change them for skinning, I used to edit them quite a bit in RF1.

If I can skin, I assure you can too (with internet help and some dedication).

Good luck.

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers for the advice lgel. Much appreciated.

I do see these all those file types in non ISI content. Good. I'm guessing they live in the ISI mas files I cant open due to "Unknown MAS key" error. I take it there is sensitive team data they don't want me to see.

These were the two dds files I extracted and tried to look at to see if its easy to alter. As previously mentioned when I open them in Gimp I see no graphics (unlike the skin dds file) and the histogram for RGB & Alpha shows no data (unlike the skin dds file). All I see is alpha chequers. If I remove the alpha layer then its totally white etc..

I'll try mate. The search function is useless most of the time. Simple strings that I know exist always return zero results.

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

It seems I have more luck with the search function:

Don't try to edit existing small icons, take a grab of the car in the showroom or on the track (jpg format), and then make a square selection of 18,06 cm by 18,06 cm (copied from an ISI file) and save it with those options:

for the record: 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp (unsigned) / 2D texture / no MIP maps for both .dds files)

18. Bob

Bob Registered

19. DomiTalent

DomiTalent Registered

1 New Project

Release in short time

Hope you like it

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014