Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Name: Benetton Verstappen 1995
    Mod: Formula Renault 3.5
    File path: \UserData\player\Settings\FormulaRenault35s\FR35_??\ you can pick in which car it's best for you
    Licence: Free to do what you like with, but not to be sold for profit.
    Install notes: Unrar and place in FR35_28 (for example)
    Download:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8pc0mjnm2sxw67/FR35%20Benetton%201995%20Jos%20Verstappen.rar

Name: Benetton Schumacher 1995
    Mod: Formula Renault 3.5
    File path: \UserData\player\Settings\FormulaRenault35s\FR35_??\ you can pick in which car it's best for you
    Licence: Free to do what you like with, but not to be sold for profit.
    Install notes: Unrar and place in FR35_28 (for example)
    Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/76ozaiytvkmen1a/FR35%20Benetton%201995%20Schumacher.rar

View attachment 6860 View attachment 6861 View attachment 6862 View attachment 6863
    (the 1st picture has Highdownforce livery but medium downforce package, picked the wrong combination when making the screenshot)

I hope you like it. There is a low/medium downforce livery and a high downforce livery, including the helmet.
    The helmet wil also show as a skin for the car, don't know how to prevent that.

It's the first time I use dropbox, so if the links doesn't work let me know. it's my second skin ever, tried to make it as nice as possible with the very little experience I have with Photoshop or skinning.

After releasing I found out how to refine edges, and I will probably learn some more tricks, so probably I will update this skin in the future when more experienced.

Probably I will make this livery also on the Marussia or the generic 2012 car, don't know when exactly.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
  2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

verstappen was with benetton at 1994, so I guess you put in the wrong year in the info???

3. ifrans

ifrans Registered

He was also testdriver in 1995, he was supposed to step in after silverstone, but then Herbert won 2 grand prix and couldn't race that year at benetton.:(

Herbert is also possible, but find helmets difficult to paint, and made the one of Verstappen because I'm dutch and I can use his helmet for future skins I want to do, Initially just wanted to make Benetton Livery, Schumacher en Verstappen is a bonus.

by the way if someone want herbert car I will make it, but not the helmet.

4. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

5. Magzire

Magzire Registered

oh nice maxredbull, thanks!

6. ifrans

ifrans Registered

7. ruderacing13

ruderacing13 Registered

8. ifrans

ifrans Registered

thanks Rude, not per se a Michigan Wolverine fan, but nice skin anyway!

9. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Luka Oslakovi or DJCruicky (ore anyone else who knows), how do I get the helmets to work online in combination with the car?

Offline it's shows the combination when racing and in replay, when I go online when I drive I can see it for myself but nobody online can see it, and when I look at the replay it shows the original skin and not mine (helmet and car).

If I put just my car online without helmet filename it does show my car to others.

I tried different things, renaming them to the original filename with alt at the back of it (that did get rid of extra car skin with the colors of the helmet), but even then it's not showing my skin for others.

I tried these combinations:
    FR35_18alt.dds (this version did not show the extra carskin with helmet colours)
    FR35_18ALTHELMET.dds

This is the filename Oslakovi used, I thought if I renamed it the way Oslakovi did it would work, his does show up online.
    MR01_25alt.dds
    MR01_25ALTHELMET.DDS

What is the magic trick?

I just tried to save my Schumacher helmet as MR01_25ALTHELMET.DDS and put it in the map of oslakovi's Lotus, and than it did show the schumacher helmet online with the lotus design.

That makes me think it's a bug, but perhaps you can tell me if I did something wrong before I post it as a bug

Thank you very much!

10. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Thanks again ifrans, thanks max, and thanks ruderacing ;)

11. EraZr1

EraZr1 Registered

The first Mercedes Skins, that will be in the 2013 Skinpack of SRRF Modding Team
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. ruderacing13

ruderacing13 Registered

Beautiful skin ifrans! Thanks! :)

13. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Thanks mate! :)

14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I think I know,
    The reason your helmet colour showed on your car in the spinner is because your file name you had originally was a bit too short.
    BSHaltHELMET.dds is less than 10 letters (min the alt), that means the game will show it.
    Increase both file names by 2 letters and the game will not show the helmet as a skin to pick for the main body (lazy programming :p).

As for the helmet not showing online. Only the main skins work. See a reply by the programmer here. http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/10768-Window-Skins-not-shared
    Nice skins.

15. ifrans

ifrans Registered

Ah thanks for your answer! Atleast that explaines the extra car skin:)

It could be that but the situation is not quite the same (if I understood it correctly), and perhaps I could have done a better job on explaining my situation :rolleyes:

He is talking about having the custom skin and the wheelsskin, and online people only see his car skin.
    In my situation you can't see helmet AND car skin.
    If my car would be the example my Livery would be shown online but not the helmet. Instead it shows non of them.

And the stupid thing is that with the Marussia it's not a problem at al.

I can only show my livery online with the formula renault 3.5 by not putting in the helmet file.

I think from the community members you have the most knowledge about it, that makes me believe it's a bug with the Formula Renault 3.5

I think I will put it in the bug forum, to see if perhaps Luc can react to my situation, and I can use your feedback together with the thread you found to describe it.

SOLUTION!!:
    DJC gave me another respons that was the solution why I could not see them online.

DJC:
    Just a guess, were the FR3.5 servers you were trying your alt skins have custom skins switched on? Not all servers have this switched on as it uses a lot of bandwidth. Did you wait long enough for skin to upload to server.
    Just guessing.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
  16. Matthias Lauer

Matthias Lauer Registered

17. ifrans

ifrans Registered

18. André Eisenhuth

André Eisenhuth Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]