rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No, I didn't say it was still possible for you. I said we offer them, because you said we didn't. Try reading all next time please, thanks.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

When I want to re-build shaders I turn off the HDR, start the track again (this require some times to rebuild shaders), then turn HDR on.

If you keep your shader folder open during this operation you'll see shaders disappearing then reappearing again...:)

3. rer8

rer8 Registered

I used the update process for the first time... Excellent! From the time I downloaded the update until it was complete was less than 5 minutes... Great job! Thank you very much.
    Randy

4. 88mphTim

Here you go. Although I don't think I called him one, I did say he was acting like one, which he still is. He attacked ISI for having no forum rules, even though he accepted rules when he signed up, but seems to have forgotten.

5. elbo

elbo Registered

Hi Tuttle,
    Is there a purpose to rebuilding shaders? When should it be done? After every new build or whe updating video drivers?
    thanks
    elbo

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Now, this is usefull, thanks!!

7. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Excellent! :)
    Have Build 107 installed, will be testing later. Thanks for the update.

8. modmate

modmate Registered

I do NOT randomly attack threads, thats a LIE!
    I do also not attack your guidelines, i just say how can it be there are nearly NO, whats wrong with that??
    And if you either call me troll or say i act as one i have just to say that you act like the biggest troll of all!
    Typical company head of these days, make a mistake and threaten on others, really great behaviour.

BTW got a RF2 license for sale. Interst pm me..lol

9. 88mphTim

At the moment, every build IMHO. They may not be bothering to have them recreated every time they are changed, because they figure at some point they'll never need to be updated... My guess, anyway. ;)

10. modmate

modmate Registered

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Yeah...when I update with a new build I prefer to rebuild shaders to avoid issues, especially if the build introduce new stuff in the GFX/shaders compartment. With the previous build update (101) I was in trouble with a very dark look just after the update (other users reported the same), but after I switch HDR off/on couple of times the problem is gone thanks to shaders re-build. :)

12. 88mphTim

You're doing it now, in this post.

You have not been threatened before now at all. However, enough is enough, and you can't continue to to what you are doing. You end it here, now, or you will not be able to visit the forum for a few weeks.

You are the only person right now being responded to in this way, because you're the only person acting this way. Please, stop.

13. modmate

modmate Registered

[​IMG]

Im done with you. Thx

14. rer8

rer8 Registered

Install went fine... now have all video elements selected to high.. I have activated the "sync" in each mode. The only thing I noticed is that the frame rates are fixed at ~ 59. So, what is sync, and how do I know it is doing what it should be doing? Thanks in advance.

So far I have had no problems with this build. Nice job!

Randy

15. 88mphTim

OK, thanks. Hopefully things can happen in a nicer way for your feedback now.

16. Matt H.

Matt H. Registered

Could you please fix the taillights on the meganes the glow is getting annoying especially for night races.

17. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

there used to be a saying; something about kings and customers or that the customer was king... not sure: anyway, could be an interesting watch for some people around here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChcZ4wzoNg -;)

18. tjc

tjc Registered

So...

Is it as simple as installing the new build starting it up > turning HDR off > do a lap or two then turn HDR back on?

Just curious as to the steps to take to "rebuild" the shaders. :)

19. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Yep, but you do not need to run any laps on track. Just reload track after HDR on/off switch and shaders will be rebuilded. ;)

You can notice shaders rebuild from track loading time. When rF2 is rebuilding shaders, track loading time is (at least) doubled.

Cheers!

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Not sure if that is sure way to get it done, but delete shaders manually, path was posted earlier to them (I don't remember it so well), that way it would be certain that old shaders would not be used, just navigate to correct folder hit ctrl+a to select all and delete to delete them. Safety oriented ones of course will copy those all to another location just in case one accidently is operating in wrong folder.