rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Twista

Twista Registered

Did you genuinely expect to get 8 months of playing a game and THEN get a refund? The two month cutoff has always been stated in the refund policy.

2. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

@Modmate

Can you give another chance to RF2? i dind't try the lastest build because i just noticed it, but, in this stage of development we must be patience (i know is hard because i'm the most impatience person in the wolrd) and we (the rf/race sims lovers) need your support.
    I just ask.

3. modmate

modmate Registered

NO i did NOT, thats why i asked to reopen the refunds for longtime users so tim see how damn many will request refunds then.
    After that Tim says its still possible, it wasnt me expecting anything. Try to read all next time please, thx.

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Bye!!!

Another one bites the dust.

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

The opposite for me :) No flickering in previous builds and now they flicker in external cameras - seems like billboard shadow casters are rotating all the time.

6. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

@modmate
    Where did Tim W. call you a Troll? Can't seem to find it in this thread.
    And have you tried the things Tim W. mentioned? Like disabling plugins, re-installing the game and all mods, testing FPS with the same car/track/settings in different builds, etc?

Well, take a rest, enjoy your weekend :)

7. modmate

modmate Registered

He did while he gaves me negative reputation for nothing, but anyway i calm down. Just interested in clarifiying the refund story.
    He says its available also for users that bought rf2 since the start wich is not what is in the policy.
    Since he "offers" it it would be great to see how many will jump off finally, at least those never dirving online since start.

8. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Would be nice if this refund stuff could be discussed via pm, so we can move on here modmate.

Will test the new build today. And also have a look at the shader-folder... Tim any news regarding those possible changes to the tires-physics? (just out of curiosity...)

BTW: Saw something about those outhouses and a new track but can't remember,...haha what a pity...

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Naa, nothing signed with CGV yet. And I probably can't give you any more hints on this track... I want to do a little video though. :)

Although, on a completely different level of 'tease'.... I did get a license done while I was there (Montreal) for the F1 race earlier this year, but not for the track. :)

10. 88mphTim

The multiplayer code isn't final, that's why driver changes, etc, won't be done until later.

11. elbo

elbo Registered

build 107 made no perceptilbe difference on my system in single player.
    SLI still does not work, I get lower framerates and stuttering in SLI configuration, one card works just fine.
    I did notice in SLI when a car comes into my mirrors I get a roughly 30% FPS drop, not sure if it use to do that in previous builds.
    The mirror - FPS problem is not present with one card.
    In multi player mode the stuttering that used to be there now appears to be gone.

12. 88mphTim

I am hoping that behaviour will either change, or not be needed when shaders are 'final' and unlikely to change (unless they decide to do a graphics update in 2-3 years or something).

I think brake rotors glowed previously, although I run other versions so sometimes get confused what is public and what isn't yet. :)

The request goes through to a person, and he has to do it. If Paypal or Moneybookers aren't holding your money (and not giving it to us yet), then maybe 2-3 days. If they are holding it (depends how long ago you purchased), he needs to wait to get it, to return it.

13. 88mphTim

Hm, this is why naming the layouts of Mills would be useful. :) Can you perhaps take a screenshot of the layout you selected, then try to let me know which actually loaded?

14. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

He is not sayin you have the option to refund. He's saying there is atill an option to refund for those who purchased rF2 within last 2 months.

So it's still working, but you're no longer eliglibile.

15. modmate

modmate Registered

@ Tim Wheatley

Could you may clarify the refund stuff again please, you confused not just me yesterday. Either here or send me a pm. I cannot send you a mail and also get no response if i write a email to support.

Thanks

@K Szczech

well, he did answer with " its possible" on my question for refund for customers got rf2 in the first days.
    How can that be misunderstud?
    Anyway, i really dont want to spam more here so just let tim clarify his statement and all is good.

16. 88mphTim

I don't know, I don't do it that way... If you are not having issues doing it, then you probably found all the locations, but if you have graphical/shader errors, probably look at this as the cause first.

17. elbo

elbo Registered

lets see...F1 weekend montreal...

Formula 1600
    Ferrari challenge
    CTCC
    Porshe IMSA GT3 cup

My pick would be the 1600's ;)

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

@modmate - maybe Tim misunderstood you and simply confirmed that refund option is there since firsd day, not that it's there now for users who bought beta the first day.

Misunderstandings happen.

19. modmate

modmate Registered

True. But to completely ignore that is something else.:(

20. 88mphTim

You were, and are, acting like a troll. If you stop, then it won't be suggested anymore. You were not called it, you were told you are acting like one, and again, you are acting like one now.

I never said you were eligible for a refund. I said we allow refunds, something you were unaware of, it seemed. Similar to how you attacked our guidelines to the forum yesterday, because we have no rules, but you are obviously unaware that you clicked 'agree' to the forum rules when you registered. These are the kind of attacks, out of nowhere, which are a problem.

I frankly have no idea why you are randomly attacking every thread you are posting in like this. That is the only issue I have with you, and the only you were talked to about, and asked to stop.

Your anger is wrong, and misplaced.