rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Although I am British, I live now (and am in at time of typing) USA. :)

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Many other users are reporting different feelings on tires...so if you ask is gooooood...:)

Thanks!

4. coops

coops Banned

+1

5. djvicious

djvicious Registered

Tim, I love the anticipation you are building with the fragments of hints about the new track! It's on this side of the pond, drawing from an old Facebook post there's a lot of porta-potties, c'mon, one more hint! I'm not asking you to give it away, I just like immersing myself in the guessing game! Personally I think it's circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Thanks for the new build, I'll test it out tonight.

6. Pits

Pits Registered

You would think imo that since this is a driving game it would have been one of the first things as standard to be included, that and the ability to rejoin again back into the race after a disco.

Just talking about this out loud makes for anticipated excitement.

In every update/release I expect to get a lolly, something special something that only "they" can do and this time there wasn't and this makes me just bla about it all, maybe next time, it's not xmas time yet.
    And..... ISI has been having multiple inputs into posts, this has had me shocked the most, the times talked about 3 screens and frames I wonder if I did a new post ...hmmmm. :)

But since it's all going ok I think I'll just race.

7. coops

coops Banned

107 is running smoothly, can see wiper in cockpit view dose not move correctly across screen but great to see it and it works, HDR i think is a lot better not as dark but no expert on this. i think its a much better than 101 build IMHO. graphics i run 3 screens runs well no complaints, always would like more FPS.
    1 thing i would like to see is more frequent updates like this when there are no mods included or am i asking for to much?

8. RRobert

RRobert Registered

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I have found that removing all shaders changes things to better, for some reason old shaders are used if they exists, at least so with 101 and if that area has not been changed, should be with 107.

So shaders are not update aware, which can then lead odd things.

10. doug484

doug484 Registered

Tim - I appreciate your effort to communicate all this information to us. I've been a hardware guy for 30+ years, so to get to watch software development like this is very interesting to me.

I like the latest build! It is a big improvement for me. I drove the Formula Renault for a while and noticed the front brake rotors heating and cooling with my driving (they didn't do that in the driving view before, did they?). I started watching my rotors more than where I was going and crashed into a wall. That was fun!

11. Magus

Magus Registered

Exactly that in my brief play yesterday, the cars felts very fluid on their contact points on the track, seemed to work well for the 1960's but not so great on the Clio (only 2 cars I tried).

I will run more cars & tracks this weekend but went to bed last night feeling that something was definitely different in the tire front & unrelated to FPS...or that never dawned on me to be the cause.

12. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

How long does a refund usually take?

13. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Draw distance and overall visibility of shadows has dramatically improved. They don't dis- and reappear all the time anymore when watching through trackside cameras and you don't see shadows building up 15 meters in front of your car when driving in cockpit view.

I just tested one track yesterday and the car's shadow disappeared on Palm Beach only when the car was far away from the trackside camera. Increasing the draw distance just a little more and this will be great.

Tree shadows still flicker for me though. Not as bad like in the 101 version, not even close, but it's still there.

14. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Yes, it was annoying in previous build, now it's much better :)

15. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 !!!!!

16. fireguard1

fireguard1 Registered

As I run rF2 on a laptop, I am loving the performance gains with this build. It means I am finally able to run smooth (framerate) laps round more than just one track.

I have noticed in the "All Cars & Tracks" option, I am unable to correctly choose which layout of Mills Metropark I would like. I select the layout I would like to run and click "Accept", but when I load it up to start running, it loads up a different layout to the one I selected. This is slightly annoying as I enjoy running Mills.

System:
    CPU: Intel i5 M460 @ 2.53GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GT 420M 1GB

17. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

I Delete contents of folders "rFactor2\UserData\Log\CBash" and "rFactor2\UserData\Log\Shaders".
    Is the same? right?

18. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I actually lost just a few fps, right around 5.
    That's not a big problem, but no 20 fps gain.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that with removing those shaders it does something better, for example with your track I had grey sky and horizon texture edges were bright blue, but by removing shaders those were fixed, so I think it is not always overwriting shaders for whatever reason.

20. modmate

modmate Registered

So far i can see in your REFUND POLICY

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/4849-Refund-Policy
    And now you say i got the option to refund? Whats the deal now Tim?
    Im confused cause ive asked to setup the refund option for members like me got the RF2 beta since day one wich is 8 month ago.

Modmate

EDIT:

Ive requested a refund already but didnt hear anything since yesterday. I hope its possible to get it back and i can finally leave the ISI forums. To be called a troll from you TIM is sort of offense and you really should think about it the next time you wanna call me that!!!!

You say we shouldnt threaten on others but actually you are the only one does that!

Im just done with RF2 and just looking for a refund.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012