rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Perfectly capable of either ignoring posts, or defending myself if needed. No need to become involved in anything.

2. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Thanks Tim.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Oh well we can`t complain as it was a nice surprise to find a new build today, I really wasn`t expecting that.

The F2`s will be soon I`m sure.

Done a little more testing too and there really is a good performance increase with this build, for me anyway (and some others too)

I`m intrigued by this soon to come track though...

I wonder...

:)

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I think something is changed in tires but Changelog do not say anything about tires.

Tim, please, I think we need to know when (and if) something has been changed in the tire physics, especially for modders that are working on cars. Of course I understand we don't need to know internal testing changes...but when a release introduce different car behaviors (with same contents) could be VERY nice (and usefull) to get proper informations about what is changed.

I'm 100% sure something is changed because I feel tires are different now and AI-HDV lap times are 3/5 seconds slowest.

Thanks...:)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Tuttle -you suspect a change in the tires .....to the better or worse ?

6. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Great build. Only bug I noticed was headlight flickering.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I made a short test with the Clio and i feel that it's more stable and I felt that the ffb was improved too!

8. Tuttle

I've less sliding/lateral grip, especially at slow speeds...so less grip on cornering and more twitchy behavior almost everywhere...

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I don't know what Tuttle thinks about changes but I like it :). Cars feel better in this build, at least for me.

10. Tuttle

Honestly I don't care if you feel better or worse a car. I'm talking about Changelogs to understand why the car is different. My point of view is different than your as I'm working on a Car mod...We need days to rebuild a tire, so if something is changed we would like to know. :)

11. yifter

yifter Registered

You are a very calm, down to earth man. I wish i could be like you or something ;)

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Thanks for the feedback

I'm not so bothered about graphics etc, the physics & "feel" is my first priority, looking forward to trying this build out tomorrow!

13. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

My reply was to Adrianstealth. He asked for tires, not for missing changelog.

14. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

I don't know if there is a change in the tire model, but for me the Clio is still one of the best and funniest car to drive of all sim. :)

15. Tuttle

Yeah...but you replied to a question for Tuttle...so me. :)

Btw no problems. ;)

I think this stuff is very important for everyone, ISI, modders and users. A change in car feelings without a changelog report is like a random change. Nobody knows what is changed...and why...and if it's a step ahead or a step back...a feature on or a feature OFF...a fix or a bug...or a placebo.

So..please, give us any information about physics changes. Thanks.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

First time that I have done an "update" usually I do full reinstall.

Everything is fine for me, so far, only done about 7 laps with Clio's on the Forest track. It seemed that I noticed a change that a few others have suggested--- tires feel different. (for the better). I was only going to do a couple of laps cause I needed to do other things, but the tires felt so good, I couldn't stop on lap 2.

Update does reset most of the graphic settings, didn't do anything to other personal settings.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I have never really bothered testing max fps per build as I use the GPU Sync
    for 3 builds now and as long as that Fraps counter does not dip below 60 and
    things stay smooth I am happy.

There are a heap of graphic glitches I have seen but frankly they rarely bother me at this early stage.

Maybe if rFactor2 felt uninteresting to slide a F3 around Mountain Forest they would. :)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Lol, which side is this side? :)

19. 88mphTim

Saw nothing on that, or anything that would cause that... Possible that there is a more fluid feel due to better FPS? Though I will ask.

20. 88mphTim

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the mods and see if they get rid of any glitches. The shaders are rebuilt the first time a track is run, and doing that will make sure you have new ones.