rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

One thing that is clear is that chengelogs are very incomplete, so it's not a feeling :) There's usually 2-3 times more changes than mentioned in changelog - like changes to reflections, shadows, tyres - none of it is mentioned in bulid 107 changelog. Just like changes to headlights weren't mentioned in build 101 changelog :)

Tyres seem more like build 90 now, so perhaps something actually was "disabled" in build 101. I like these tyres better than the ones from build 101.
    I've made some comparisons and framerate increase is approx. 10% in this build for me. I guess that's at the expense of reflection update rate.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

Re.new content, I hope iSi focus is to get this to gold release as soon as poss as appose to adding content,
    After gold it will be content heaven
    ( content from modders & perhaps more from ISI too )

Think the f2's will maybe be released in the next week or two though (timing is a total guess but is based on previous posts etc)

The sooner we're at gold level the better, I'm hoping October / November time latest -but again a total guess

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

IMO it's not time for new content yet. Until gfx engine finished, adding it is waste of time. It's because, once engine will be finished, whole content built for previous releases must be updated. If I was ISI, I would finish gfx engine first, then release a few tracks/cars as reference. Then modders would reuse material properties, hdr settings without need of struggle with settings, changed behaviour from version to version etc.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I'm betting a case of cyber beer it will be tomorrow ;)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There is the F2, due very shortly. There is also a track, one which ISI haven't done in a recent product, very far along.

The F2, I probably want to write a blog or something about. I could rave about it for hours and really should try to write my thoughts down.

And to reply to other posts about 'no content, do this instead' - people who make cars, people who make tracks, don't code the things you want updated. People who code the things you want updated, don't make cars, and don't make tracks. Content doesn't slow development, development doesn't slow content.

We do, however, plan content according to features. We have endurance content planned (after gold, most likely), and at that time we are planning to tackle rejoining and driver changes properly. So content actually assists development planning in many ways, you can release something, and have it well and truly tested... If we released Turbo code, but didn't release a car which used it, how long before it got tested? :)

6. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

hmmm...some news out there?? :p

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Great.Keep it going ISI:)

8. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

One of the biggest "haves" of rFactor 1 compared to most other sims, being able to race up to 24 hour races (or probably even more) with driver swaps.

It definitely needs to be in rFactor 2. Endurance Racing is the best team-oriented experience you can get. :)

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I had only one endu-race but I agree with you :)

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Re.content & main core engine etc, understood separate people work on each, nicely explained.

F2 does sounds close & really looking forward to trying this ( I'm updating to 107 tomorrow in preparation ) great idea about writing a blog about the f2 -look forward to reading it (-:

ISI I'm sure will do a great job on rfactor 2, it's a tad frustrating (I'm sure for ISI as well as us testers) as to how much longer things will take, fingers crossed here that things really start falling into place over the next few builds to bring us to or very close to the gold release.

Keep up the good work ISI

11. SteveGee

SteveGee Registered

Tim, if you get a chance...would you mind pointing out the thread where it's been mentioned before? Last response I've seen from an ISI staffer on this was back on 6/16, in the Build 85 bug thread specifically concerning the mirrors. Some of us don't spend all evening reading through the generic Build Bug threads, we go straight to the sub-forum dedicated to them to find our information.

12. dandar

dandar Registered

With all due respect, please share what you drink :rolleyes:

13. 88mphTim

? There was other things below "Implemented this..." which would be largely unnecessary to most users. They just need to know the outcome, not the steps to get there.

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

+1 seeing as they wanted the build out today this makes sense i think.
    Is it the track with lots of out houses Tim?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
  15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi,I think that you should show more respect to Tim,please don't excess:mad:

16. dandar

dandar Registered

That was just a joke, take it easy

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Wow! Tomorrow eh...

Let`s hope your right budd. :cool:

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Excellent post if I may say so...

:)

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Solved my FPS drops with ATI 12.8. :p

I'm searching a way to turn off the engine HUD in devmode....

[​IMG]

...if someone know how to remove that HUD, please, help me. :)

20. 88mphTim

I don't think the F2 will make it by tomorrow. Physics are done. There are just a couple of small things, but enough to make it wait.

It is indeed. It is though, contrary to most people who guessed, on this side of the Atlantic...