rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thank you very much for this update

Babs:D

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

The best way to reply to that is this:

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I'm with ya. I mentioned in another thread how dx9 isn't an excuse for rf2 graphic level as pcars looks great with dx9. Just trying to highlight that dx9 has plenty of potential. No need for dx11 and I got a big fat facepalm and a downgrade of reputation from some other "clever clod". I assume for simply mentioning the other sim. Personally I like rf2 physics much more, but just wanted to highlight that rf2 dx9 still has potential.

BTW, of course its an Alpha. Beta means feature complete, just optimizing and fixing bugs (at least in any software engineering project I have been involved with over the last 25 years). Its clearly not feature complete so who knows why they call it a Beta.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I deleted my config files (controller.ini & player.plr) and my problems are gone. Everything is working fine :)

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Just a wild guess........

The whole package and mod packages will be done before it is fixed.

It was not a 1960 update caused the problem which tells me other mods will need to be updated as well.

6. modmate

modmate Registered

Finally another one with the nuts to post his thoughts here!+1

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

In this day and age, Beta doesn't mean that at all. rFactor1 wasn't feature complete until 2008, was it, or was it not, beta until that time? The world of DLC and ongoing updates redefined what beta means.

I do applaud you for standing up and saying something like that about DX9. I think many people confuse DX11 technology improvements, and newer cards and systems, or just newer software in general, with DX11 itself.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Which is what happens if you do a fresh full build too.

Something confuses me, people talk about User/ Documents ?

I have none, all my files are in rF2 folder and a fresh build has never made anything in User/Docs.

Which is fine by me, I do not like stuff in documents anyways, smaller the user folder the better imo.

When install asks for user location I just point to UserData.

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

@modmate

Have you tried this ^^^ ?

10. 88mphTim

Posted build notes (such as they are, as I grabbed them from what I could) in first post. They won't make it into a readme.txt until the next build.

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Ok seems my previous comment was a bit rushed...

I can confirm the huge FPS boost using same settings as before but now I get very random and vertical FPS drops all the time. This is the first time I get this issue and it's really annoying.

Tried to delete both .PLR and Controller.ini but nothing. I've 20/30 frame more than before but I get unpredictable frames drops from 70fps to 15. This problem cause huge lags in car behavior and handling.

Plus in devmode now there is a very annoying huge flickering HUD (with engine map outputs) when the car is using the new engine model.

I think I'm going to roll back because I need a more stable version to test my mods.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Is this changelog a compilation of all changes since build 101?
    I'm asking because I can see lines with update of turbo while I think there was no turbo in 101.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Me too mate... never had anything in User/My Documents but then I don`t have the default install path...

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok...

Very quick test with the Eve F3 at Belgium but I can also say I`m getting a good fps increase with test b107.

Definitely a good deal smoother for me with this build, so far anyway.

All settings maxed out and all good.

Will be back with more results as I find them and do more testing but looking good.

:)

15. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

This update is positive for me! Now I have all maxed out and 20 to 30 fps increase..awesome!

I have also noticed that the road reflection/shadows issues is gone too. Maybe just a coincidence, but I didn't see the shadow bug now and I have all max.

Thanks!

16. corsa

corsa Registered

You've never been a part of an Apple iOS beta then, huh? ;) Every beta release of iOS has a list of features that are "not yet implemented" in the change log.

In fact, most of the betas I am a part of these days is feature incomplete... you can thank Google for the morphing of the definition of "beta" over the years.

Anyway, back on topic: this update is working great for me, and I too am seeing a good performance increase. In fact, for the first time, I can enable environment and road reflections and still get a decent frame rate.

Well done!

17. 88mphTim

102 and 103 were attempts at fixing the multiplayer issue present in 101. I think turbo was first introduced in 104 (and isn't 100% final in 107, but we're still shipping it for now). Luciano and F2 tested 106 last Friday.

You never get all changes in any release notes. There's no point telling you:
    Implemented this.
    Disabled it.
    Changed to this.
    Updated code for this.

All you really need to be told is that it's implemented, but I thought the Turbo lines might be interesting, too. There's always a lot more work than it looks.

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I though it is the point of change logs. And it is very interesting to us as customers as well as testers.

It is indeed. But in this form it may leads to feeling that change log is incomplete. That;s why I asked for making it clear.
    thx

19. 88mphTim

Yeah, I'm not the person who usually does it, but I did at least mention everything which was noted. If everything was noted, I don't know. Normal change log for next build. ;)

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Tim,is there any plan to add,soon,some new contents?
    Have you any surprise for rFactor community to lift someone's spirits?:p