rFactor2 Test Build 107 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 30, 2012.

1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

lol spider man goes to monaco

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As the first post says, there isn't one yet.

3. modmate

modmate Registered

Beside that funny fact its a shame that again its full of bugs and way more worse then the 101 update. After all the time going i would like to see at least SOMETHING stable in that beta build. Again, for me that is NOT a Beta stage more likely an early alpha.
    And more, if they keep up that speed in fixing? bugs and add content, rf 2 will be gold in 2015 or somewhen! No offense but its really, really annoying ISI.
    After you "shock" many modding groups out there wich went off now completely from RF to AC you should start to polish your image and start to even try to make us happy or you`ll loose more and more cutomers in a short time. Thats no BS warning, its just a true fact if you follow the process of each sim in dev right now. You can see also forums changing completely their thoughts on rf2, even professionals does.
    I just dont get all that ISI. Maybe a explanation ( A REAL ONE!) would be great-and please no yellin...its a beta..blabla.im done with that, no fanboys please. A staffpost would be great but like usual i dont think they give a damn about my (and MANY others) thoughts.

If there would be a money back option for us got rf2 beta the first day you would be surprised how much money isi needs to send back.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012
  4. sg333

sg333 Registered

All i notice is that the shadows are now broken differently than in the last build. Flickering in some places they werent before.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Well...maybe I'm a lucky man..but I'm shocked as I'm getting a 20 to 30Fps boost with the new build!!! :D

Of course I've to better understand what's happen with graphics and other stuff...but with performances seems far better than the previous one.

6. 88mphTim

What is the screenshot actually showing that is from this update? The gloves and mirrors are not new.

Regarding framerate, can you give any actual information, or does the screenshot represent 1fps? :)

7. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

+1 :)

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Wow!

Very nice Tuttle...

Let`s hope I get a bit of that coming my way. :)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks for the link Hoschi...

Appreciate that as for some reason I never have much luck with torrents.

:)

10. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

It seems you are very lucky :) . I have worse performance again, and for the first time stuttering.

Good news is that cars I think are more stable :)

11. modmate

modmate Registered

Maybe his gfx settings are back to default. I dont trust that. Got now 7 guys with performance issues, stuttering and so on.

Ironic?? Funny tim, really.
    But yes, from this "fantastic" update. Drops while on startgrid in monaco from 80 to 20. Less drop on several places. Also some stuttering and flickering shadows.

12. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Sorry modmate. I think a got lucky as Tutle. Tested now Clio´s in midohio and its absolut beautifull to me with framerate above 90 when i´m alone. Even in replays now i´m able to see shadows. Before my car looking floating on track. Did the update, not the full install and have almost everything maxed out excepts shadowws=high and eviroment reflections=off.
    I begin to enjoy rfactor2 since a made couple changes in graphic settings i made in build 101 and now is even better.
    really enjoying. Gonna save the full installer to prevent an worse build in future.

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That's the way beta works mate. The game is not released yet. No reason to get upset.

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It may depends on hw configuration. Balance between cpu and gpu load may be changed.

I started it just to check gfx bug reported by modmate (gloves). It looks ok to me.
    However looks like all bugs reported by me since a few builds ago still extists. So I'm expecting some huge improvements in other areas ;) Looking forward for changelog.

15. drako90

drako90 Registered

thanks tim

16. 88mphTim

There was, and there is.

So far I am completely unable to respond to anything, because you are not telling me anything. The posts read like a rant, and there's no actual information in them.

17. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Gloves are simple issue. Texture artist accidentally flattened wireframe into the texture. Nothing wrong with your computers.

18. 88mphTim

Funny? Possibly. No, nothing ironic. You just had provided no information.

Maybe if you start by disabling the plugins, etc, that you are running and see if that helps. Other than this, you could try altering graphics settings. I'm pretty sure you aren't really running accurate tests if you were not aware about the gloves and mirror issue prior to this build.

19. 88mphTim

It would not have been posted here if not.

But "ok" is open for interpretation. As always, it's a test build. It might or might not have issues.

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Select another car - this #6 car has lines painted on driver's texture - for example, #5 is ok.

I don't think you should expect rearview mirrors will be fixed with an update to rF2 - this will rather require mod update but I don't think ISI is going to release mod update anytime soon just for mirrors. This is a "modders beta" - we can drive for fun, but it's not the point. I would also like an update to this mod, but it's not something I'm expecting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2012