Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

For public races usually i let them all crash on the first lap by staying behind n watching them wif popcorn.

2. DUFFBAG

DUFFBAG Registered

Saw this at when in Darwin just the other week. Race 3 V8 Supercars. So Yes. It happens Regularly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbPC5Fp4rM4

Monza 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNpyNlRTc4w...

Brands Hatch 1986
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qicyo2n9iYg

Melbourne 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyh6Zji_1E

I wont go on...they are the top of their league Professionals F1 (real world). ..I work in a v8 ute pit crew.... Major accidents usually occur first 2, and last 2 laps of races... very cold...or very worn tyres. It just so happens that the first lap is always the part of the race where the most (all) cars are closest together... so what. It just so turns out that usually the types of people who win championships are the one's that pick up their bottom lip... turn the car around and get back to business.

Cry babies don't go on the Podium?.... welcome to the Public Lobby. Be Polite. Be Fair... But be prepared to beat all that you meet. Just remember... it's all an Illusion. Not real. You are in control of your experience.

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Happens regularly. Posts 4 videos. 2 of them being F1 cars on a short run into a 90 degree right with grass that will destroy an F1 car with ease. The V8SC crash was a product of an exceptionally narrow track with close walls sending cars back towards the racing line.

No one said pile ups don't happen. Monza is always a mess, it's a product of way too many cars into one small space, same as Monaco. When you start looking at a place like Hockenheim, it's hilarious given the 15 sq. miles off run off room in any direction in T1. Damage happens fairly frequently, pile ups not so much.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  4. DUFFBAG

DUFFBAG Registered

Yawn.,..

5. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

lol ...rf2 Needs a safetyrating also :)

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

And that is why I joined racedepartments racing club ;)

8. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Been on PC and aimed for hardcore sim racers i would assume the average age is over 20. You'd think people would have more patience and sense.. not like on console where anybody can play it yet i have seen way cleaner races in GT5.

9. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Need to find a private room myself

10. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

most of the public races are nothing to do with real races, the error can be there, but when it becomes a constant, and when the races become always a destruction derby, there is no fun, it's only frustrating.. this is what happanes usually:

11. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Who be at fault here?

12. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

its the blue ones fault in my opinion... if there is a car - then there is a car

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The blu car, bacause you always have to give to the inside car some room at that point! the black car was inside and it couldn't go anywhere, instead the blu car has more leeway, so it should make a wider line to avoid the contact!

14. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Thats what i thought. Black car keeping it tight to the inside (plenty of room for two cars at that turn) but then got squeezed yet it was ALL my fault.

What made it really annoying.. i was been nice about it then he says go learn the rules and other cheeky remarks.

Then he replys going "back to my server where there is rules".

This server.. oh the irony.

15. Spadge

Spadge Registered

You are. For posting the video and whining about it.

Black car sneaks up the inside, locks up the rear brakes a bit. So really, unless the blue car was supposed to actually stop and wait, the black car was going to collect him regardless what he did. When you lock the brakes, you stop turning and continue straight in your line of travel.

So it was a racing incident cause mostly by the ambitious overtake fluffed up by locking up the brakes. But you know, there was a gap and when you stop going for the gap you might as well just park it up and go shopping instead.

In the immortal words of Martin Brundle: "Ambition got the better of adhesion."

16. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Sneak up? I was always on the inside and that's the path i took. You make it sound that passing on the inside is unheard of. Driver must leave room which he didnt so your comments are worthless.

Actually no.. I locked up cause i saw the gap was closing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
  17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

WT?! no mate, no one would ask you to stop the car, but you should have used your "right view" button , then you would have seen the black car inside that had no room to make any thing, unless it goes on the grass!
    However, I would list it as a normal race incident!

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol H

missed that

Sad them whining about Rookies drivers 18 months later. ? Like get over it ! lol ?

Wonder how many they have trained over the long nights...................... Hummmphhhh

19. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I think the problem with a lot of the whiners getting involved in incidents online is that some people do not have the necessary level of skill and awareness and car control to drive in close proximity to other cars while driving different lines. The aim is to start further up the grid away from dubious drivers. I suppose if you are slow but drive cleanly then you would have to join a club, but don't whinge about the fools online, they just don't have the skill.

20. Spadge

Spadge Registered

When you try to force a pass, you are taking a risk. You don't know that the guy in front is going to roll over and let you through. There is no god-given right to be in front of someone just because you can lap faster than them. The car behind has the right to try to pass, and the car in front has the right to try to keep the car behind from passing. Otherwise we might as well just run private qualifying sessions and call it a result.

Some say that it is the responsibility of the person passing to make it clean, keep it safe. If you can't get by, don't try.

Some say that if you can get a wheel inside then the other guy should concede the place and fight back for it next corner.

The difference is split almost exactly 50/50 depending on whether you're in front or behind. ;)

Watching the video replay, I don't see a lot of room being left, but then I don't see any contact until after you locked up. So really, what could have been will never be known because it wasn't. You got into a fight with a guy and you both lost. I don't see blame being clearly anyone's fault. Passes were tried, mistakes were made, people fell off the track. That's racing.

Yeah, that happens.