Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well, for one; I don't see a problem with speed of the drivers nor do I see a problem with skill.
    In my eyes, the problem is the behavior of them. We've seen it recently on the server Nikos; guys just parking their car ON the racing line, just before a chicane......guys nagging that someone should be booted while that person didn't hit the one that's nagging (twice) and so on.

So, if there should be a "selection".......that kind of misfits should be kept out.

Drivers that are "slow" as you call yourself.....I take your case as an example; they are often quite fair. In your case, you're really fair and even though in the practice sessions, your times are not the fastest; in race you just keep going......
    My times are a bit faster, but in race; I get overexcited and make mistakes......finding myself hugging some tyrestack along the way and rest of the race -if I can keep going- chasing you. (Damn you btw ;) )
    Bottom line; why should someone that's faster in practice- (or race for that matter) sessions have more right to race online?
    I take on a race with Nikos over the "public serverguy" any day!

Just leave out the misfits that park their cars on the track, nag about someone else that's not right and try to win the race from the 20th spot in the first corner.
    About that last one; we all try to win some spots if the start is good and sometimes it goes wrong......think we all had that sometime, right? But the guys doing 220km/h 20 meters before a chicane.......that's not right and that's the kind of guy that should be booted.

1 person likes this.
  2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Guys,No one blames the slow drivers,because every one has the right to race in the servers,slow drivers and fast drivers! this thread is about racers that don't respect the basic rules of the multiplayer sim- racing! I blame those who don't respect the blu flag,those who don't use the mirror....

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Some of those people will be rookies, it is up to all of use that we watch each other and give advice.

Indy most people don't do correct pit-out and waste the build up to first timed lap which a racer would never do.
    Where do you lose the most time in a race ? .......the pits.
    Yet people hardly practice it. ?

Get rookies to do proper pit ins with you every lap, service car and kill the ignition and start car when leaving. Besides that it is better immersion sitting in pitlane then some garage..

After pitting if you want to do setups go to garage sure.

Much better then ESC 24/7 , in the end you will approach a session differently and be v.good at fast stops, it becomes second nature.

Cant run sprint races forever.

P.S. I would say about 90% of drivers in my room do not pit in and out properly all the time.

They must all be rookies. lol ( jk jk )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  4. Hectari

Hectari Registered

5. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

It would be great if their was a driving school like RBR would be even better if it was mandatory like GT(licenses etc.), or some way of getting out good advise to beginners and novice like myself. Although I could never see ISI putting that kind of thing in at this stage, I think it would help a lot.

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

@hectari

Maybe Piquet vs Salazar should be more apropriated for this thread

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
  7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This is what leagues are for.

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

worse than slow drivers is no drivers to race. like now

9. john gianni

john gianni Registered

I see this problem is now very popular... It seems that servers are getting more crowded everyday in this period... Me I think I'm not so bad driver with several years of experience. It happens that I make mistakes and possibly hit other cars... But it's not on purpose, it's because of hardware/visibility limits you have with one 21" monitor and little mirrors like in the Lola. It's really annoying when it happens to you, too: you get bumped out of the race when you're battling for the lead, but you have to be patience and never forget it's a game.

Just an advice, don't get this to become too nervous or we'll lose the fun... It'd be better maybe to give a polite advice to the newcomers... I'm sure no one here is acting on purpose.

I would rather ask the developers to create some algorithm to punish rammers and bad attitude drivers... fair or unfair, this would eventually ask to drivers for more focus on their aggressiveness and behavior.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

nothing

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Again, yes! here we go!:)
    Last week I had some clean online races! but but...
    Yesterday: abhorrent start ! look also behind.
    I didn't captured the whole first lap, but there was cars every where!

Then I went to another server with a fewer cars:
    Ok,nice after 45 min' of practice and 15 min' of qualification ! I got the best time in my category( the 370):
    OK, let's make the formation lap:

Hoppss.. ok! let's try again:) restart without the idiot with the GTR ! now finally we can make a clean formation lap! lets see what happened:
    ps: I'm the first 370z (that red/black one)
    Ps: You can see the video in the post below!

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

:( Ok! I have a better idea:) lets watch Lakers vs Toronto Raptors:)

13. Spadge

Spadge Registered

14. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Yes, this is so true, with open servers you never know who's on. Get in a league where you can get comfortable with the other drivers and get to know their driving style. Then you can push and enjoy the mod the way it's meant to be. I love league racing, I'm never the fastest but I'm always in good battles somewhere in the grid and that's what it's all about, have to enjoy this, it's too good not to.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I got already in a league and I have done some clean races with them, but we make one race every 2-3 weeks and lately we didn't make any one cuz Christmas and new year!
    I think that everyone loves to make some occasional race in the pubblic server! guys,I couldn't even make 2 formation laps! that's too much:)

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I got to agree would not have to be mandatory to pass but at least forced do the licence test and then you could see drivers ratings.

I think this could make a worthwhile addition to rF3.

My idea really is to divide a sim into 2 products.
    Licences tests and such would be mandatory in the Pro version of the sim.

Like I said this would further help the better drivers by getting a better race as each server would only support the version you buy.

So in Pro version server there would no rookies, Period.

17. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yay the two version idea again, oh how I've missed it. :)

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol

why take me as the lunatic arogant egotistical type. lol :)

It has merits the idea I just gave you a concrete one Pro version would have better drivers, fact.

It was never anything to do with making rookies seperate.

On one hand furthering Pro drivers experience with more realistic UI and settings and better drivers while at the same time doing nothing to detract from rookie or unlicenced drivers servers, how is that a bad thing.

So tell me what is wrong with the idea ? ...... all ever anyone ever did was pull the Ego card " You think you are better " ...pathetic responses. ?

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Pro version would have fewer drivers, fact

So there you have allready one reason that isn't right with your idea. Also, if over time someone improves, would he then have to buy a pro version??? Or would people have to buy the pro version from the start, maybe making the licences, and being stuck with no racing at all???

Except for this being at least the third time I bring this up, but for some strange reason you always seem to miss it ;) You might not agree, but this isn't an 'You think you are better' pathetic post at the very least :p

20. Hectari

Hectari Registered