Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The rFactor racers are the worst racers I have ever raced with!
    Promised that I'm not an alien:( usually I take place at the middle of the start grid(8°-12°) and it's impossibile to finish the first lap for me!Every one want to win at the first corner and every time they bump into me ,...I'm simply frustrated and sad for this:(
    I'm coming from 1.5year of GT5 and I swear to you that GT5 racers are by far better and more mature than What I'm seeing from rF2 racers.
    Yesterday and today I made about 10 races,I finished only 2 races.
    I don't know,maybe I'm to much conservative with the brake at the first curve but when you have 8-10 cars on front of you and the tyres are cold and the brakes are cold I have to brake before and every one have to brake before especially who comes from behind
    I'm not christ jesu because me too make errors but damn the last 3days were really hard to digest!

2. dandar

dandar Registered

Thats why racing groups exist with someone doing as steward.
    Going to race in an "open to all" server is like going to do a tour in Berlin in 1944.
    Also try to figure the age diff in an open server ... Honestly you are asking too much.

Meet some racing group with a clean race policy and your experience will change completely.

3. Mikail

Mikail Registered

I have the same mentality on braking early to avoid collisions. Although I've had several good and challenging races.
    Maybe you have bad luck in online races?

When I sense that the racing is going to be chaotic, I simply go left and accelerate calmly at the start. So I'm last, but not least ;)

4. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

That has been my experience with almost every open race in any sim, I now race almost exclusively with my club that way I may race less but at least I am racing with kindred spirits, without them I would have given up on online racing altogether.

5. Mikail

Mikail Registered

Oh, I love online close simracing. Maybe I should try those private races too... I alwas associated those private servers with leagues.... Since I don't have all my time to concentrate on leagues, I race on open servers...

6. dandar

dandar Registered

I totally agree.
    Sometimes I tink ... what if I do a "King Tiger Tank Mod" to drive over some guys :D

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

8. Mikail

Mikail Registered

Hah, that made me laugh.
    Is it me, or aren't there too much players online?

9. osella

osella Registered

I don't think rf2 is worse than other sims.. public races just suck.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Attitude like that no wonder.

I run nothing but public races in a ROOKIES room and we seem do do okay.

I lose patience very fast with people that whine about bad drivers or races.

No one makes you join.......... :)

-----------

NO NEED TO TAKE THE LORDS NAME IN VAIN EITHER ! ( THUMB DOWN)

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

...Knight!...yes?....Don't!...But?...I know just let it lie...But?...I know, just say nothing...Oh all right then :(

12. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

There is two kind of sim, sim for offline races with AI like rFactor 2 and the other kind of sim for online races like ... in fact only iRacing. :)

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

What arguments do you base this on??? I have seen very messy racing with iRacing (don't own the game, so only saw the extreme cases posted on youtube), and I have seen very nice clean racing in rF (both 1 & 2), and some other games as well. If I understand in iRacing it is a more controlled 'enviroment', but you can create the very same in most games running in leagues ;) What probably also is a 'plus' for iRacing is the costs. It is to expensive for lots of kids. Off course not all kids are bad, but I think in that age-group you'll find more idiot drivers.

Public racing can always be a pain, but also it can at times be really nice. I don't think it matters much which game you use, you'll find good and bad examples in all of them.

14. Ricoo

Ricoo Registered

Try iRacing and you will experiment the difference between few accidents and huge systematic mayhem lol

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Well, I said the price might be keeping some bad folks away, but me as well, it's just to expensive for me and my budget, and I don't even consider to try it when it costs that much ;)

16. dandar

dandar Registered

Thanks for the advertising, maybe the drivers who race for ramming into people will go to iRacing after your post. :D

**WARNING I'M JUST KIDDING !!! (people is very touchy lately about what I say)

17. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

Obviously, the thing to do is to get to know a core group of racers and only race with those people, the ones you know race cleanly.

If not, you're asking for trouble.

It's that simple: otherwise, you take what you get and shouldn't complain. It will not change the way things are with open races.

Alan

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1 Alan

In my Spa room I remember we had 8cars 4:15 and 4:16 so you can have good open rooms.

In large popular open rooms sometimes a rookie on the wrong night only has to error a few times and they get blasted, some are already too nervous to ask for help and they certainly wont be calmer next time out. :)

Then they go from room to room , from car to track which furthers reduces the learning curve.

Positive reinforcement is the best idea if you want to improve overall quality, help the guys in practice time. If you think their wheel may be too sensitive tell them.

Open room showboats are for the larger part not interested in most others problem, so maybe as much fault lies with the better drivers. ?

Stick to one car and track, find a smaller room were people are willing to lap slow and help you to get you on your way.

I have no worry how any of the races in my F3 ROOKIES finish as long as everyone has fun and leaves lapping faster. :)

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hey Durge, keep it up, great work you are doing, thumps up !!
    (I think I should say it, carry on please!!!)

20. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I think everyone gets their feet wet in a public lobby then sits there after the race saying "WTF was that!!!"

If you have rF1 then go try Race2Play as a guest member (free). I think you'll realize what you're missing.

ROFL.

PS: Hi Knight!!!