woohoo Insidesimracing mention Rfactor2, and also Jessica's last show......boohooo :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cleverleyson, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

Looks like they are working on a first look video...Also Jess is leaving...man...

15:00 is what you after if you in a rush.

2. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

This is sad, she was the best to review wheel ffb!

3. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Too bad it's you tube. play 1 minute, 1 minute pause for buffering... rinse repeat. But thanks for the heads up.

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Now that the eye candy is gone I don't see a reason to watch this show any more. Not like I REALLY did anyway. These guys try but sold out WAY too early on.

6. ROON

ROON Registered

Inside iRacing

7. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

What are doing this man driving barefoot?... ;)

8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

LOL! So true. I just could never take ISR seriously.

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Also the slap-fight with Fanatec was hilarious, if not pathetic.

10. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

What was that about?! I'd be interested to see what their thoughts are on rf2 next month..

11. call-911

call-911 Registered

What a shame that ISR is losing those assets.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lololol

13. Boxorman8

Boxorman8 Registered

hahah :D .. So true.

iRacing is queite good, the site is really nice and it's fun if you want to race within a league with little effort, something I wish rFactor2 could emulate.. but I just can't get behind iRacing because of their business model, I have to subscribe AND pay for EVERY little bit of content in the game, nothing is free..queite ridiculous and I think it might be the most expensive game in existance right now, atleast if you want to race with more than 1 car..

12$ for every car/track ? what a ripoff. I'd rather get behind a company like ISI who delivers awsome as **** cars and tracks for free (once you bought the game) the way it should be.

Either subscription or pay for content, not both ffs iRacing !

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Iracing is pretty decent, but fell behind the times in alot of areas IMO,
    Their online practice / racing / points structure with voice chat, computer spotter etc is untouchable by anyone else at the moment,

Physics wise it's out gunned by the ISI sims ( the better mods ), iracing seems to lack fluid looseness to me it's difficult to explain,
    Iracing force feedback (although some rave about it) has never felt that special to me, some of the tracks are excellent (not referring to graphics here ) , spa for instance is the only decent version I've found in sim racing, some of the not so good ones feel like polished marble.

They have stated some "big" updates are being worked on, I don't know if they are talking about a new bird model.

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

True statement!

16. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm actually glad that Jessica is leaving. I never got the impression that she was very "genuine" and her presence always felt out of place.

As harsh as this sounds, I think the overall quality of the show will likely improve without her.

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Completely understandable. I always just sat there trying to figure out how she was related to either of those guys. Don't think she was dating either one and she certainly wasn't into sim racing by choice.

As far as the actual remaining hosts go. I don't think they properly represent the sim-racing community. With the blatant sell-out-ism of the show lack of technical know-how and constant use of improper terminology the whole show feels like it does nothing but make new people steer clear of actual organized "sim racing" if those two are the appointed mascots.

There should be a new show. Younger hosts that understand mechanical, electrical and computer engineering in a shorter format. 45 minutes a week is an INSANE amount of time to dedicate to the real and important news that sim-racing produces over seven days.

18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Now if they could just replace the other 2, they might be onto something. ;-)

19. osella

osella Registered

To be honest I have never liked the show much, sometimes I literally forced myself into watching it because I said to myself "hey, its the only bigger sim racing news so I should be watching it", only to realize I don't care about most things they say...

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I really like watching inside sim racing, wonder if they'll find a replacement for jess?

Think they do go on about iracing a tad to much though, more sim racers outside iracing than in iracing so it dosn't make sense

Some excellent mods for rfactor on been coming out that never get a mention