[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks a lot, can't wait to drive the challenger! :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Well... there you go. You never know till you ask.

Many thanks for considering and then going ahead with this Petros, I very much appreciate it and look forward to a rf2 beta of your mod to test.

:)

3. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey mate. I myself don't get put down by naysayers. The naysayers seem to be the couple ex beta testers who were removed from the team for doing nothing. Danny who signed up with multiple names in virtualr.net and other places just to bash our group doesn't affect me whatsoever. I just concentrate on the work we have to do to finish and produce all the things we're doing.

Different people take the naysayers differently, I've had a few people quit due to them but it won't stop me from continuing on. Thing is, these cars are getting good progress in the game. Unfortunately we don't have the amount of UV Mappers we would like, we could always use extra hands there as we have a ton of cars waiting to be mapped, but I'm still searching for extra hands to help.

I will give a more formal response as to what the beta will include soon so you all can know what to expect in it and what we'll hope to gain from all of you feedback wise. I think this way people will know exactly what's coming and various bugs and missing things won't be as much of a shock as it would be if we don't give out any info.

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

No problem tjc, the mod is being made for all of you to enjoy after all so having you all help with feedback will also help us make it better as rF2 expands. In a way, it will be like the whole community who actively plays and gives feedback would have played a role in developing this mod, a community mod. :D

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Sounds good to me. :)

Pity I`m not a "UV Mapper" or I could help out...

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Why isn't the modeller unwrapping his own model? It sucks if someone else needs to to that with a model he/she doesn't know, and consequently it kinda sucks as well when the modeller can't texture his/her own work..

*While modelling, usually you encounter lots of possibilities to hide seams and figure out ahead how to lay out the uv's. This is an advantage external mappers will not have :)

7. 3Dnooblet

3Dnooblet Registered

I heard its because they leave as fast as they join.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Maybe I should spend some time and learn to do some UV mapping work. At least I will be able to give back to the community that way.

9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Its always better for the painter to UV Map the model as that way its easier for the painter to know which parts are which. We employ a different system where our main painters UV Map the cars. This allows our modelers to concentrate on modeling the the painters to do the UV and Paint. We have some of our modelers learning the layout they need to UV Map in so they can begin helping too but we can always use more help.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  10. tjc

tjc Registered

I hear ya Gearjammer... I`d really like to learn how to model but it would be good to give back to the community in some way for sure. :)

11. jtbo

jtbo Registered

One rather simple way would be building pages for the Wiki
    http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/86-Wiki

I have made links there but from those links one would need to start article pages, while doing that one might learn thing or two from car physics too ;)

Petros, how far physics will be in demo? I ask so that I know what to comment from them, if I would comment thinking they are close to final while they are not, it might be bit, well, lot to read.

Looking forward of testing your mod :)

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Hey Petros.

How close have you come to a beta? Been nearly a month since it was mentioned, just curious :cool:
    Can't wait to try it!

Cheers

13. Niko

Niko Registered

Petros?

any news?

14. Bloody

Bloody Registered

Yes news please ;)

Can't wait to get my hands on those babies :D

15. Nachaso

Nachaso Registered

Any progress news Petros?

16. Raggnator

Raggnator Registered

Petros,amazing job.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

This will be a great addition to rf2

.....any news on a testing release???

Our feedback could be useful etc

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys.

Sorry for the long pause in info. We've been slammed with work on the prototype for WRS and some other stuff that we had to get done. Good news is that our in-game guy is back from his trip with his company at Autosport and is working on the mod into rF1/rF2 again. We are looking for additional hands to help with putting cars in game. We need someone with more time.

Aside from that, the mod is progressing well albeit a bit slower then we would like. We have a number of cars we could get in already but not enough hands and rf2 takes a ton of time to get things in game and right. So anyone interested in helping, send me a private message.

In regards to the release physics, they will be in a base form. The aim is to include the community and see what the general consensus wants in regards to physics. We won't be able to please everyone but by acquiring feedback, we can determine what is the most desirable path to take in regards to the physics. At first physics will be just a base, driveable and how we feel they should be like, and then we'll read what all of you have to say and update accordingly.

All our future mods will be done this way with open beta's and updates in order to allow the community to have more involvement in the shaping of the mod which they ultimately want to enjoy. :)

I hope that answers your questions. I'm hoping to post some in-game shots very soon. We're just fixing various bugs right now. :)

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

But shouldn't the physics be made through accurate data and research and not through community "feel"? I think that would be nice approach when making some sort of fantasy arcade mod, but this mod features real cars.

20. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Registered

Thanks Petros!

Unfortunately I don't have many skills with modeling, sounds, and such, but I can give decent insight.
    I wouldn't mind even trying one car at a time, that way people would have something to tie them over until the next one. Also, if people don't like the physics, or something just doesn't work out, you won't have to draw back so much content at a time. Kinda like how some games have (or will) release a "one car one track" style.