[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Reprobator

Reprobator Registered

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Sierra is also one icon of 80's, actually there was Hothatch mod for rF1, I believe they got permission to use models that some guys had made, contacting those guys might give you some euro hatch models that are quite good looking, but physics of course would need to be done from scratch if those are meant to be real world like or accurate as those cars had not very realistic physics.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Hot%20Hatch%20

I think at least Fiesta and Sierra were really good looking ones on rF1. I did do some physics for sierra for example but I have not finished those, I did however some research on springs, gears etc. which might provide some base to start up with physics, however it is not much.

3. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

When reading that, all I could think of is this clip from Fawlty Towers.

:)
    DJC

4. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Ah guys, the best place to request cars is on our forums cars you'd like to see thread via the link below...

http://forum.mak-corp.net/showthread.php?229-Mod-Cars-What-car-do-you-want-to-see-in-this-mod

It's easier for me to follow it through one place rather then two forums. Also if you are adding links in your first post, it will go under moderation, so your best off to make an introduction post and then post cars you want to see in that thread. All users with 0 posts who post links will have their post go under moderation.

Now, for the good stuff. Here are some nice previews of the 1981 DMC Delorean which ISI Forum member Yarach requested. This is one of the community requested cars we've decided to do. This model is done by Dmitry Barishev another one of MAK-Corp's 3D Artists.

We also have previews of the 1973 BMW 3.0 CSL Group 2 modeled by Balazs Tabanyi. We hope you enjoy these previews. :)

5. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

LMAO, Pretty much yeah! Just with a stop sign! HAHA

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Ahem..... I represent that insinuation!

If only I could drive as well as Mr. Fawlty

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

here we go again...that could mean you reinsinuate your presentation!
    (and mr Mak will start shouting: You two, out of my thread!)

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

9. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Personally I would love to see classic Japanese sports cars, some like KPGC10 Skyline/RA60 Celica/AE86 Trueno/240Z Fairlady/FC3S RX7 etc.

10. Disasstor

Disasstor Registered

+1

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The last Mazda RX7 was such an impressive car! Its looks, its power, its handling was unbeatable at the time.
    After a while though, they dissapeared from the local market due to ridiculous high running cost (wankel engine needed rotors replaced every...100.000km? Thats what I remember anyway)

[​IMG]

Interestingly, its direct opposition was another legent,with six consecutive manufacturers titles in World Rally Championship, still an unbeatable record, also the last of its line, Lancia Delta HF (pronounced akka-effe) Integralle Evolutione (Deltona).

[​IMG]

As price tags of RX7 and Deltona were similar, for some months car magazines took them in direct comparison, even though Deltona's styling had evidently aged and its general quality couldnt match RX7's impressive manufacturing.

This went for quite some time, till one mag had the idea to compare each other, on an old Acropolis Rally tarmac stage, where Deltona with its 4WD was simply...from another planet.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Lucky man! Baby Ferrari will always be in my heart :)
    And they did modell it well in RF1, my fav mod there.

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hey guys. We've been working on things and thought I'd give another update. Below we have two simple renders of the interior for the DMC Delorean road version. Before anyone asks, yes the Delorean road version is now completed model wise and we're working on the Back to the Future version. The DMC Delorean is modeled by MAK-Corp Modeler Dimitriy Barishev. We also have some progress on the texturing process of the Chevrolet Chevelle done by FLED. Enjoy!

1 person likes this.
  14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I really enjoy posting from you here Petros.
    Keep it up, great work looking at it!!!

15. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Well today we're showing off the first livery for the Lamborghini Miura done by newcomer Nigel Phelan who has joined our 2D Department. Nigel Phelan of NWRAP is known for his texture work in the EWOR mod for rFactor as is his group who made the mod. I'd like to thank him and the other NWRAP members who have joined up to help! More renders to follow later.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
  16. Taranta

Taranta Registered

great news :D

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi petros,any new about the Peg' 90' Maxi?

18. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Not yet mate, I'm having some small areas on the model updated to rF2 quality because it was originally made for RBR and we decided to also include it in this mod but I'd like some fixes done on it as I like all cars to be at their best in quality. I don't want to neglect any car. I'll keep you posted as soon as its progressing. :)

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The Miura is looking gorgeous!!!
    Is this livery fictional, or this is an actual car?

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Fictional liveries. We tried scouring the net for any real liveries but didn't come up with any. We decided to make fictional liveries which also represent the era that the car is from. We want to ensure the mod has some form of realism that represents the era's it covers. :)