Internet thread: Share the fun!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John.Persson, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thank you Adrian for responding and in great detail. :D

I completely agree with you but would take this a little step further in saying that for whatever negative health implications e's, msg (which i'm not convinced on though) and other additives, i place sugar as the number 1 most significant factor and if i had to pull a number out i would claim around 90-95%.

Why? Because having removed sugars and ALL carbohydrates for the week, i have noticed and felt exactly what you describe in your daily life (feeling refreshed, sleeping well, full of energy and the inner need to want to burn it off because your hyper as a result, feeling as if your actually over consuming on foods, etc.). I feel exactly like that as of removing all carbs and relying in fat, protein and very low to non existent carbs in very green veggies (which i've been plastering with butter for flavour :D). I can honestly say that i have never felt so good in my entire freaking life.

Regarding the heart beat, i can completely understand your advise to build up to it as i've not been exercising at all. But here's the thing, when i did that on day 5 or 6 (can't remember now) i wasn't trying to get it up to 175. I was just doing exercises and without forcing myself to work hard but was able to do more of them and hold strenuous positions for way longer than before the test period. It didn't feel like effort, it felt effortless in fact and so i did a total of 15 minutes instead of the usual 5-10 minutes i could only do in the past and would then pass out. I use to be able to go no higher than 120-140. It was completely unexpected that after the 15 minute workout on day 5 or 6, afterwards testing my heart beat, that the reading came out at 175 bpm. I was in complete shock, not only by the fact in was so high but also that the work out felt effortless and i was completely not tired after doing it.

Now i understand (as an engineer) that a sample of 1 (just me in this test) doesn't prove anything (it requires many more to show a correlation and then to go deeper and prove causation to make a statement of causal inference and/or scientific fact). But it strongly suggests to me that physical endurance and fitness goes way beyond physical training for stamina (not that i'm saying stamina training say for marathon running does not work and is not important, not at all). For me to achieve those results and the only thing that had changed was the complete absence of carbs and substituting it with more fat (which fat then made up around 50-70% of my caloric food intake per day) i felt more energised, clear headed (something that was most obvious to me as my awareness heightened like giving someone an adrenaline shot into the heart), and naturally much fitter (just based on the 175bpm that was effortless to achieve compared to my 120-140 in the past that left me very fatigued and in only 5-10 minutes).

The weight loss part is based on the sound research science that Dr Lustig performed, the fitness part not so much but my personal observations are showing clear correlations (which i can't prove is due to the zero carb and increase fat diet test) but it's the only causal link i can see or think of since i was so careful to avoid other variables affecting the results from before to after.

It's day 7 by the way guys and i have not lost 5kg! Wooohoooo! And it was freaking effortless!!!! :D :D :D

I'm so pumped of energy i've been struggling to get to sleep a little so tonight i'm heading to the gym, not because of will power but because my wanted naturally desires to do something active. It doesn't feel like a chore but a reward to go do it! :p

I used to hear the notions of 70:30 diet:exercise, or someone else would argue it's 60:40 or 80:20 or whatever but now i know the truth. It's 100:0...as in 100% diet. Why? Because with the correct diet, you don't need to exercise to lose weight (if i've proven/confirmed anything from Dr Lustigs research it is unequivocally this imo) but when it comes to exercise and being active during the day, this is govern entirely by what you eat. You eat the right foods and your body responds by raising your metabolism sky high making you feel great throughtout the day feeling energised. As a result, you feel this inner need to expel it and hence forth exercising naturally comes on it on without the need of conscious will power.

We need to change the slogan of "You are what you eat" to "You are what you eat and you do because of what you eat."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Great!

Keep it up, seriously though don't go to mad initially think long term
    I really hope this becomes a routine & rewarding lifestyle for you,
    It will pay you back in more ways than you'd expect

It's good your using a heart rate monitor as you'll ( through looking at the reading) get use to how you feel each time you check,
    Thus will help you get use to what's going on with your body , also when things change
    Eg your heart rate levels are perhaps running lower for your performance
    (This is fairly easy to assess with running -as garmins also report pace etc ) you'll realise your fitness levels are changing
    -strangely I find this happens in steps as oppose to slow gradual change
    It's almost as though my body holds out at its present level then gets to a point when it says "ok then you win .....here you are ....you can have a steady 6 min mile pace at an average heart rate of 165bpm"

Of course with running there's other factors -temperature / humidity etc but I take this into account

Anyway keep it up -in a years time you'll be a different person

P.s if you have a smart phone/ ipad look at "seconds pro" on the App Store , I now use this for a 16min circuit workout 3 times per week (as well as running ) you'll be able to programme in your own sequence of timed activity -I try to strengthen my core which also helps with running faster etc

3. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Thanks Adrian! :D

4. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Sunflares in Elite:Dangerous!! Amazing!

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Everything in moderation man. I honestly wouldn't get too hung up on this stuff. I wouldnt' start staying away from fruit for example because it has sugar in it but processed foods which has a crap load of salt and sugar added is a good idea to stay away from. You can be aware of these things without being fanatical. There are world class athletes who will go out for a burger and fries occasionally. Like I said everything is moderation. :)

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

lol, yes of course but at least for now i both want to and have no problem continuing as i am. The results i'm getting are amazing and to be honest for the last 2 days i have actually been eating some fruits and the results turned out the same. For example i had a rice bowl of strawberries plastered with cream. It was plenty sweet from the strawberries and was absolutely delicious. i would have in the past added a fair amount of sugar…..now i realize it's just not needed.

At some point i will of course allow myself potatoes and rice again but in small moderations because to be frank they are just not needed and when i have a few the insulin spikes and metabolism drops and you get foggy in the head. I know that may sound strange but it's very easily observable to me.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'll rudely interrupt the sugar discussion to "spam" my new album:
    http://idivorcedlife.bandcamp.com/album/thrive-in-ashes-2

It's possible to stream it from BandCamp, but you can also click "Buy now" (even though it's free) to download it in high quality incl. the cover art plus a booklet with lyrics.
    Enjoy. :)

8. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Kind of pessimistic touch to your songs. Right now I'm listening to "Bring me Solace". What's with the +1 Rifle? :cool:

EDIT: I think "Idiom" is my favourite. Like the violins in it. "Dumb as We" is also cool. You're a pretty good singer, btw.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Thank you for the heads up.
    I Like.
    Reminds me of Muse and Depeche Mode (big fan) with a hint of Cure, lovely melancholic melodies.
    The "pessimistic" approach doesn't bother me, I am a huge metal fan, and the lyrics that describes life when its not easy, suites me quite well.
    I'll spread the word to my friends who I think might enjoy your music. :)

11. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

ok, so i've just realised what i've actually been doing this past week and it's backed up by sound scientific research and evidence i was not made aware of before. It's called a kitogenic diet, where it's low to no carb (less than 5% if any) and predominantly fat (like 70-75%). It's actually a LOT healthier than our modern day diet of predominantly carbs (50-55%) and little fat (10-15%). Side-note: this is how our bodies were evolved to work btw, almost all fat and nearly no carbs.

The results are startling and extreme marathon runners have been able to set new world records (e.g. in the 100 mile race) purely by transitioning to a purely kitogenic diet! lol

Kitogenic diet is potently anti-inflammatory (some 30-40% more potent than modern day diet extreme of low fat diets) and by eating more fat you reduce the saturated fats in our body (unhealthy) by around 3x….regardless of what fat you eat, i.e. you could eat all your fat caloric intake in saturated fat and it won't mean you'll get more saturated fat in your body, it just doesn't work that way!

Kitogentic diet also makes you burn body fat at least 3x faster (no sh** sherlock with my results of 5kg in only 7 days :D).

There's tons more extremely interesting information and amazing health benefits of this diet and from what little time i've been exposited to it (8 days now) i can see and feel the benefits of rapid body fat reduction, increased energy and productivity throughout the day, less food consumption (go figure :p) and much longer periods before becoming hungry again and last but not least my head is clear and no longer foggy (like daydreaming) as it would in the past.

Here's the video if you're interested, only 36 minutes:

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

drripper gosh that's a lot weight to loose in 1 week, be careful go slowly & think long term, so many different claims & credible studies around, but I'll watch that vid tomorrow, thanks for posting

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes i understand but the reason why i'm so confident in it is because it's independent scientific researchers with no conflicts of interest who are conducting these researches and 99% of doctors, nutritions, bloggers, etc do not actually know what they are truly saying and so goes the spread of dogma about what is good and what we should be eating and not eating and what is not safe….of which you get a lot of people saying ketogenics is not but not a single one of them have the science and evidence to back such claims.

When you listen and follow other researchers results in this field, the evidence is actually extremely compelling and confident.

I appreciate your worries though, truly. Your not the first person i told that i lost 5kg in 7 days and basically shouted down the ear piece when i called them how stupidly dangerous i'm being, lol. Then when they finish, i tell them about new/recent scientific research that shows how works, why it works and why it's not only completely safe but actually way healthier for our health (as well as to my pallet :p).

I'll keep everyone updated on how things are going. I'm also taking pictures of myself so you guys can see the rapid change from doing this amazing lifestyle change (i don't want to call it a diet now because the word diet has short term connotations, i'm making it my lifestyle choice).

ok, bed time here. Talk again tomorrow. Good night. ;)

14. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

What's this? Discussion about cutting and dieting?

KEEP IT UP GUYS!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  15. Jamie Shorting

16. Jamie Shorting

Looks like he cut the toes off of his shoes. :confused:

[​IMG]

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Holy S***!

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

GT6
    [​IMG]
    It's incredible what PD have done with the PS3!

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

wow, that is indeed amazingly photorealistic. But are you use that was taken on the ps3 and not the ps4?

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is GT6/PS3:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.