Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I would love the Howston's to undergo a large overhaul, visually too. I got a database of real cars to paint on the template, thinking even of doubling the resolution.

#WholeLolaLove
    #GiveUsChaparral

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

And when do howstons, make sounds like the T290 mod (yes T290 not T280) with regard to chassis/suspension squeaking most immersive sounding vehicle I've driven reminds me of RBR

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Like the sound of this... :)

4. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Cars with the longest time without updates:
    3/28/13 Marussia-Cosworth MR01
    4/22/13 Eve & Spark Historics
    5/9/13 Renault Megane
    6/13/13 Formula ISI Masters
    7/4/13 Williams JPH1B

I think those cars really need/deserve an update.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

I think Megane will surely be one of them, as Tim already stated few weeks ago.

6. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Megane was set to get an update as far as March/Aparil but was hold back so it seems for whatever reason. :) I remember Tim saying that he wanted to upload a vid of updated Sepang with new tonemapper (946 build) and updated Megane if I remember correctly.

So I assume it should be sooner or later. But yeah, I agree with Ozzy, those cars are in so much need of an update.

I'm super mega curious on how FISI and F2 changes after adding all of the new features and advancements to them. FISI is one of the most frustrating cars to drive for me and F2 used to be (haven't driven it for ages) fun but bizzare experience. If new steering system, ultra chassis flex, cpm and many others will make this car a completely new thing. It's an excitement for seeing how it puns out. Cars that I'm drooling myself to sleep every night are Super GTR and Speed 8. Once I get them and next few builds will make some significant changes and improvements in many areas... consider me dead because I will be in my chair dead out of hunger, thirst, not peeing, pooping and with a big smile on my face from days... weeks of driving nothing but those two. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2015
  7. sg333

sg333 Registered

I would love to have the new shape Clio Cup car, but probably just a physics update

8. Justy

Justy Registered

Is that a hopeful statement, or do you know what's in store? Lots of stuff seem to be happening for rF2 at the moment, exciting times. :)

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Or hopefully both. No reason not to have older and newer versions if ISI has licenses.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We don't. It's been offered, but we haven't added to the license with anything yet since I joined ISI except the updated 3.5.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Can you explain how a license works? How much you pay for it? Is it forever? Or they get a small % per sale? Or someone give it for free?

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Every scenario differs. Some do licensing through agencies, some deal directly with you.

The agencies try to get a lump sum (which they keep), then a royalty % deal of some sort ontop of that (which you often never reach - so the manufacturer often gets little or nothing).

They'll often have a time limit, 3-5 years. So you theoretically have to pull them from your product once it expires, unless you renew.

They can be expensive. A typical track that most sim racers look to have in their sims (an F1 track) is $25,000 USD for 3 years, and they wouldn't negotiate.

Some do give free licenses, if you're dealing with an agency you can forget that idea though.

It's generally not a nice thing to deal with unless you've got either a lot of debt or a lot of investors and can just pile on the content. It's also not really nice to work things out when your DLC is free.

So it can be a pain, often. :)

13. boxer

boxer Registered

Interesting stuff... how much time does it take to build a track... say a 2.88Km track? :)

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Interesting post indeed to get an insiders insight.

15. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

16. Tony

Tony Registered

Thanks for being so open & honest Tim - to see the non-negotiable figures some people want (& for a limited time scale) is surely eye-watering for an outfit not backed by investors/publishers, such as yourselves..

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Wow, that sucks D:
    I wish people involved in racing would be more flexible. That's one reason I never buy any sim that can't be easily modded (would never join iRacing for example if I had the money for it, even if I only race online). I know it's business but it's a very small market compared to other games... =/
    That seems to be what Reiza is going to face now with Formula Truck, very sad.

18. Miro

Miro Registered

Oh wow, that is a lot of cash there. :D
    What about cars, any easier?

19. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

That also says something about manufacturer - they don't care much about licensing their brand.
    I can understand that - hosting an F1 race costs hundreds of millions. No wonder no one is interested in some % out of 25k bucks. It's a waste of time for track owner to negotiate, so they outsource it, not even caring if it's going to be licensed and if they're going to get paid if it's licensed. It's just getting rid of some unnecessary and (relatively) unprofitable work (spending time talking with game developers).

So such agency's job is pretty much getting game developers of brand owner's back. And that function alone gives them profits they ask for.
    I guess it's called evolution - a service that produces nothing (not even mediating or negotiating between two parties), but found it's place on the market :)

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

$25K much better spent on development/updating of fantasy tracks