Tim's Tweets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

With all due respect you guys should start to see the guys that complain for this kind of reason as the guys that have supported ISI since the beggining of RF2 instead of calling them cragy guys or broken records!

I know how it works you don't need to explain me that but I also know as you know, that for all in life there's always solutions, even for that, and you already point one some posts before this one.

Now if you tell me that you don't improve even more that kind of stuff because you are satisfied with the result I'll keep my mouth shut and keep my opinion for me.

I'm a perfectionist so I always look for the best result possible or at least the best that I can do with my knowledge!

2. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500. totaly agree!! its possible, dont say its not!

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, as I said, it's mostly just a matter of artistic preference.

But an on-board should be a fairly objective measure -- thanks for supplying one. Why do I look at this video and see track surface and curbs that look more like 1.43 and you see presumably the same and think it looks more like 2.00? If people can't even see the same things in a video of the actual track, there isn't much point to discuss the topic.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Here is a video with good exposure and at least 720p. Looks pretty spot on to me.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

See, that's the thing - I didn't say I disagreed. :)

Reading his posts is starting to make my head explode with lunacy, not because of what he is trying to say, but because of what he is saying. It'll reach the point where he's barely acknowledged and probably ignored. I'd prefer that not to happen to me or anyone else every time his avatar/name is spotted. That would be the real loss I'd wish to avoid.

7. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

For starters, there NEVER has been any point to discuss that.
    Second, you compare the ingame freshly painted kerbs (yes, shocking news, sometimes the track people maintain their tracks, including paint their kerbs before a series comes to the track) to a video from a qualifying session, ie which had all the practices before.

So your point, not only is useless, but is wrong, because with real road, at some point, the kerbs will get the dirty look you seem to enjoy so much.

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

9. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Great explanation, Tuttle. I'm happy with ISI RR:)

10. Superdevil

Superdevil Registered

With all due respect, there's plenty of people who have supported ISI since the beginning of RF2 who DO NOT complain over such things, so please don't make it seem like you are some elite group who know what's best for RF2. :)

It's just that some people seem to complain a lot more than others. Like, all the time. About everything. :) In this case, Marc was complaining before the track was even released... so yeah, I don't blame Tuttle at all for responding like he did. In fact, I appreciate him taking the time to explain everything like he did. Now we can all move on and let this thread go back to being about "Tim's Tweets" - just like the title says. :)

11. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah it is probably subjective to high degree. I don't see the potholes in the road on these real life onboards as I see them on 1.43, also the curbs IRL look more clean white to my eye than in 1.43. The grass could do with some more depth and variation perhaps in 2.0.

12. hariseldon

hariseldon Registered

Not a Tim Tweet as such but the Facebook page is saying the demo content will be changing soon. Anyone know what to?

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

STOCK CARS!

Just a wild guess. :D

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thats pretty wild imo.

im not sure what it is now but i recall seeing it recently and thinking it was bad (for a demo). the civic and silverstone was pretty great, only real issue with it was fwd cars are more of a rarity.

the indycar wouldnt be a bad bet, as far as tracks go i think itd be nice to show off one of the new ones & i think AMP is too technical so i guess indycar + portugal is my guess/suggestion.

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Well Howstons would most definitely scare people off so I'm going with surprise update to Sparks/Eves @ Brianza...

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

You forgot one important detail in your considerations. It's ISI's decision which kind of business model they want use not your's.
    I'm 100 % sure they are aware of advanteges or disadvantages of the different possible models.

so please calm down

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

aaaaaaand we are back in the room!

I reckon it might be stockcars to! Stockcars are a big things or rFactor 2 and may open it up to a bigger audience.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'd like to see something like I suggested a few pages back. Two modern cars (GT, open-wheel), an old car, a modern track and a classic track. Silverstone doesn't look as great as some other courses but may still be the best baseline track.

19. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Problem is that that is a year's worth of entertainment.

20. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

rF2 facebook:

"Stock cars will probably get into the demo in a future build, not the next one."

:p