Slower Slo-Motion for Replays

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by FONismo, Aug 8, 2012.

1. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Just wondering if this is planned for replays? Right now it's till too fast for me. Is it possible to get an option to slow it further like iRacing has? Right now if you want to slow it down further it requires using video editing software which makes it look horrible. Only other way is Twixtor but then you need crazy frames to get that looking good.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+1

Would love to see a few in-game settings to influence the speed of the slow-mo

FONismo, if we dont get this, and after we have protested on twitter and facebook etc. you can also change the replay speed in one of the ini files. i forgot which it was but probably the Player file.
    i've done this in rf1 as well, works realy well in shooting video scene's.

But, different speeds in-game would be an awesome feature indeed.

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Excellent i was not aware of this. I will take a look, thanks.

4. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I couldn't find anything related to slomotion within the ini file. Only replay fidelity etc. If you find it, please LMK. Would be good though if ISI do read this and do include some sort of tool to do so in game.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Just had a quick look in rf1 ini files, no luck so far. It has been a long while ago since i changed these values, i even had the thread bookmarked but its on the old rsc....

I will check again and post it up if i found it.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

What about controlling replay speed with some controller? For example mouse roller, analogue joystick or so?

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Guys i've been trying to find it but no luck so far.

i can see the changes i made in the controller.ini but when testing the difference i found no difference.

the differences are from my moviemaker profile and my normal profile.

In my moviemaker controller.ini the changes are:
    Code:
    HMD Left/Right Range="0.35000" // Range to apply to left/right tracking or camera controls (0.5 = max, -0.5 = reversed max)
    and
    Code:
    Freemove Forward Speed="4.00000" // Freemove Forward speed.
    Freemove Down Speed="4.00000" // Freemove Down speed.
    Freemove Right Speed="6.00000" // Freemove Right speed.
    Been so long since i changed this. i guess it needs some experimenting going from very low numbers to very high and check the differences in replay speed. maybe even a combo.

Not much help but a direction anyways, i see the rf2 files is pretty much the same in this respect.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
  8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I've never tried it with replays to set to a analogue device but i do have free-look with mouse and zoom in/out with my pedals and all of them are very laggy and practically unusable.
    In rf1 that is, maybe they improved it with rf2.

The wheel works better though, i have set my wheel left/right to the freelook camera left/right (so i can move a free camera over the track) and that works pretty smooth.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Just found this thread Nismo but it`s something I`d like to see in rf2 also... hope it gets implemented as soon as. :)