Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I am tying out this BTSync so whoever wants to try it, here is the read only secret for all tracks (when you install BTSync copy and paste this into the "I have a secret" field, then point the download folder to your Packages folder):

B3HVVBST4G3OTWSDODO34PC573T6WNFM7

Be warned that it is not simple to selectively download and that there is around 10 Gb of tracks already.

I have added most (all?) of the new tracks but if there is any old track version or even missing track, please let me know.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I am in for a test. It works somehow :confused:

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

In test, seems to work.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If you click on the devices tab you will see all the people that are actively syncing this folder and you will also notice they all have a cloud icon. I am guessing this is because these people don't have there firewalls setup correctly? Make sure your router supports UPNP and if not, manually forward the correct port.

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

From my view you are the only one with a cloud icon. I forward the port and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is interesting. I have several other folders that are syncing that devices with the direct icon on them.

I need to read up on the causes of the Cloud icon. I looked on my firewall ad you can see the openings from UPNP. Maybe I should hard map the port just to be safe.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't understand why I can do direct connects to some devices but not all. Here is a screenshot. You can see that I have a few devices that are direct. I am guessing that cloud assisted connections will be much slower than direct.

[​IMG]

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't understand why I can do direct connects to some devices but not all. Here is a screenshot. You can see that I have a few devices that are direct. I am guessing that cloud assisted connections will be much slower than direct.

BTSync.png

9. Zizza

Zizza Registered

noel you have 1.1.69 version.... i have downloaded the program 5 mins ago and i have 1.1.48.... :confused:

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

They release new builds on the forum for a little while before linking to them on the main page and enabling auto update. If you want it now you can get it here:
    http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/19228-latest-sync-build-1169/

BTW, you are the only person in my device list for this share that has a direct connection. This is so odd.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Abriel, I noticed there is a dat file left over from your torrent client that is syncing. IT isn't all that big but I am afraid it will change often and get anoying. If you enable hidden files in explorer you will see a file in your packages folder called:
    .SyncIgnore

You can open that file and add this line at the end:
    Code:
    ~uTorrentPartFile*

I think you have to restart BTSync after changing the file but not real sure.

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Weird Noel, as far as I can see both your locations are indirect connections, all other are direct connections except one. Also from your picture you cannot connect directly to anyone except your own device if you look only at this share. Not sure what would be the cause that would allow you to connect to some and not to others.

13. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Also I don't have have any dat file there, must be something on your end.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The dat file is most likely hidden. Enable hidden files and you should see it. I am syncing to a brand new folder so the uTorrent temp file had to come from somewhere.

As for direct connects, I now have a direct connect from Zizza too. I ran a port testing tool and it shows most of the people as having open ports so it should connect. Very odd.

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I have hidden files enabled and I see only 1 folder (.SyncArchive)and 2 files (.SyncID and .SyncIgnore) other than the rfcmp files. Maybe that dat file is something that the BTSync creates?

16. Zizza

Zizza Registered

uhm strange...

I have the auto upnp active in my modem ... can be possible that depend on it?

17. fredRacer

fredRacer Registered

seems to work fine. thanks Abriel.
    but sorry I think I made a doublon with the files : Ring Tourist - pleclair - v0.80.rfcmp and Ring_Tourist_0.80.rfcmp

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It is mandatory to forward the port that you see in the settings but if your router supports UPnP it will do that for you.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This is a read only hash so you can't add your own files. Actually, you can add them, they just don't get synced to anyone. It is actually safe to set the destination to your normal packages folder. It will not wipe anything out. It will just download anything you don't already have. This is only safe though because it is a read only hash.

20. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

up and running all seems ok. 10 devices , synced with 5, downloading apparently complete

is there a master list of tracks somewhere ?? or should I just delete earlier versions of the same track ?? I have a couple of cars in that folder too, will that frog things up ?? new btsync for car mods ??