Download - All locations (torrent)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Abriel Nei, Aug 7, 2012.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why bring religion into it and you are the one whining not me ???

If you opened your eyes you would see I have posted 10 times why.

BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THE BANDWIDTH OR UPLOAD SPEED ...................or I would have...... 18months ago ........ Oh dear me.......... .lmao

You would also see I offered my help to anyone wants to do it in any way I could help.

ie: Screenshots for content, gathering permissions, folder and torrent structures. etc. etc.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I am, would it not be hugely helpful to newbies ?

To have one torrent you get all help and support tutorials, site and utube links.
    Setups, skins , HDR, realroad.

One Click, download 100 files, automatically put in folders, all done, besides being able to select only the stuff you want.

OR

Clicking on a 100 separate downloads, then extracting and copying or checking paths are correct.
    Easy, not for mine. :)

Yes it would take a huge effort for sure, I never meant to imply one person could do it.
    Maybe a rF2 torrent site ?
    All permission stuff submitted and sought out, added say weekly to each torrent.
    Having more then one torrents would decrease downtime.
    Screenshots and testers reviews etc
    Bandwidth would be minimal.

It would not need to be different content for instance a setup torrent could be sectioned by driver by car by track each with its own userdata tree.

It would not just be one huge list.

Also for you to get a setup added to torrent you would have to fill out the Notes Box first, something hardly anyone does as it is.

You would also have to include readmes which would get fowarded to the right folder tree
    ( IE : rFactor2/ support / Tracks /Readmes ) no matter what torrent you use

I am just making the distinction that these file sharing sites carry illegal content and make money from it and have been used as the primary way to upload add ons for years and ever growing while torrents has been largely ignored because sim sites seem to think they should not be associated with them or something.

What other reason could it possibly be. ?
    So they can get donations ? which a lot of time does not even meet the costs.

It has taken a decade but more sim developers and sites are using them.

If you make a torrent you are making no money, what you are doing though is helping others.

There is too many advantage to torrents to even compare to other methods for mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  3. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

ouch!

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What ?

Classy , use someones old uboob ................ lmao ( oh dear )

Do you have you a single intelligent thing to say on the subject or are you just being antagonizing ?

I just redownloaded Nords from torrent , heaps of seeders on there and got 800KB/s

NOW you show me ! where I get that bandwidth for nothing anywhere else. ???

WELL ! ??? I waiting ! lol ;)

You do not even have to be a ISI member to get the torrent it is that easy.........

So the torrent is faster then any free download so they should be up kept and improved.

Yes I would have done it already if I had the bandwidth and upload. ..Dur

FACE PALM..

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  5. tyszczak

tyszczak Registered

6. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Maybe I'm wrong but I presume everybody knows you prefer torrent! ;)

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

If he believes in what he says i encourage him to keep it up. He has an objective and pursues it by preeching his message everytine it comes to account. I do that myself and I will not give up easily either.

But I can confirm ehat you say as well Oliver :p

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

8. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

http://www.gamefront.com/ ... 1.2-1.5 mb/sec free to download/upload and join

http://games.on.net/filelist/?app=815 ... 1.5-2.5 mb/sec free to make an account and download

always have used these over your slow ass torrents

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I personally don't like torrents. I associate torrent programs with viruses. Also download speed isn't steady usually which I don't like.

Easier to just download straight from some site, torrents are nerd stuff.

But if some torrent is only source that gathers up all the content then I would probably use it.

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

So I haven't read the 11+ pages of this but are we back at square one now? Another enormous benefit of this thread was knowing what was new. Darnit. What happened? Where do we go now? :confused:

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I let ISI have my last word on the subject :)

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

How about reading the text at the top of the official rf2 downloads page? :)

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We'll continue to use them, when needed. Recent releases, Dropbox has worked very well.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Ummmmm.... OK..... Done. And your point is?

Edit - Actually nevermind. http://www.rsrf.de/rf2-tracks/ is back in business. Problem solved.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Better to support a site hosts pilfered no permission tracks hey.

Oh dear

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It is not my torrent, my torrent would not have no permission content for a start.

..........and where are the rF2 files on those sites........ Huh ?

slow arsed torrent BS ! lol ( 800KB/s is my max , I have 8000-352 and that is what I get)

Lastly torrents you don't have to join or register with anyone, or do what you told like a child.

FAIL

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  17. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

you asked for free sites faster than torrents...I gave you 2

the rest of your post is irrelevant ...

this thread proves why your torrent idea wont work...for whenever the person that is looking after the torrent gets bored, moves on, dies in a plane crash etc etc the torrent quickly becomes useless...

keep whinging though...it makes you look so cool :cool:

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't worry about me, I cracked another load-cell JB. lopl

I don't think it is whining, maybe if I keep it up I get more people that are interested and have similar ideas
    to mine. Looking ahead when rF2 realroad and hdr and setups are finalized.

I am not against locations threads, other sites or using media fire but seems to me there is a lot of people put torrents down without having a reason to do so.

Torrents will disappear sure.
    Sites and all their downloads and other sorts of methods do the same sometimes.
    I fail to see the difference. ?

I agree with you JB many reasons why torrents or other downloads disappear.

Which is my point for keeping it up, I have had a fair few people tell me they like the idea.
    As I said and you see I do not have the bandwidth to do it myself or it would be less talkin' and more doin'
    ;)

It is not just torrents no matter what the download wouldn't it be great you can package 50 F3 setups, HDR and realroad as a example in one download all pathed to correct folders ?

Torrents make it easy to update the downloads, rather then 5/6 people updating individual track downloads the torrent can do it all one hit, once a week say.

A few of use are going to get a F3 EVE skins, setups, HDR , tutorials torrent going.

So anyone has good stuff please package correctly and pm me with it.
    Also make sure all setups have custom name and information box used please.

BTW How does sarcasm help , yeah I think I am really cool man.

ffs lol

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I agree. Uploading a file takes time for most users. Some will have a higher upload rate than others but in general is usually slow. However, DD excuses himself because of it and throws the responsibility for other so that he can comfortably enjoy them. I personally don't like torrents (I actually hate them in fact). ISI made use of them at the beginning but for some reason they stopped using them for downloads.

This thread was interesting at a certain stage where lack of content was a fact. Now this has radically changed. Having all tracks in one torrent is just stupid IMO since the size will never decrease.

So as John said: DIY if you want but please quit trying to convince others about it. You start to get tiring, man

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Abriel Nei, have you ever heard of BTSync? It is sort of like DropBox but serverless by using the BitTorrent protocol. Basically you share a folder on your computer and it gives you a hash (kind of like a magnet link) which you then pass out to anyone who wants to sync to your folder. You can do a two way hash or a read only hash.

I think your all locations torrent would be a perfect candidate for BTSync. Basically you would just share your folder with BTSync and then generate a read only hash and paste it in this thread. The advantage is that people will not have to come here and redownload the latest torrent when a new track comes out. All you have to do is drop the new track in your folder and everyone automatically gets a copy... They would even get a popup notification that a new track just finished syncing. And just like the torrent, everyone that is syncing with your folder will also be distributing the bandwidth load. The only disadvantage that I can think of is it isn't easy for people to pick and choice which tracks they want to download. It downloads everything in the folder. There is a file you can edit on the client side that you can edit with a text editor to exclude files from syncing but this isn't that practical. The tool is still in development and they have been adding stuff frequently so maybe one day they will add a GUI for filtering or picking which files to sync. I personally don't mind having every track sync. It will take awhile to do the first sync but after that it will just be one track here and there. Harddrive space is cheap (as long as your cmps are on a rotating drive). I guess you could also offer a BTSync hash and a torrent for those that don't want to use BTSync.

If you want to read up on it you can look here:
    http://new.bittorrent.com/n70234j405/a/

I have been using it a ton lately for distributing things all over the place. It works great!