HQ V8 Ute's by EWE **WIP**

Discussion in 'Series' started by Golly, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golly

Golly Registered

Oh agree with the feel. In my opinion its the best out there currently pipping Evo of the perch for me. Its just the other stuff like I said thats getting our goat up. I do love the F3's alot if fun for sure...time will tell...but I feel they are going the wrong way about it considering this is a modders/drivers sim.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Give it time I'm sure ISI will answer although sometimes their silence is quite deafening! Dirt pics have been seen and from what I recall from the Forums before it is planned but simply not any time soon, looks like their getting the "tarmac" side of stuff sorted first (IMO) then looking at other avenues. Might be some time before we get Dirt so if I were you I'd just concentrate on your Road side of the mod and patiently wait for ISI to either speak up or eait months/years before proper Dirt development. I mean they could say "yeah its coming" and you'd get all excited but it could be coming in 1,2,3...years!?!

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's been plenty of information about dirt, as much as can be. I've answered on Twitter, on Facebook and in the forums many times.

MarcG sums up the position pretty well, don't expect anything this year, and maybe don't expect it next year. Expect it when it's done. We are working on what we're working on now, and have vast plans for changeable dirt surfaces for both oval racing and off road. But again, don't expect it until it's done.

How this will help you, I have no idea. But this is the information you are asking for that you can get.

4. ESP=EWE=

ESP=EWE= Registered

We are only working on a tarmac version as we simply have no info in regards to the dirt world & to get our feet wet with how rf2 works

You mean just like rf2

5. ESP=EWE=

ESP=EWE= Registered

No one expects anything we were simply asking for further details about what may be planned & how it may work.

Fantastic and we look forward to it when it gets here

Again no one expects anything

6. Golly

Golly Registered

Yeah gee thanks Tim...one two three years..nice
    I bought rf2 for the dirt teasers...yet year or two away... Nice marketing...got my money

7. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

yeah, stick it out to beta and get a big cash injection for the company... as far as I am concerned this is total and utter bull turd, you only have to take a look at gollys avatar to see what sort of stuff our crew is able to do, all we get here is snubbed. so once again with the dirt stuff we are left behind, or have to figure **** out for ourselves.

you released a set of tools and half of the features that will need to be enable for the model to work in game are not enabled in game, so we get errors,cant check how our model will actually perfom...

and with Assetto Corsa coming out in the near future I think we will turn or efforts towards that rather than sitting here waiting for stuff that will only happen, when ISI decided they are ready...

ISI expect us to create the content yet give us crud to work with..

you only have to look at all the crappy max files, some of which eg. the driver biped example give error messages wit later versions of max ( 2010 and above) as they do not have the required files ( walk cycles etc ).

As far as I am concerned you can take rFactor 2 and jam it where the sun dont shine, and would like to officially thank ISI in advance for all the fun and enjoyment I am going to get modding and playing Assetto Corsa... because I have just uninstalled rFactor 2 and will not be putting it back on

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes because it's an ongoing project and not something that will be stopped once gold ISI said this from the very beginning, there will be future enhancements in all sorts of areas for years to come as ISI again have stated.

As for deci he's not exactly giving your mod team a good rep with his attitude...don't slam the door on your way out mate...and I look forward to your work in AC if it's any good!

9. Golly

Golly Registered

Deci is who he is, thats why we love him hahah.. He is passionate about what he does. We mod for our group and our fans not the haters, cause they will always hate mate, nothing will stop them. Of course we mainly care about our requirements.. hell we are a dirt group and also as you can see the speedway groups are just as concerned and disheartened with Tims response. We were modding also for the tarmac side of things in Rf2, cause we can :) but again with the fob off from ISI about our wishes and concerns for down the track, then its a loss to the rf2 community not hours. We are not going to wait for 1 to 2 years for a maybe on dirt... don't be silly now.

EWE will mod for another platform.. will it be AC will be GTR3, who knows... you will see our work somewhere...

John - A little patience never hurt anyone.... Patience I understand... 3 weeks for an answer to our concerns is not professional considering we have all bought this product. We were not after specifics, just a possible timeline and or what to expect. Nascar is already catered for... there is an oval track already in the beta so Nascar is on the radar, RF1 already had Nascar vehicles, never had offroad vehicles the community made those. If dirt was on the way, dont you think there should of been a dirt track in the beta to give the other groups something to work on ... come on the screenies were released of what looked like a completed track, yet we have to wait 2 possible years, take our money now but do not give us the opportunity to see how we can mod for it... it was a modders beta remember... anyway...

Good bye RFactor and thanks for your support to all those RF1/2 fans of ours... love your work as always and we have enjoyed the experience learned alot, but the love affair with ISI is over for us, Golly out...

10. ROON

ROON Registered

With all due respect, why spit the dummy when this is clearly a beta period? Hell, there's even a significant amount of features for the road-racing side of things which are yet to be implemented. This is a testing phase, an incomplete product, a work in progress. I hear your complaints regarding a lack of information: even when ISI claim to have kept people updated, the info is scattered and never easily obtainable. But I still think you should give rF2 the benefit of doubt until it's at least reached v1.0 (ie. gone Gold release).

Perhaps continue focusing your efforts on rF1 or what ever other sims you work with, and come back to rF2 when it's officially reached the point where ISI can consider it a Gold release. Kicking up such a ****-storm just seems immature when all of us are still waiting on certain features, not just you dirt guys.

I REPEAT, it's a Beta! Keep calm, game on!

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm so ISI should stop everything and concentrate just on Dirt physics just so you're happy? How about they drop everything to make the Graphics better? or drop everything to release full Karting specs? or drop everything to ake the AI the greatest ver in the whole wide world?.....Talk about toys out the pram.....and has AC or GTR3 even got Dirt physics!? (genuine question dont actually know!) and how long before they come out?!?....and what if they add Dirt physics later down the line and not when Gold?! what will you do then? eh? eh? eh?!

Some peoples attitudes in the sim racing community truly beggar belief at times!

12. Golly

Golly Registered

I have requested our WIP thread be deleted. As stated by another person, time to move on....
    You have your beliefs, your entitled to it, so are we. Customer(Mod Group) service here is the argument, nothing else.

Have a great day! :) Oh... for the record I love RF2 tarmac haha... just not into being treated like this from someone who has my hard earned dollars already.. Im the stupid one....yeah... I fell for it...its principle.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm missing something, perhaps. Treated like what? Clearly there is some unhappiness because your type of racing is lower in the development schedule than what we're currently doing. So is endurance racing, so is oval racing, so are the rest of the historic vehicles that I'd like to be built first. That's the part of an ongoing development you may have to get used to if you want to be involved in it.

The dirt teasers, which I assume is the two screenshots released in 2008(?) are still current, they use rF1 technology and you could probably build that now for rFactor2 (or rF1). But we want to do better than that, we want rF2 technology. If that isn't something you want, that's OK. If you do feel like another product, which I don't think has even mentioned dirt, is better suited to your needs, then I'm not sure anything I say could convince you otherwise. I'm a little confused why you were asking anyway, if this better option is available.

I'll certainly close the thread though, good luck with your modding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.