rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Actually, blakboks was right - you did jump to conclusions. Many of the errors we report here is likely something developers are allready aware of, but decided to leave them out in current build anyway. 1st group of testers may have reported these allready, but it's not up to them to decide when given bug is fixed.

Look at it this way - many of errors we report doesn't get fixed straight away either. We reported black mirrors in '60 cars 3 builds ago and it's still not fixed. Does it mean we're doing a bad job, because bug still exist? No, we did what we could and now we have to wait for devs to fix it when they choose to. We can't make them fix it - it's not up to us, neither it's not up to 1st group of testers.

This is exactly what blakbox explained. And maybe these black mirrors are fixed allready? Who knows - since we can use virtual mirrors instead, ISI could have decided there's no need to release an update to '60 mod for that reason alone. It could be fixed allready and we don't even know it.

And I would be more careful with calling people names. To be honest, while blaboks comment contained criticism towards you and while I don't fully agree with all he said, your response was just rude.

1 person likes this.
  2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I suppose moose was a bit...nude? LOL

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Yes I agree. It seems they removed this logo after I posted LOL :D

5. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

When I go to update it says game is already up to date?

6. JvM

JvM Registered

Did you put the file in the updates folder and press the big button with the kart pic in it?

7. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Sean, you have to download the update, put it into the updates folder and start the launcher. From there click on the update tab, click on either the go kart for automatic, or the query button for manual. If you chose manual, click install once it see's the update.

8. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Thank you , but I don't want to do that , I want to click on update and it updates. Thanks Cheers. :)

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Then I guess you just don't update Sean. This is the way it is currently done in the beta.

1 person likes this.
  10. Dukey_40

Dukey_40 Registered

I've tried downloading the torrent file, get 100% complete, a status of 'seeding' and just sits there?? Is there an alternative file available yet to download normally (..put in the updates folder)??

Apologies if i've missed the boat here..normally do lol..

11. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If the status is seeding, then you are done with the download and can right click on the file name in your torrent program and choose open location. From there you can copy that file and paste in the updates folder and update rF2.

12. Dukey_40

Dukey_40 Registered

Thanks for clarifying Gearjammer...have downloaded it now..

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Couple of Queries:

- Is Sun Occlusion working properly in this build? (AMD HD7850) I just turned it On and noticed no difference, will test again later when I have more time.

- Is it me or has the "cleaner" rubbered RealRoad line disappered in 101 as well? in B90 you could see the cleaner side of the track in certain light where the rubber was, now it just looks totally rubbered. Could be a difference of track I'm using maybe but just curious all the same!

ta

14. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

By the way.... my guess about the build number was correct! :D

I deserve a beer. Cheers!

1 person likes this.
  15. tjc

tjc Registered

16. RafBR

RafBR Registered

Multiview enabled now!
    Well, after one year dreaming that one day I would have multiview (eyefinity) here at home, now the dream came true! :D
    Soon I will post one link to my youtube account to share my rig setup.

A few advices for the ones having performance issues:
    -Set the maximum resolution available (here is 1920x1080).
    -Set antialiasing to none (the major performance eater here).
    -Set shadows to high, and not full (the second major performance eater).

Everything else I set to high or max/full and I am enjoying a lot this stuff. Serious, multiview is awesome!

My regards!

View attachment 3623

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

When I take antialiasing down, wooden grandstands at Monaco wave like they are ...waves. Are you sure about that?

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You can actually use shadows!?

Off them are, putting them to low takes some 20% of low fps and I fell under 60, this being with single screen of that resolution.

Antialiasing off too and to be honest can't spot any difference except if I stand still or take screenshots.

Depends a lot from card those setting I believe. My card was told to have nearly 0 impact of AA, but I don't know why they say that, fps indeed take huge hit with that.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I may go back to it and don't laugh but I spent a lot of effort getting everything i needed and setting everything up but in the end took everything back b/c could not run even lowest detail even on a 5900 series and tried everything and researched, etc. and never was able to get anything acceptable but I was running full resolution and only after I returned everything did someone with a 5900 series mention that he was very happy and all he had to do was lower resolution but doesn't everything look ugly then? don't get me wrong, multiview is absolutely amazing especially with FOV, etc. but isn't it ugly? again don't get me wrong b/c i think people obsessed with graphics are wrong and I believe rf1 graphics were fine and sincerely believe rf2 would be better off just discontinuing trying to make graphics better and especially not try to compete and inevitably lose against Asseto Corsa and others at their own game but still I like high resolution so are you serious that it is not ugly with low resolution or am i misunderstanding and you are actually using higher than 1920 by 1080?

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Or you could just say thanks to me and bow to me knowledge.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/5971-New-Ati-Driver?p=91252&viewfull=1#post91252