rFactor2 Build 101 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Obviously, coops's job isn't in the PR department :)

Sorry to contradict you coops, but there are a couple of flaws with your thinking. First off, the in house testers or closed beta testers if they are not staff are likely not getting paid to test any more than we are. Second, those testers may have been given directives to look at something specific to find bugs and not look at things overall, leading to them missing some things. Third, inhouse and closed beta testers are usually limited in numbers and therefor will not represent a very wide range of hardware that might be used to play this sim. Without the massive amounts of variation that is out there to test on, there is no way they could find all the bugs. Lastly, everyone does things a little different, some try and destroy the game just to find bugs, others just race and expect to find bugs but might not.

The problem with beta testing is that for the most part it is all just random messing around that finds the bugs. Structured testing will only find bugs that present themselves under specific conditions, but will miss quite a few that don't follow those structures.

Will the guys in the open testing who discover all the bugs make better closed testers? Possibly, but it all depends on how they test and if they are given free reign to do as they wish when they wish as they have now. I imagine it also depends on motivation. What motivates them now to find those bugs and what would keep them motivated?

After looking at coops's profile, I am guessing he isn't staff, he is most likely just a fanboy.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Anyone can use this logo as his avatar.
    Staff has additional ISI stamp below avatar and this is the one saying Staff / Tester.

3. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

I donĀ“t know about coops but i own the company. Look to my avatar me and my girlfriend.
    Send me a PM with $50 bucks and sent to you a link with gold release of rf2 and pics from her.
    The software is ready but we from ISI like to tease people. When forum starts to boil we release small updates to people calm down and we laugh a lot.

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Cool! How do I attach my $50 to a PM? ;) For the game, of course...

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

[​IMG]

It says dollars...

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Sorry, i will believe in canada when i see one.
    And the money is for the pics, the main product. Rf2 Gold release is a gift.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Gift?? We already paid for it.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Just don't pay for the pics, take just a gift :D

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

He didnt imply anything of such, he's been here long enough anybody to think so, but I guess you havent.
    Reading your posts with interest, but last remark was quite rude, expertboy.

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Maybe it's time for me to submit recipe #2 for cooking with nuts.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

lol, nuts would be nice, with a Johnie walking on ice too Jim :)

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

oh, I see, you belong to that "Ice Walker" club.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Johnie Swimmer nowdays, while on holidays :)

14. coops

coops Banned

gd explanation of things tyvm better than some smart arse comments which you have seen and no i am not a fanboy or have anything to do with ISI Tim gave me this after posting a nude pic as my avatar im sure he will give it to you if you ask.

15. coops

coops Banned

tyvm not many ppl usally stick up for others in forums its more on how can we jump dwn your throat first b4 explaining things

16. coops

coops Banned

also glad you picked on me and left others alone no need to thank me.

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Actually anyone can have that logo as their avatar. Go to "settings", then "edit avatar", then "pre-defined ISI logos", then choose "ISI logo" in the drop down menu.

<---- See I just changed mine to it ;)

18. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Actually, I was sticking up for the first batch of testers, because you jumped down their throats essentially calling them incompetent. It works both ways.

Nobody else made hasty, misinformed, brash comments. Can we drop this discussion in the public forums now? If you have any other snide remarks, please just PM me.

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Bad idea. If more people starts using the same ISI avatar should be a pain to follow a thread, who is who?...:)

20. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Actually the term fanboy I used was not meant as a derogatory statement, only that coops was a fan of ISI and wanted to show his support for ISI by using the avatar. However if you prefer to think that it was meant to demean, then by all means, carry on.