Out of the numbers of people that bought RF1 and RF2 what % race online ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jameswesty, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I would love to know this !

Kunos Simulazioni made the bold statement that only 15-20% of people that buy driving sims race on-line , obviously Rf1 is the most popular of the sims for league racing but even then what % of users would you say play Rf1 on-line ?

It would be interesting to hear from forum members if they race on-line more than ofline , though I expect people that are active on the forum would also be active on-line.

1 person likes this.
  2. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Create a Poll!

(That's excitement, not yelling :) )

3. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

+1

4. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I have never had an online race with any sim.

The reason I don't is, lag. I don't like lag and don't like causing lag. Living in country Australia, its hard to avoid. Lag ruins peoples fun. I save the lag for 3dshooters.

5. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Registered

I think most of people. I play only MP in rF1, there are many leagues, I play every 2 weeks one race + some practice. Offline with AI is good for few laps.

6. coops

coops Banned

never played offline: online only way to race and meet ppl and not so bloody boring

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Both and Both.

Race Online...never offline.

Practice both on and off.

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Play online some times but the gap in seconds to the leaders scares me a bit. With AI at 100% get top ten and have challenge to win the pole if i´m familiarizide with the circuit. Online i´m at least 5 seconds slower than the pole.

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I play mostly offline but occasionally dabble with online.

If I were to put money on it I'd wager that out of all the people who got rF1 about 5-15% (though it might even be as high as Kunos' figures) play online any significant amount of the time. On the message boards etc. the online populace is naturally overrepresented, because the offline player has very little incentive to speak about his gaming online.

10. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Online only.

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mostly offline, reckon it's about a 80/20 split usually although currently more like 99/1!
    When online league racing then 70/30 in favour of offline.

12. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Online league racer, offline for most practice and testing.

13. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

i mostly play offline, because seldom the track-car combination i want to drive in that moment has a server with many people on it. on the other hand, i hate playing offline, because the AI is so bad on most circuits. i have them on 105 to 110 percent, and on tracks like corft, they still are 6 to 8 seconds slower than me in qualy...in race it gets even worse.

14. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Nowadays I only play offline. Problem with online gaming is other people and their personalities.

1 person likes this.
  15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I dont mind a bit of offline racing from time to time, like when i have mates round n stuff. Thing is when rf2 1st dropped my pc spec where poor so i only really raced offline, now I have a new system Ive been online racing much more and the competition is so much better it forced me to learn so much more about the car and track, my lap times have dropped massivley.
    I just dont push against the AI like I do with some of the dudes online.

16. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Man I know where your coming from, theres some real sheet heads out there, but also some diamond geezers too ;)

17. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Trick with online is to get with a good club, I race exclusively with club members and we have a whale of a time. Public races are...well lets just say if that's all there was I'd get another hobby :)

18. jtbo

jtbo Registered

It started to go bad somewhere around 2005 I guess, before that there were codes and it was clear to everyone to follow those codes, quite similar way Internet was ruined bit after Google came in, before that we knew how to act and behave, now it is like there is some 10 year olds around screaming around.

Maybe I just have become old? :rolleyes:

3G mobile internet connection of astonishing speed of 0.5MBit is of course another reason there is no online gaming for me, but also that I prefer building over racing, I really don't race, 99% of time alone in practise mode, with rF2 in mod dev mode. Just this week I actually managed to test all car types in single player, but for some it was half a lap and probably will take year or more to return to those vehicles.

I don't really need new content, well some tracks might be nice, but most current cars in rF2 for example are not interesting for me, too modern.

AI then, well, they are bit braindead with soft suspension, skinny tires and lot of torque, I need to try to make them behave of course, but they seem to be something not very interesting to race with, besides why would I race when I can try new approaches with tire making or finetune suspension, try to figure out aerodynamics?

I spend more time to research, study logs and creating spreadsheets than on track, maybe my fun is bit different from most.

For me rF1&rF2 are just platforms to re-create vehicles.

19. ROON

ROON Registered

I play online in rF2 but never in rF1, because it was too hard to join servers without mismatches. I'd like to join a league, but the set race times bother me. I'd love a league where I can pick and chose which races I want to partake in, instead of having to commit to an entire season (two races per week for example).

20. CraigT

CraigT Registered

I had always raced offline (since Nascar 1) but when the rF1 Demo came out with one car and one track I ventured online. I then realized I been missing out on alot of fun. Now, I even hate to practice offline.
    I am even started racing GPL online.
    If you have never raced online, I strongly suggest that you give it a try. There are some great leagues out there that would love have you join them (i.e. speedracin.com WGTL League)