How come nobody is using rFactorCentral for new content?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by call-911, Jul 30, 2012.

1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I dont see where anyone is telling anybody what to do. We are just answering the question posed in the threads title. Don't read between the lines because there's nothing there.

I do remember when rfc was contemplating their business model, that modders felt betrayed like they would have no control, but anyone with any common sense knows that would have been illegal for Ignite to do, hence why it didn't work and they didn't do it. Still, it scared many modders away from rfc, thus the answer to the threads question.

2. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Even if it were true that i have pirated software--which i assume is what you mean by ripping--I'll allow you to invoke silly scripture when I pirate, say, Photoshop, steal some of it's code and present it to the world as Photomart. Deal?

And only my last comment quickly touched on whether i think it's wrong or OK to rip others work and use it as your own (crediting in a readme without permission does not get you out of this), my main point in this thread was simply to say that most ripped mods are total rubbish in terms of physics, and that's a good reason to bypass F1 Classics altogether.

I think there are quite a few people out there that have no idea there is this moral controversy with some mods. At least by airing it in public, those people can then decide if they find it acceptable or not, but at least they get a chance to choose instead of join somewhere like F1 classics with no knowledge that what you do there is questionable in the eyes of the true modding community who make the best mods and respect one anothers work.

Just seems to me you dislike any debate suggesting your site is a bit dodgy. Well don't make a dodgy site, then. And let people decide for themselves if they support it or not, but don't get mad when they have issues with it.

1 person likes this.
  3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Whats the point of accusing someone? I do not understand the anger about what others do? If it is a police understand it, but I think that there is much resentment. There are political that stolen money to children but instead is attacking someone who does something a pc game.

4. Duvel

Duvel Registered

This is a forum about rfactor, no? So there is your answer.

Just because some people discuss passionately their views on something trivial in the scheme of the worlds problems doesn't mean they don't care or put thought or time into more meaningful things.

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Discuss passionately their views is something, accusing someone is other thing and yes this a rFactor forum, not "The Usual Suspects" forum.
    And i don't want go trought personal issues, maybe you people can meet together and talk, at least virtually.

6. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Well it looks like there is going to be a new modders hub opening soon. I can't say who they are yet but I got contacted with an invitation to support the new site and post our mods there. Apparently they will allow modders to post mods for rF, rF2, RACE07, Asserto Corsa and some other games as they get released etc.

I'll try and keep you all posted once I get news that their site is public, but sounds like it could become a great hub for getting all your sim-racing mod needs. After having spoken to them about their site, rating system. I think it has the potential of becoming one of the fairest and most well produced mod showcasing sites we've seen.

7. Golly

Golly Registered

Sounds very exciting Petros indeed.:)

8. call-911

call-911 Registered

Nice!!! Can't wait!! For someone who doesn't have a lot of disposable time, I would love to have a public rating system to show me which tracks and mods I can pass on.... by "pass", I mean not waste my time.. ;)

9. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

We definitely need some kind of central location for all the mods, missing one because you looked in the wrong place is painful.

10. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

Here we go!
    SimRacing Base is now open triyng to make a 'Base' of simracing mods for all simulators, following few months the simracing community will be shocked with Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2 and many others, our aim is to keep all the fantasy mind and the professional attitude of talented guys who wants to made addons for our beloved simulators. Our place will welcome all kind of mods like single cars, race series, tracks, skins etc.. Everything will be approved from us just to keep a fair modding community, illegal conversions and modification without the agree of the original author will be not considered. Our objective is to make a good place for modding and open to comments and reviews. We also welcome all modding team to send wip project and completed project, and (we are very proud of this) we are open to have an Hardware section where professional and not can add his own hardware piece like wheel addons, shifters, pedals, simrig and everything connected to the simracing. We know it will be hard, but we hope to start a little revolution!

SimRacing Base Team

http://www.simracingbase.com/

11. SimRacingBase

SimRacingBase Registered

12. Bram

Bram Registered

13. ethone

ethone Registered

Thanks for providing this Bram!

14. PvtStash

PvtStash Registered

Very interesting reading indeed. IMHO it shows people still have a great deal of passion for sim racing, this has to be a good thing. Best of luck and health to all. :)

15. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Registered

Well done! I really like the layout of the site! I just hope it will become THE place to be! Any possibility to register/add a forum?

16. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

Because there is no new uncommercial content...

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Think of F1C as a brainstorm of mods. True, not all are of great quality and some are of questionable origin. But from these there arises some that are astounding and original with no ripped content. The best modders in sims are at F1C for a reason. It is a place to try stuff, to learn and create. If anyone does not like it, they certainly don't have to join but the best content comes from there and the MOST content comes from there. the stuff that is not of top quality is still fun to try and run around.