deception

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricardo Ferreira, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Ricardo Ferreira

Ricardo Ferreira Registered

I know is a BETA but i think people in ISI don´t think about all.

First the high graphics, i dont understand why? This is a online game, the point is more and more people playing, for this game we need a good PC..so people with pcs with low specs cant play, not fair !

If we want play with a great graphics, we can buy F12011 or Need for Speed etc..

When i play the game first time, my thoughts were: "wtf they did to the game?" The rubber effect ... this is a game=hobbie, not a professional job, some people don´t have 30\40 m to put rubber in the track and do some nice laps, i don´t understand why putting the things so hard and complicated.. I get the feeling ISI don´t understand very wheel the tire model in the game, and is a BIG mess.

I suggested check some videos and you will check the cars don´t do that stupid effects with the tires..

And another thought i had... "why they don´t did a massive update in rf1, putting rain and some cool stuff instead making a new game?"

Hope in future updates and final release a massive update at least physics very similar to some GOOD mods we have in RF1, for me still the best online game, only shame we don´t have the rain like F1C times :(

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I think you're confusing simracing with casual gaming.

We are here because we don't want to play games like these from EA or Codemasters. We're here because we're race fans that want experience as close to reality as it gets.

Graphics requirements aren't that big in rF2 - you can set low graphics detail and you'll be fine with low end graphics card. My GeForce 450GTS can run maximum detail with no problems and it's a midrange graphics card. At least it was when I bought it over a year ago.

There are CPU requirements though, and these come mostly from advanced simulation being run here.

So it's not about a lot of people "playing a game online". It's about whenever you just want to "play a game" - and then you buy games from EA or CM, or if you take online racing seriously and stick to simulators like rFactor or iRacing. Well, if you're serious about it then you will spend some money on steering wheel, new computer and the software.

It's not just another game you buy - it's a hobby. And it's not a very expensive hobby actually.

Simulators are what they are and that's why we choose them. But it doesn't mean they have to run on low specs and have poor graphics.
    You find it unfair? Well I don't. I would find it unfair if I couldn't buy a good simulator because developers need to hold back on system specs. The ones required by rF2 are reasonable conssidering todays standards and I live in average european country.
    There are many simulators out there with different system specs - choose one that suits you best and that's it.
    If your hardware is not up for this, why choose one of the high-end simulators then? :)

It is actually you who are not up to date with things around here. If you're really interested in rFactor 2 then stick to forums and read things before you jump to conclusions - you're getting nowhere this way.

This is still work in progress. First of all, real road technology is not yet connected to tyre wear as it's going to be and secondly, some features as initial rubber layer on track may be added in future - it has been disscussed here on forums.

But that's exactly what they did - rFactor 2 is a massive update to rFactor 1 :)

So massive that old cars and tracks cannot take advantage of new features and therefore it has to be separate product, with separate set of cars and tracks that are up to date.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

+1 What he said

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

great point K

5. Steffen_M

Steffen_M Registered

How often i thougt: "rFactor with the graphics of Shift2 (or another Game with good graphics) would be the best!". Nowadays it is important to have nice graphics, too. So many people will drive pCars with some physical losses but with great graphic experience.

I think the philosophy of ISI is right. I think the optical aspect becomes more important.

6. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

Don't feed the troll :p The only words I want to use on this post are: "If you don't like it, go play one of the 100s of non-sim racers or stick with rF1. Saves you money as well:cool:"

7. Pits

Pits Registered

RF1 verse RF2 graphics, at least keep it real RF1 looks like a 15 year old 2 bit game, plays well but compared to RF2 there's no comparison.

Driving RF2 feels more like driving than RF1, some comparisons but blended with the visuals then again what a big difference.
    Just my opinion of course.

I also think the original post is actually pretty irrelevant to RF2, but he's allowed, some would say this post was trolling in a positive way, but hey.

8. Favio

Favio Registered

Ricardo you are in the wrong place, maybe you could try Forza or Gran Turismo, seem more appropriate to what you are looking for...

9. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

i'm not going to dignify this with a response...:rolleyes:

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Can I ask how you keep a rubberised track? If i run 20 laps in single player and then leave the game, does it stay or reset itself?

If i then go online and setup a server, what does it use then and does it stay or reset, and if so, how?

I'd just like to understand how it works.

11. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

So why did you? :p

Machine that controls the session (so it's your computer in offline, or server in online) controls track technology, weather and all other stuff.

Rubber stays as long as that controlling machine keeps running race weekend. When you load another track or just reload current one - track will be reset.

12. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Thanks for the reply. Shame it is not more dynamic and can be continuously updated over time and outside of track resets. Not sure how it would work so it would make good, practical sense, though.

13. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Not sure what you mean? It is dynamic and is continuously updated until you reset the track.

The rubber is laid down where the cars actually drive. The "rubber line" changes if drivers change the racing line. More laps = more rubber.

What do you mean you wish it was more dynamic?

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I think he means that could be nice if the track status do not re-set the rubber line every time you exit from the session...

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

First of all ISI needs to link real road to actual work of tires. When that's done, then modders could be given a tool to preserve real road state at end of session and save it as initial state of the track.

But it's not like we will get it continous over multiple rF2 runs. Just think of two different servers in different part of the world. If one would be running given track for 2 weeks and the other just got started hosting it, then it would be like driving on two different tracks, depending on which server you joined.

When you think locally it may seem like a good feature to have one track evolve on your computer over days or weeks, but when you think more globally it doesn't make sense to have it this way.
    Feature to load some constant initial state defined by modder is all we need. Anything more will just make things weirder :)

16. Duvel

Duvel Registered

That's what I'd like to see in the end. Plus, two servers having different rubber/grip would be fun to me, and it would only take a server a week or two to get it at least close to a heavily raced server. I mean, grip gains must tail off after a while to an upper limit of some form.

17. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

"We apologise, our server is offline for maintenance today....
    ...200 AI cars are driving around the track. We will be back online tomorrow. Stay tuned."

;)

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

There are pros and cons depending on point of view.
    For example it would be fine to do practice on Friday, Qual on Saturday and Race on Sunday with RealRoad build through whole weekend. Some big leagues may simulate complex weekend with various cars (different mods) and build rubber constantly by each mod, making new conditions available for next one (we know that currently changing mod requires server restart)

I believe there will be option, at least in dedicated server, to store current track state into file, and reload if needed.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Deception, beguilement, deceit, bluff, mystification, bad faith, and subterfuge are acts to propagate beliefs that are not true, or not the whole truth.

I believe you mean: Confusion. This product is what it is, is sold how it is, has the requirements it has. We haven't deceived you just because it isn't what you want, which it clearly isn't. :)

20. Armando

Armando Registered

I'd say he meant "disappointment".