Renault Clio v1.0 Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Chris English

Chris English Registered

Can't get it working with suggested above. :( Will try it on a different car later see if it changes.

2. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Is it possible that the files need to be "Clio_23ALT0EXTRA0.DDS" and similar? Or is it not possible to have windows/wheels only on alternates?

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Is this Clio a sequential or standard gear box?

4. Nelson

Nelson Registered

The Clio mod is pretty fun, although the sound bug ruins the great driving experience. The AI cars also seem to abuse the brakes heavily resulting in massive smoke.

BTW: I have raced against Tim - at least the opponent's car had his name on it ;) I think some forum members would also deserve to see their names with non-licensed liveries in rf2 gold. FONismo and Jameswesty, for example.

5. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

I don't like it as well , thing is in a real car the steering does lighten up and you can feel vibrations and other effects through the g forces and vibrations but the feel of the front wheels does not simply turn off as it does in RF2. ( real cars still have mass to the wheels and gyroscopic forces that's felt through the steering even when wheels are scrubbing heavily and real world tires are far more progressive before they give out )

The exact same issue happens with the rear wheel cars in that as soon as you get into any sort of slide or spin or skid the wheels RF2 gives you vertualy no FFB ( sure real world car migh not give much FFB through steering but it gives it though gravity)

Generally driving simulators get around the lack of Gravity by artificially feeding some of that into the wheel. ( I think this is how RF1 worked and then real feel did what rf2 does , in theory rf2 FFB should work fine but at this point in time it seems very good at picking up bumps and track details but not so good at conveying car mass or car stability)

Still its possible to drive fast laps in the cleo easily because its such a agricultural car to drive , just get the brake points right balance the car through the corner then gunn it on the exit , if the rear end slips at any piont or you get into a slide at all just jump on the gass.

Its a car that takes very little skill to drive to within 1 second of track pace. It can still be fun to race with lots of people but there is no real excitement or finess to the car.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  6. MJP

MJP Registered

The video in post #64 suggests it's a sequential box.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We have a few names from the community in there, most were by request of some sort.

On that note, have any of you found yourselves in the crowd yet?

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have at Mills, even started a thread on it but no one replied :p

9. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I have the same sound issue. Was just in a race on ISR server and found when other cars got near me I couldnt hear my own car. Hope this gets fixed soon. Its kind of interfering with my already slow ass :confused:

10. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

The dirt cloud around 8 minutes was awesome...

11. StevenQ74

StevenQ74 Registered

same here

12. JOR

JOR Registered

I'm hearing something weird with the mod, default car setup, you can hear it mostly when turning
    Someone can tell me what that is? its really annoying

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes,i agree with you by and large ,the ffb lose in rF2 is like ON/OFF and this is unrealistic because it should be more progressive!

14. MJP

MJP Registered

At first I thought that's weird I don't get that, then I twigged what it might be, it's traction control. :)

15. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I hate to sound ungrateful, but please try again if there's any possibility of an agreement being reached.

16. JOR

JOR Registered

You are correct, i disabled all aids and the annoying sound is gone. I guess that sound is not normal/inteded or is it?

17. petervermeulen78

petervermeulen78 Registered

Just been a few days I installed rFactor2 and I must say I love this clio.
    Love to drive it around the track.

18. JOR

JOR Registered

Well, another test, disabled all aids, only speed limiter => its giving me that annoying noise.

No big deal, very nice mod, great fun

19. MJP

MJP Registered

Might be due to them being the same WAV file (albeit differently named), makes you wonder when the TC file is called 'cliocup_in_pitlimiter.wav'. :)

20. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Registered

Sequential for sure