Whens the next update due then?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MarcG, Jul 7, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...well someone had to start it and I'm bored waiting for an error check on one of my drives so tough if you dont like it!

Things I'm hoping will be in the next update in no particular order:

- Clios.....yeah baby!
    - Windscreen bugs fixed...speaking of which actual bugs on the windscreens would be cool!
    - Headlights fixed (not raced night time with my new GPU yet and cant currently to good effect)
    - Proper surround sound effects although I kinda get the feeling these will come post Gold
    - Further AI improvements

I'm guessing we'll see the update later this month, reckon Tuesday the 24th!

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

- EVE and Spark mirrors and maybe updated textures because the shiny parts looks really bad compared to Brabham

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Optimisations is only thing I'm hoping for

Brianza fps isn't playable for me ( Other tracks are solid )

Physics / tire updates too

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  4. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I would like them to improve the rain, add the raindrops etc.

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes was thinking about that... It would be awesome with smaller rain"drops" and some splashing when they hit the track. You don't see the rain itself that clearly if it isn't pouring down. You just see the splashes on the tracks standing water and the rain itself like a light fog. And of course it have to be raindrops on windscreen and mirrors.

6. Legion78

Legion78 Registered

optimization and tyre model improvements please....:D

7. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Oh please optimization...rain improved, windscreen wipers added and tire modelling finished...Clio of course...and the colour sorted...please.:)

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Have you not been around here long enough to understand that this is a pointless question? ISI NEVER answer this, so why ask?

9. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Why did the chicken cross the road?

10. Crankee Stroka

Crankee Stroka Registered

To play awesome PC games on a console? (chickens aint real bright :)

OP Keep your pants on dude we just had an update and its only a tiny dev team, but yeah I feel it too don't worry :D

11. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

To see a man lay bricks.

12. VLA

VLA Registered

"to get to the other side" However'

ISI will do whatever is Priority, coupled with info from their Beta Teasters, which I am not. Therefore it's my position to be patient and enjoy what I have already.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

All I want is to lose the BETA name and ISI come out with v1.0 of rFactor 2 so the modders can get to work making the content that will make rF2 really shine. I love the rF modding community!

14. Golly

Golly Registered

Amen to that brother, our group has lost all interest in modding for RF2 due to no hint of dirt or rally in the close future, so its hard to stay motivated for the cause... You can only look at Polys for so long and texture for something that may not eventuate, and as you already know, to mod is to take a lot of time and effort, so its pointless wasting time until groups know what we can mod for :) But on a bright note, love the beta so far :)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

WHOOSH!! It was meant in jest after the last update thread we had, just a place for everyone to show what they'd like in the next update.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Clio is coming very soon anyway, so theres going to be an update, that is certain and could happen anyday now.
    on the other hand Id like to go 6 months forward so modders start their job as Guy said.

17. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Same here mate I'm looking forward to what modders can do probably more than what ISI put out and I get the impression some really good stuff by modders is being held back until it goes gold.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A stack of content will come from modders,

If rf2 is nicely graphically optimised / physics optimised and all features enabled then to me that's good enough to go gold

More base content from ISI can be added after ( include "coming soon" pop ups so new users know etc )

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What strikes me about the modding community is the passion they put into the modding. Also, modders don't have to worry about licensing so a lot more cars & tracks can be made by them- the lifeblood of sim racing- than can the companies that make the games.

20. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

What a nonsense.
    Do you think that modding teams stopped to work/release stuff because of name? They do that because rf2 is in early development stage. it is not even beta, in some cases we have got prototypes of features. Some may think that everything is ready but optimizing. But it is not. ISI struggle with reflections, lighting, artificial lighting, HDR/exposure, bloom, sound and more. Have to be said: modders are not able to dodge those issues on their own.

What is important, changes in those areas affects final result of modders work - so it is clear why modding teams dont' want to invest time for things which will have to be reworked soon. Changing name is not enough if some patch (let say v1.1) will be released in a few months destroying modders work by changing appearance of their products.
    Staying with some testing version is also comfy for ISI, because they may work on changes without responsibility. If final version will be released, they probably will feel obligated to ensure backward compatibility which require more effort/time from them slow down developement etc etc. In result we all would pay for too early release.

That's why IMO rF2 should get mature before gold, not after.

Same here. But you have to know it may take 6 months more, maybe even a year.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012