GTR2 is better

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Gary Corby, Jun 29, 2012.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I have the GTR2 demo and the GTR2 car pack mod for GTR evo, and the GTR2 demo has very ordinary simulated braking feebback, whereas rf2 probably has the best, also, all rf2 cars have epic front end precision, and IMO, there's not much wrong with F3/2, F3.5, Megane, but the rest don't float my boat.
    I'm not a 1000% sure if true, but some people claim that the GTR2 carpack mod uses GTR2 physics, yet many of those cars are sloppy and have that pendulum feel to them, unlike the best cars in GTR evo.

So for me, GTR2 is not only behind rf2, it's also behind GTR evo.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Agreed.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

o.k

[​IMG]

4. tjc

tjc Registered

I lol`d... :D

5. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I didn't disagree. GTR Evolution is the best simulator for my taste although rF2 has obviously potential to overcoming it. The question is how much better is. And the second question is about the potential becoming true. Will it be?

Plus, you were treating GTR2 as not being a Gmotor2 sim as it is. Thus, the aspects of official content's car dynamics which you related cannot be valid for all GTR2 possible mods. You can implement a full RF1 mod into GTR2 with the weather conditions bonus and the same physics, maybe with a graphic shader less here and there. Some people here mocking GTR2 seems to have forgotten GTR2 = Rfactor regarding physics. You just have to pick the right car / mod.

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

We musta scared Gary off. lol Havent seen him post anything.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

He's playing GTR2 non-stop since that day.

1 person likes this.
  8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

lol :D

9. breeze55a

breeze55a Registered

10. breeze55a

breeze55a Registered

I just found grid prototype mod for gtr2, I raced at r1, I had just about given up on gtr2, till that mod, it allows you to feel what the rear end is doing, and it is a blast on that track. But I love drive Rfactor2 on the same track. Because there is no comparison between the two. The only thing that puts me off about r2. is not being able to race the tracks I want to race with the cars I wish to drive. Other wise I think it is the stuff. I feel that it is only going to get better. I hope soon because I cant wait to see what some of these crazy modders have up their sleeves!!!

11. kkacper

kkacper Registered

Breeze, if you want to drive any car on any track you can do it offline and play in all cars and tracks, or make a VMod (takes about 2 minutes to make one) for that car for all the track you've got then play offline by yourself, or ask some friend or host a server yourself, put the VMod avaible to download from ingame and you're set to go, just wait for people to come in and play :).

Regarding Gary, this guy is on crack, no other way he'd say anything remotely close to it, I love GTR2, played it a bit about a month ago, It's great for what it is but nowhere near rF2 . Its original cars ,as people rightly said here, have the obvious SMS feel (fairly similar to pCars) which means tons of understeer and snappy oversteer. There are some great mods that came out lately (for example Audi TT-R DTM) but it still is far behind any of the stock content of rF2.

12. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Every car in rf2 has the best front end, overall FFB, simulated braking FFB, and the best cars have excellent rear ends as well.
    GFX are also significantly better and are also unfinished.....and as I've said before, if the mods can outdo any of the ISI cars, I'll tip my hat, however, none have to date IMO.

13. Jux

Jux Registered

racers gonna race

14. Cleverleyson

Cleverleyson Registered

ISI take advice from random forum post, I can see it now.

GTr2 was good tho.....Maybe someone should tell him about gtr3....he might blow up tho.

15. Arthur Crout

Arthur Crout Registered

I agree

16. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I uninstalled GTR2(P&G) about 3 weeks. Could not put up with the inadequate feeling of the FFB and weight of the car.
    P&G had best feel of anything in GTR2 but it feels arcade now I am sorry to say.

17. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

First reply from Maug was the best... must be high on crack..

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I wonder if, now that almost a year has gone by since this thread original was posted, the OP's view on rF2 has changed? Arthur Crout necroposted big time, but it'd be interesting to see if the OP still is smoking crack or if he sobered up and came the realization that rF2 is the best sim yet.

19. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I doubt. Probably he is happy running GTR2 @ 300 FPS while ISI boys are delighting their Silverstone @ 5 FPS.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If he is talking about stock GTR2, and with regards to only ISI based titles, I'd pick race 07/GTR Evo, Game Stock Car 2012 and RFactor 1 (especially the last 2) over GTR2 anyday. GTR2 wasn't a great sim relative to those. It was really dumbed down, it was sort of the console-sim for PCs. Part of this is my opinion from owning it for years just from playing and analyzing the driving, but part of this has been technically proven/discovered by others who have investigated GTR2s physics files, and even gone on to make mods attempting to correct it like the NAP mod.

GTR2 I think was a massive success in sales and bringing in new players to PC sims, but I don't think, at least in stock form, that it really showed people what PC physics (let's say from 2006-2011, or even to present day) were/are capable of, relative to other sims.

Then to say it's even better than RFactor 2???...