OMG where is the Clio I want it now! I saw test race on server. I want it now!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jun 28, 2012.

1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Originally (as far as I know) it was for rFactor, and subsequently converted for GTR2, GTL and GTR E. Great track, VLM really know how to set up an atmosphere.

2. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

But being patient is so hard! :p

[​IMG]

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Can i just ask and of course i know it's not a public build but is anyone else having issues with sound distortion when in a pack with the Clios? Seems fine when on track alone. Just want to make sure it's not an issue my end

4. ozleem

ozleem Registered

Yes only when past 6500rpm with more then 4 5 others around it seems

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

some people are having issues with it while the rest are not having it at all ! Nice :(

6. El Reprobatar

El Reprobatar Registered

Same issue but damn : the car sound is really awesome, the car physics too!
    Love this car so far! it just lack of destructive part (like all car yet released anyway)

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

very interesting :p

8. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thanks mate

1 person likes this.
  9. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

OK, I have to admit it. The Clio is growing on me. I must admit that the only reason I tried it again is that I saw a bunch of folks online and got extremely excited as I almost never seem to find fwd action online (as a side note if anyone knows of fwd leagues in Eastern time zone let me know and, incidentally I strongly prefer h-shifter cars as that is what I drive in real life). Having said that, I still cannot give the Clio better than a B-, primarily b/c the mind-blowing Netkar Pro Abarth. Even understanding that this is only a test version I do not believe the main feel will ever be nearly as convicting as the Abarth. Having said all that there are two areas where it can improve greatly; graphics (which really applies to rFactor overall) and tire sound. I believe tire sounds are critical for immersion and, recognizing that in real life tire sounds may be quieter, are necessary for understanding what is happening with grip. The current Clio tires sounds are like sandpaper. Anyone agree? I guess the good news is that these can be changed easily but would be great for ISI to hit it out of the park with tire sounds as this seems like it shouldn't be a technical barrier. Do others agree? Is there anything about NetKar's technology that makes tire sounds better, i.e. more levels of scrubbing/skidding, or is it just better design in choice of sounds or recording?