OMG where is the Clio I want it now! I saw test race on server. I want it now!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Jun 28, 2012.

1. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

LOL, we have alot of theif's on here then?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

do you need a tin opener for that can of worms? :rolleyes:

3. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

The difference is that in your example the person taking the car would have the car, and you wouldn't. ISI still has the Clio, nobody took it from them. Copying is not the same as stealing (which doesn't mean that copying something like that can't be wrong).

So a comparative situation would be that you left your car unlocked and with the keys inside, someone came along, copied it, drove off in his copy but still left you with your car. =)

4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I know, right... :D

Nope, sorry...that's not how it works...hence the thing called copyright...

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Copying can be and often is the same as stealing.

If someone owns a patent or copyright or trademark, and someone makes a copy without permission, that's stealing.

You don't have to actually "lose" the item to have it stolen. Even ideas can be stolen.

6. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I'm not saying that copying like that isn't wrong, just saying that it isn't stealing. =)

For another example, the car companies in China making almost carbon copies of European cars are breaking copyright laws, but aren't stealing cars. =)

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

But they are stealing designs.

8. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Wrong again...that has absolutely no bearing to the issue at hand--are you trying to claim that you waited 'till the car was released, then created a new one from scratch that was nearly identical in all regards? No, I don't think so... :D

Look, I don't really care...and like I said, ISI is being really cool about the whole thing... I just have a problem with calling one thing when it's very clearly something else...

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

While the word "theft" and "stealing" have been used when talking about copying IP, they're really bad words for it. The connotations of stealing and theft have always been that someone has something and it's taken away by someone else. Copying is another thing entirely, where even if it's done illegally, the original party still has what it used to have. Some forms of copying (like pirating, copying designs etc. illicitly) are indeed illegal, but using the word "stealing" just conjures false connotations. But enough of this particular off-topic, the pirates and copyright mafias have and will discuss that in courts. This is no place for it.

And blakboks: I never said they're exactly the same thing, just that both are breaking copyright laws, like you brought up. =)

10. DouDouSaxo

DouDouSaxo Registered

Clio Cup

Re everybody

Ooohhhh, much discussion, for no friends, I think ISI has left some link available for beta tester of the mod (if ISI would rather keep that secret it does not advance things, we are all here to make advanced mod created by the ISI for a wonderful rfactor2.

Anyway this is a version 0.1 which is available for beta tester and not final!!

In writing on this forum, I thought of doing advanced things, to tell my feelings, and sensations to help if it's necessary, and say the points has improved.

So physics of the car: I find it perfect, probably of little things to change, but really small things.

The Sound: I find it very well, for me nothing has changed

3D: I guess with the beta version of rFactor 2, we can not have too good a rendering of the mod or mod and circuits.

Go, as you can see this mod Clio Cup is eagerly awaited by many people, and I noted that when we bought rfactor2, we all knew it was a beta, and that we help the developments of mod .

Cordialy

DouDouSaxo

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Since Ive started all this, let me explain, it was just a joke to a friend.

People like me in here, have paid for the content and they are going to get it anyway.
    If someone took it accidentaly, hes not to blame in anyway.
    Only thing, ISI asked us not to distribute it as its coming soon in proper way.
    Thats all and I do not acuse anybody of stealing, violating copyright or anything.

Pheeewww...

12. danjama

danjama Registered

I am concerned that the graphics are inferior to RF1 (which i never played btw).

Anyone know if the graphics will improve significantly over the development period?

It's quite evident in the comparison posted on previous page.

13. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I'd wait for the Clio to reach a version higher than the current v0.1 before I would comment on how the shaders work. The main difference I see are the reflections, and in the cars that are closer to being finished they work much much better.

rF2 already looks much better than rF1. Mid Ohio from VLM for example looks better in rF2 than rF1, even though it's not finished. And the graphics engine (let alone the rest of the game) isn't finished either. There will be upgrades to the graphics to bring it further than it is currently.

As they say, beta.

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

There is a lot of stuff in the pipeline, have you seen the slo mo tire model vid that was posted? amazing. There was another one showing rain on the windscreen that looked great. I think (no real evidence) they are working on the physics at the moment and the graphics will come down the line later. I think we can be sure there are improvements over the next couple of months

15. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Personally I think graphics and physics are coded by different people and they're both being worked on concurrently. =)

16. DouDouSaxo

DouDouSaxo Registered

ClioCup

thx Jubuttib

for good information, I personally find physics genius.
    It is true that 3D with this beta, one may disappoint me, but I doubt that any team ISI working in the right direction.

if you need a helping hand, I'm available!

;)

DouDouSaxo

17. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Of course they are different skills, I meant in reference to the beta releases, as the physics is way ahead of the graphics. Like I say you can see what the graphics guys have been up to in the odd video release. Stuff yet to be seen on our screens.

18. danjama

danjama Registered

Thats good to know, thanks for the info. Sorry im new to the beta, whats VLM? (virtual le mans)?

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

20. danjama

danjama Registered